Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community and SMTRP Rules Overhaul
I am currently in the process of performing the second major overhaul of Eternity's rulesets. This is part of a larger overhaul of the Starter Guide, shich is woefully out of date.

For the most part, this overhaul will serve two purposes:
1) Remove wordiness to aid in readability.
2) Slim the list by reordering, rewording, and recombining concepts so that it is not... *checks*... 3,357 words long. And that's just the community stuff.

The Community Rules, including rules for Fantasia RP, are found here: Community Rules
The Modern Tech Roleplay Rules are found in this separate thread: SMTRP Rules

Submit suggestions for changes, or comments on the current rules in this thread.
I'll of course post the final revision for comment, and we shall vote upon it publicly.
However, there is no timeline for when that will happen, but it is likely by the end of May.
(assuming I don't get swamped with inspection work)

First Draft edit - http://board.eternityrpc.com/thread-909-...ml#pid7385
Second Draft edit - http://board.eternityrpc.com/thread-909-...ml#pid7940
Third Draft edit - http://board.eternityrpc.com/thread-909-...ml#pid7989
Get rid of the chatango section in community rules lol?
Well obviously.

But yeah, all out of date stuff like that will be removed. Likely that Discord guidelines will either be just copied from the Discord announcement, or just referenced...like, “oi, go read the Discord rules on Discord, boii”

Written exactly like that, too.
Here is the first draft rewrite of the community rules:

Show ContentThey see me rollin':
as I discussed in chat:

1C, maybe a mention of redirecting political conversations related to RP to #politics if they go on too far rather than just ending them like it says? thats usually how we deal with that, right?
Reworded 1C to add that in
\o/ y e e t
So I noticed this was never finished. I'm about to remedy that.
Is adding a section that makes it clear that site rules supersede community rules a good idea? Because I feel that hasn't been clear enough.

Also, THE HERO WE DESERVE. <3
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
I mean, it gets stated on new account creation, dunnit? Though that can be added to the community ones. Alternatively, make them all one set so we don't have three sets of rules playing about: site, community, and RP. Flipped Smile