Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eternity Minecraft - Server is Live!
Brick 
EternityRPC Minecraft Server is a go!
*cue fanfare*
It's a basic step, but it's the first one, the hardest one.

Server Status : : Online

Show ContentApplication to be added to the server whitelist:

Show ContentWhitelist of players on the server:

Show ContentInstalled plugins and basic commands help:

Show ContentThe Rules:

Hey, this is mostly a placeholder. We're working on a server at the moment, and this post will be updated with the server information when it's ready.

First, however, I'm wondering what kind of "mods" to put on it. I've been mulling over Towny & maaaaaybe one of the many economy mods whose name escapes me (but I'll find it).

A test server has been set up. It is a generic survival server, for the purposes of testing (and building, of course). No resource packs or mods are currently being used, though look for this to change as testing continues; any changes will be posted in this thread (hopefully ahead of time), so you'll have ample warning.

Please note that I have not set up a basic set of rules for play on the server, yet. One will be made for the future, but you can probably assume that "don't break shit that isn't yours" and "don't be a dick" will be somewhere on that rules list, so please don't be a dick and don't break shit that isn't yours. Yeah.

Also note that this is being hosted on my own network, and my own machine; if problems happen and mess up my connection and my machine, regrettable consequences will follow. There is a whitelist; this means only people I allow can enter the server. Furthermore, I'm only giving connection credentials to people I trust on this forum, and I expect that such credentials will not be shared without my express permission (since I control the whitelist anyway), on pain of death.

If you want the login credentials to the server, PM (or post here, if you want it public) the spoilered application above.

The "To Do" List

Phase 1:
Check Install & open server
Check Test server config

Phase 2:
Check Can into Spigot/Bukkit
Check Edit & test server config
Check Investigate user permissions & commands
Check Investigate plugins
Check - - Find & install a town p.i.
Check - - Test & configure town p.i. [Factions installed]
Check - - Find & install economy p.i.
Cross - - Test & configure economy p.i. [[ IN PROGRESS ]]
Check - - Find & install NPCs p.i.
Check - - Test & configure NPCs p.i. [[ IN PROGRESS ]] {{pushed off to phase 3}}
Check - - Find & install multi-world p.i.
Check - - Install & test WorldEdit
Check - - Install & configure WorldGuard
Check - - Install & configure WorldBorder
Check - - Install & balance mcMMO
Check - - Can into Essentials?
Check - - Essentials plugins (chat/spawn/etc?)
Check - - Install LWC
Check Install & configure dynmap
Check Test dynmap
Check Tree-feller something and minereset

Phase 3:
Cross ???
Cross Anti-xray (anti-cheat? surely no one here wants to be perma-banned)
Cross - - Test & configure NPCs p.i. [[ IN PROGRESS ]]
Cross World painter thing [[ IN PROGRESS ]]
Check Acquire standalone server hardware
Cross Customize & prettify dynamic map [[ IN PROGRESS ]]
Cross Super Cool Spawn Location! [[ IN PROGRESS ]]
Cross Explore custom settings (food growth, etc)?
Check Replace PermissionsBukkit with newer/better plugin
Cross Fix bugs & server performance. * * NEW * *

Phase 4:
Cross Live public launch? [tentative]
Cross Profit!

Show ContentServer Update List:
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

Also, I'd say doing both is fine--Andlosheim and whatever people wanted. I mean, the map /is/ endless.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
Yeah, I figured. I had an idea of making the spawnpoint a portal hub sort of deal where one can traverse to multiple places in "Andlosheim." I'm going to look into maybe creating from scratch some little "worlds" and basically make little custom pocket dimensions for building/exploring maybe perhaps...

I'm still mulling things over. Flipped Smile
(12-31-2016, 05:11 AM)Seperallis Wrote: Yeah, I figured. I had an idea of making the spawnpoint a portal hub sort of deal where one can traverse to multiple places in "Andlosheim." I'm going to look into maybe creating from scratch some little "worlds" and basically make little custom pocket dimensions for building/exploring maybe perhaps...

I'm still mulling things over. Flipped Smile

I want to help build.
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
Oooo... Minecraft... I'd be game.
(12-31-2016, 05:50 AM)Severyane Wrote: I want to help build.

Then help build, bruh. Flipped Smile
Can I personally be against towny and suggestwe do Factions or Factions Plus....I find personally towny too.....finnicky...Idk if anyone else feels the same, but if most people want it...Im going rogue and taking you guys with me Tongue
I'll look into both. I'm fairly certain I heard of Factions, but I'm looking for something with a fairly large degree of control, but if I can get the same effect with a more....efficient mod, then by all means.
Factions is similar to towny but its more user friendly to both the owner of the faction and the regular old member than towny in my opinion.

Edit: from some of my exposure with Factions + that large degree of control might be there
There is civilization experiment reddit.com/r/civex if you some sort of nation building