Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions: Board Improvement
If you've a suggestion for improving the board, including implementing particular BBCodes, feel free to post in this thread. Administration will review suggestions as possible.

Here's a simple format you can use for suggestions:

Code:
Suggestion:
Area of the Community the Suggestion is aimed at:
How can it be implemented?:
How will it benefit us?:

If you have a suggestion for improving the community as a whole, please go here.
Eyo, we could really use a way to view "active topics" etc.

The most recent posted topics, I mean. There was one on the old forum, and I used it quite often to see what was posted in most recently
Done. It's at the bottom of the board statistics.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
danke sire
Suggestion: Subtitles on threads.
Area of the Community the Suggestion is aimed at: All threads.
How can it be implemented?: The right applications of magic and science.
How will it benefit us?: I liked having them to provide descriptions where the thread title might not be exactly straightforward. Example: Although my "Minatan Maa" thread is under the Media subforum and can be assumed to be some sort of news feed, I don't put Karjelinn in the title. On the other board, it was "Minatan Maa", subtitled "Karjelinn's Culture Periodical" or something like that. I also liked to be able to put "Attn: Country Name" or "Karjelinn, RP Country Partner" in the subtitle field where it was a true RP thread so that people could get a sense of which two nations were playing and make the determination over whether or not they maybe should keep up with the events as it may affect them as our neighbors, or whatever.
(09-18-2016, 03:28 PM)Sal Wrote: Suggestion:   Subtitles on threads.
Area of the Community the Suggestion is aimed at:  All threads.
How can it be implemented?:  The right applications of magic and science.
How will it benefit us?:  I liked having them to provide descriptions where the thread title might not be exactly straightforward.  Example: Although my "Minatan Maa" thread is under the Media subforum and can be assumed to be some sort of news feed, I don't put Karjelinn in the title.  On the other board, it was "Minatan Maa", subtitled "Karjelinn's Culture Periodical" or something like that.  I also liked to be able to put "Attn: Country Name" or "Karjelinn, RP Country Partner" in the subtitle field where it was a true RP thread so that people could get a sense of which two nations were playing and make the determination over whether or not they maybe should keep up with the events as it may affect them as our neighbors, or whatever.
Done. The plugin I used was for a slightly outdated version of myBB, though, so let's hope nothing goes horribly horribly wrong.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Suggestion: Change the font size bb script to accept the usage of "point" or "pixel" inputs. I haven't seen the backend, but this probably involves moving away from pure HTML5 into using style scripts. Preferably we'd be able to keep the old formatting style with the new, just to prevent reformatting literally all the posts so far.

Area of the Community the Suggestion is aimed at: Erythang

How can it be implemented?: Forum coding, getting away from pure HTML5 into using CSS.

How will it benefit us?: All the formatting, bruh. HTML is weaksauce, and while BB can make up for some of the shortcomings, it's easier to know exactly what size we're getting on our display by using "point" or "pixel" instead of guesswork or experience.

I mean, it's not a big deal, but it would be nice.
Uh...I'm not sure I can edit the default BBCodes, but I /can/ add custom bbcodes. I  could add one that takes your input number and adds "pt"/"px" to it.

At first it seemed as if myBB already did that, with your number experiment, but then it goes "HURDURIFIX."

EDIT

Okay, --oh god the h1 on the Rush theme is weird as all hell--I've added two new bbcodes:
[h] and [point]

[h] lets you use the pre-defined heading:

Code:
[h=1]Heading 1[/h]
[h=2]Heading 2[/h]
[h=3]Heading 3[/h]
[h=4]Heading 4[/h]
[h=5]Heading 5[/h]
[h=6]Heading 6[/h]

Projects:

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Heading 4

Heading 5

Heading 6

while [point] takes your input, sticks "pt" after it, and plugs it into a font-size span. It only goes up to 69, which should be enough size for y'all. I don't want to see text 200pt large, and I doubt you do either, so.

Code:
[point=1]1[/point]
[point=5]5[/point]
[point=10]10[/point]
[point=20]20[/point]
[point=40]40[/point]
[point=69]69[/point]
[point=70]70[/point]
[point=200]200[/point]

Projects:
[point=70]70[/point]
[point=200]200[/point]
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
Suggestion: Reference codes
Area of the Community the Suggestion is aimed at: All users who make properly referenced arguments.
How can it be implemented?:
[code]This one goes in the text..
[ref]*[/ref]

It doesn't have to be a "*", it can be whatever you like, usually numbers.
the references themselves generally go at the foot..
[reftxt]I am the reference![/reftxt]
Hmm...this is possible. Maybe through...

This is the text that needs a reference.[1] This is the sentence after it. And this is a different sentence that needs two references.[2][ref=*]

1. This is source.
2. This is source.
[reftext=*]This is Patrick.[/reftext]

Though, there may be trouble if there's other references using the same id on the page.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire