Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eternity Minecraft - Server is Live!
*Grumbles from his slumber and meanders over*

*Reads the thingy*

...Kay. I'll do it this week. I'll let ya know.

*Meanders back to his slumber*
(01-17-2018, 04:24 PM)Mestra Wrote: Looks great Sep, can't wait to start building again.

Will the main world remain or is it being reset?  May have missed that somewhere.

Also, I am very interested in helping with server creations, namely I have some cool ideas for a large Server based "capitol" city if you will that I can start working on.  Just let me know.

I thought I replied to this. I swear I did. I don't know what happened to it; maybe I just never sent it, and navigated away...

Anyway, Yes. The server, eventually, will be reset. However, that will not happen until some time around public release and advertisement (which, at the current rate, will be sometime at the end of 2020, I'm sure). Until then, I'm keeping the test overworld up for, well, testing things.

As for server help, currently I need help with updating the server hub. I can go into better detail in person, really, but the gist is that I need an actual nice-looking ceiling to cover the dirt/roots inside the middle sanctuary bit. I also would love for the build materials for the walls/floors to be varied up a bit, instead of the huge reliance on cobble/sandstone/oak planks, but that's not nearly as important because this hub won't be completely permanent; I have a much larger version that I want to have built, eventually. I'd let someone else touch it for me, but I barely have an idea for it, myself.

Eventually I'd love for you to build a big capitol city, but you might not want to do that until I generate a new overworld...which I might just make in world painter, because I want some custom terrain, though I keep flip-flopping as to what will be the inspiration for said terrain. HOWEVER, if you want to get a kickstart on making some of the buildings and details for your city, we have the creative Flatland for you to plop them down.
(01-29-2018, 05:13 AM)Seperallis Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 04:24 PM)Mestra Wrote: Looks great Sep, can't wait to start building again.

Will the main world remain or is it being reset?  May have missed that somewhere.

Also, I am very interested in helping with server creations, namely I have some cool ideas for a large Server based "capitol" city if you will that I can start working on.  Just let me know.

I thought I replied to this. I swear I did. I don't know what happened to it; maybe I just never sent it, and navigated away...

Anyway, Yes. The server, eventually, will be reset. However, that will not happen until some time around public release and advertisement (which, at the current rate, will be sometime at the end of 2020, I'm sure). Until then, I'm keeping the test overworld up for, well, testing things.

As for server help, currently I need help with updating the server hub. I can go into better detail in person, really, but the gist is that I need an actual nice-looking ceiling to cover the dirt/roots inside the middle sanctuary bit. I also would love for the build materials for the walls/floors to be varied up a bit, instead of the huge reliance on cobble/sandstone/oak planks, but that's not nearly as important because this hub won't be completely permanent; I have a much larger version that I want to have built, eventually. I'd let someone else touch it for me, but I barely have an idea for it, myself.

Eventually I'd love for you to build a big capitol city, but you might not want to do that until I generate a new overworld...which I might just make in world painter, because I want some custom terrain, though I keep flip-flopping as to what will be the inspiration for said terrain. HOWEVER, if you want to get a kickstart on making some of the buildings and details for your city, we have the creative Flatland for you to plop them down.

I can look at the hub at some point, maybe generate some ideas then talk with you about what you were thinking.

I was thinking about a capitol city, I started work on a building design in the test world, sadly the landscape there was too good to pass up and it inspired me, the design itself shouldn't be bad to copy elsewhere, so whenever we get a new custom terrain area or what not, I assume I can move the design and place it in an appropriate place.
Just an update: I've copied the cathedral to the flat world. I've made a fence like structure to separate the area where I will be building schematics for a capitol city that I'm terming Rasanor, at least for now.  You'll see a notice board when you go towards the gate in the fence.  I've included what i'm currently working on and what I plan to work on.  If you want to work on something let me know, I've got a partial theme going I think.

Also I highly recommend using the Conquest Reforged resource pack (Found Here), it makes designs more medieval fantasy like, and in my opinion gives a better feel to the game, especially with Shaders.  If youre not familiar with shaders, I can post something about them, but there are plenty of places to learn about them.  Basically install forge, and optifine and pick a pack.  I'm currently using  Chocapic13 v6 Extreme.  Its pretty nice.

If there is anything you think should be added to possible design ideas for a capitol let me know.  It'll be difficult somewhat without having terrain to build upon, but this should work.  I think for homes, the faction claims are a chunk size, might look into making this work, not sure yet or what Sep will change in the future.

