Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akitian Civil War
(12-29-2016, 11:09 PM)Zabuza825 Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 08:29 AM)Alvino Castillon Wrote: Okay. I have a huge issue with this.

I really strongly oppose this. Carpathia can not go around playing the big hero logistically and diplomatically.

Logistically speaking, Carpathia is really really far away. Like, does not have any bases nearby and really has no pot to piss in being so far away. Organizing an invasion on the magnitude that is being suggested is not only batshit insane (as once again, no bases nearby) it is downright suicidal. The time it will take for this amphibious invasion to get there will have a serious detrimental effect on morale and battle readiness. And yes, I said amphibious. Because the fascists have a damned military, remember? So it'll be really difficult for an invasion to succeed under such circumstances.

But okay, let's just assume that logistically speaking, Carpathia somehow against all odds succeeds in what is essentially a suicide mission for the bulk of Carpathia's military force. It'd be all great and sunshine and rainbows, right?

Diplomatically, no. Kazemura would literally murder Carpathia, assuming Sainam and the rest of Ostara doesn't do so first. I am 100% certain that in addition, Carpathia would cement the mindset that it is a warmonger on a global scale that would happily invade any nation under the justifications of human rights violations. Oh and by the way, that justification falls flat if the Royal Family of Akitsu doesn't say "Yeah sure, go ahead" which is what Carpathia needs to do before anything else. Basically, if you want to claim the good guy role, speak to the Royal Family before you go invading (according to Zab). If not, then Carpathia can't claim that hero role and should be treated as a hostile force.

As a note, if that invasion does happen and the Royal Family of Akitsu didn't give their blessing, Kazemura will treat Carpathian forces as enemy combatants. Plain and simple.

Well, first of all from what I understand Carpathia's justification is NOT human rights violations and while that IS a factor in it, it's not the main reason. Their main justification would be this treaty (link) that Carpathia signed. This treaty doesn't mandate the use of force before biological weapons are used in an armed conflict, but it does mandate military action against those that use biological weapons are used (see Subsection IV/III)

My apologies. Although arguably that's an even more flimsy excuse then, as that treaty does not have the signatures of almost everyone involved in this conflict. Although Kazemura agrees with the concept in theory, that is not a valid casus belli to invade half way across the world without any negotiation with local powers.

Edit: So, Lines just told me we do have some international accords that prohibits making chemical and biological weapons for non-peaceful purposes and that reasonably speaking, every not-crazy state probably signed it. Still, he also said it's not really grounds for an invasion.

Quote:Secondly, his plan isn't to immediately go for an amphibious invasion.

Oh? That's actually interesting... what's his plan the-

Quote:It's first to use cruise missiles to bomb the living shit out of the fascists (which will result in an ungodly amount of civilian casualties if he's not careful) and then do an invasion, which doesn't help much logistically but it would weaken the hell out of the fascist military.

Do I even need to explain how terrible an idea this is? No? Cool. And by the way, if the fascists are prepping to unleash bioweapons upon their own people... I have little confidence they won't use the civilians as meat shields.

Quote:As for the Royal Family giving the go-ahead to Carpathia, that'll be unlikely to happen without serious concessions from the Carpathian side (for example, military intervention is fine but no invasion amphibious or otherwise) considering that Kazemura and Sainam (and, depending on what happens, possibly Singan) will also already be involved.

As a possible corollary, I advise that any such intervention that seeks the Royal Family's blessing should be properly coordinated with Kazemura, Sainam, and the Royal Family itself (Singan said they'll help patrols and aid. No boots though) as we're throwing the bulk of our weight into all of this and have the most to literally lose for this war. Especially Sainam.
Goldecia would not get too involved. Ostara ain't its neighbourhood so its meh. Svarna is pissed at civil war and concerned but again apart from some support behind the scenes for fascists would likely stay out.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
The doctor can come to Angiris if you want, Zab. We can provide him with asylum, and we'd be interested in working with him to develop cures and/or anti-bodies that can be used to reverse the effects of these weapons should the fascists actually ever create them and use them.

That said, the Angirisian Empire is not going to be too happy seeing Carpathia stick its nose in business half a world away, especially with the sort of battle plan he's got in store for the fascists. All Carpathia is going to do is more harm than good, and whose to say the local coalition won't do the same thing.

One thing is for sure, this thing is going to cost a lot of lives and lots of cash.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

yh yh all whine about carp sticking it's nose in something while soyabar proxies with New zealmark!
(01-06-2017, 06:56 AM)Soyabarian Empire Wrote: yh yh all whine about carp sticking it's nose in something while soyabar proxies with New zealmark!

I literally do not understand what your point is. Although frankly, Soyabar really shouldn't be involved either. But hey, it's your funeral; just putting a larger target on your back later down the road.

(01-06-2017, 04:25 AM)BrumBrum Wrote: Goldecia would not get too involved. Ostara ain't its neighbourhood so its meh. Svarna is pissed at civil war and concerned but again apart from some support behind the scenes for fascists would likely stay out.

Svarna should be careful on that end. It is likely that the Far East Coalition (Sainam, Kazemura, the Restorationists, and Singan with possible Tiejungo) will be enacting a blockade on the fascist held areas of the country in order to starve them out and to ensure their materials run out all the faster. Any ships with supplies for the fascists will be redirected/turned away by the blockade. Any ship that attempts to run the blockade... well, all options are on the table at that point.
(01-07-2017, 02:23 AM)Alvino Castillon Wrote:
(01-06-2017, 06:56 AM)Soyabarian Empire Wrote: yh yh all whine about carp sticking it's nose in something while soyabar proxies with New zealmark!

I literally do not understand what your point is. Although frankly, Soyabar really shouldn't be involved either. But hey, it's your funeral; just putting a larger target on your back later down the road.

I have provided a translation. You're welcome.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
(01-07-2017, 07:52 AM)Ayzek Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 02:23 AM)Alvino Castillon Wrote:

I have provided a translation. You're welcome.

Oh. Yeah that makes way more sense.

I mean, again, it's Soyabar's funeral. They don't have the same amount of staying power nor the same capabitilies as Carpathia. Once the commies get knocked out that's gonna be it. Unless Soyabar actually wants to start a full on war with the Far East Coalition... which, why.
I'm going to delay the start of this post, there's a few things I want to RP before the start of it.

imalsototallynottryingtoputstuffoffbecauseicantthinkofsomethingtowriteiswear
This RP will happen eventually, I just have kind of lost interest in RP'ing Akitsu for the time being, so again it's on hold.

By the time I pick it up again I'll probably have to change it quite a bit to fit the new situation, but I'll still eventually get to it.
Looks like this is happening soon, so I was just wondering if anyone's willing to volunteer their country as a place where the doctor can run to.