Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SBTO Standardisation
Hey so I'm thinking we really should standardise equipment if we are to work together militarily. So I'm proposing this, we standardise the following main items

Arm:
Guns
Tanks
Infantry vehicles
Artillery

Airforce:
Fighter jets(maybe interceptor and multi-role)
Transport aircraft
Tankers
Radar Aircraft

Navy:
Basically similar standardise each class of ship

In terms of who provides it we should consider carefully. I think the 5 main options are severyenne(Cheap and effective), Taenus(Probably better, also neutral) , Llanlania ,Nyland or Oslanburg
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
P.S any people wanting to bid for said contracts can post their jets etc
[Image: SBTO%20Base%20network_zps4xzr7sin.jpg~original]

This is my proposed network of joint bases.
My oh my I wonder what this alliance is supposed to be aimed against...
Arkiania can offer you a bulk sale of Leopárdali combat platform. The platform supports MBTs, APCs, IFVs, SPAAs, and support vehicles.

TypeHeavy APC, SPAA, or CRV
In Service1575-present
Used ByRoyal Armed Forces of Arkiania
WarsOctitanian Civil War
Designer and ManufacturerTavium Military Armaments
Unit cost$3 million approx. ($4 million for MBT)
Weight60 tonnes
CrewCommander, Driver, Gunner, 9 passengers
Main ArmamentRCWS with 12.7 mm machine gun or GMG30mm Autocannon2x35mm autocannon(SPAA)
Secondary ArmamentSmoke grenade dischargers4x AA missiles
Engine1200hp turbocharged diesel engine
Power/weight20 hp/ton
SuspensionHelical Spring
Operation range500 km (310 mi)
Speed60 km/h (40 mph)
(06-25-2017, 06:56 PM)BrumBrum Wrote: [Image: SBTO%20Base%20network_zps4xzr7sin.jpg~original]

The Hejdar Union states object to this. Many bases are too close to the border which, political fallout aside, comes with the risk of the bases being overrun in a surprise attack far too easily. The Hejdar Union states and Castleon would prefer that bases be located beyond 50km from the border, ideally closer to 100km where possible. Additionally, Freesia objects to hosting so many "unnecessary" bases; it'd rather host up to 1 naval base and 2 army or air force bases.

While they're willing to standardize munitions and logistics standard (the Hejdar Union states already have, and they're very similar to Castleon's), they're a lot less willing to buy equipment they don't believe meet their national requirements, so keep that in mind. They are open to upgrading/updating their infantry arsenal though. Their current main combat rifle has been in service since the 50s.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
(06-26-2017, 02:27 AM)Ayzek Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 06:56 PM)BrumBrum Wrote: [Image: SBTO%20Base%20network_zps4xzr7sin.jpg~original]

The Hejdar Union states object to this. Many bases are too close to the border which, political fallout aside, comes with the risk of the bases being overrun in a surprise attack far too easily. The Hejdar Union states and Castleon would prefer that bases be located beyond 50km from the border, ideally closer to 100km where possible. Additionally, Freesia objects to hosting so many "unnecessary" bases; it'd rather host up to 1 naval base and 2 army or air force bases.

While they're willing to standardize munitions and logistics standard (the Hejdar Union states already have, and they're very similar to Castleon's), they're a lot less willing to buy equipment they don't believe meet their national requirements, so keep that in mind. They are open to upgrading/updating their infantry arsenal though. Their current main combat rifle has been in service since the 50s.

Okay so if in those countries we open up the bases 100km from the border and we cut the ammount of bases down a tad.In terms of standardization I believe according to treaty law standardising the equipment is opt in when you want to opt in to a standardisation programme.So its not an issue they choose only to standardise certain equipment or even none. How many bases a country chooses to accept is up to them.
you literally want to build bases all around carpathia? lol
Why not simply expand the capabilities and capacities of existing bases in each country to accommodate SBTO joint military activities, rather than spending billions duplicating infrastructure? Building an entire military installation is a costly endeavor compared with simply adding a flight line here or a barracks there, unless certain countries are just completely lacking in some military capacity.

Then the question becomes, which bases receive the upgrades and conversions to SBTO military activities.