Since I like sharing and feedback, here are some pictures of the cathedral so far... There are day and night shots for perspective.
Show ContentSpoiler:
A little bit ago, we had an electrical outage, and it shut down the server. I have since brought it back up, and everything is running normally again. However, I have not done any work on it for a while.

That will change this weekend.
- I will be updating to the latest software releases, which also might mean updating some plugins.
- Furthermore, there will be a few more changes; most immediate will be the addition of inventory kits for new players, though the ones I'll be making are temporary until I (or someone) create the server information books that I want to include.
- I will also be moving the server spawn to the temporary server hub, which will be in use until the final hub is built and from which all existing maps can be accessed.
- Finally I'll get around to adding and configuring the spawn hub Mestra created for the Skylands map, so that it can be usable.

That's pretty much it.
YEAH
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
SkyBlock game mode has joined the server!

Well, I did as I said I would do. I have fully implemented the Skyworld map, which is the SkyBlock challenge zone. From the hub you can travel to the Skyworld spawn island, where you'll be able to follow the path to the island's spawn hut (or use "/mv spawn" if you are just SO LAZY). There's a vending machine there to give you a pamphlet on how to start playing Skyblock.

What's skyblock? Just go get the pamphlet and learn! Or look it up on google or something. In any case, I'm still working on a little bit of it, trying to get said pamphlet to appear in the chest that spawns with your island. It's no big deal, since you can use "/mv spawn" to go back to the skyworld spawn and get another one at any time, but it's still a little annoying to me...it ultimately doesn't matter, and should still be fully playable. You don't even need to memorize any commands besides the basic one anyway: simple use /is and you will open a graphical interface that where you can access all available Skyblock commands.

HOWEVER, if you play it, be on the lookout to make sure the skyworld nether works properly, and that you don't get sent to a normal-looking nether instead. That's the only issue that might arise.

Beginner inventory kit(s) added!
Okay, it's not that big a deal, and no one here will even see them. However, I did add a very basic introductory inventory kit that gives basic wood tools and some food to any people that join the server from now on. It's only temporary, as I intend to add server books explaining the community, the rules, the super special map that should be coming, commands that can be accessed, etc...all the basics any new person needs to know. Don't worry that you don't have this stuff right now, as such important documents will become server books that you'll eventually be able to buy/view/copy from a library within the server hub later, after they are written.

"/spawn" removed!
Well, supposedly. I have removed normal access to the "/spawn" command, but it should still be available for admin/mod and server/commandblock use. For those who don't remember, /spawn would teleport you to the server's spawn location...pretty simple stuff. However, with the more frequent use of the Multiverse plugin and multiple maps, there are multiple spawn points that can be used, and /spawn can only go to the main spawn. Because the main spawn is in an inconvenient place in the depths of the server hub location, and I want to leave that location purely for use by brand new players, I removed the command.

But fear not! Multiverse has its own version of the /spawn command, and it's much better! Simply use /mv spawn and you will be taken to the spawn location of whatever world you are currently in...perfect for saving yourself hours of trecking from the middle of nowhere! Fabulous!

What's next for the server?
Dare I say it, we are very, very close to moving towards phase 3: moving out of testing and implementation of features, and moving into actually building the server into its final release form. Yay!

In the short term, this will mean checking out another plugin or two that Mestra notified me of, as well as doing a couple more software updates to bring the server current. I also NEED to replace the permissions plugin with something better and that actually works.

In the long term...well, you can see the list in the original post. The biggest part will be seeing a new survival overworld created with a new map (the first of which I'm thinking of basing on the Siora MTRP map, just for fun), as well as lore for it, spectacular locations to explore and conquer, building some new game modes...it's a time of polishing the server for public access, but it's going to be A LOT of polish.

My first concern is making sure everything works right with a minimum of bugs. So if you see anything not working right, spawn or other protected areas that are not protected, commands that aren't working right (or commands you shouldn't have), but being able to do something when you think you should...let me know. I want to get stuff fixed.

I may not be loud about it, but I'll be doing a lot more work on this now that I'm more or less settled into our new home and into my new job. Of course the nature of my job means my spare time is erratic and often limited, but I'll still do work when I can.
Minecraft will be offline for the next week for two reasons:

1) I will be doing other things that require the hardware that links it to the internet. Thus, it won't be linked to the internet anyway.
2) When I am done with that, I will be doing final setup for the stage 2 stuff that I haven't yet completed. This doesn't require it to be offline, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The server will be back online no later than 7/16, regardless. I'd apologize for the inconvenience, but based on activity I know it inconveniences literally no one. Flipped Smile
THIS INCONVENIENCES ME.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
LITERALLY no one.