Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akitian Civil War
(12-27-2016, 10:21 PM)Zabuza825 Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 03:54 PM)Soyabarian Empire Wrote: okay so Smile 2 ways of soyabar messing around alongside is like I see it,
  • You said the restorationists and the common communist in a pm that they wouldn't accept help from soyabar, but perhaps they would from New Zealmark now that it is independant but as ofcourse mentioned in the ooc topic for the soyabarian commonwealth is that it is just a farce to keep new zealmark under soyabarian control. But officially New Zealmark is fully independant
  • secondly, if the above doesn't work for you I could fully support the minor faction with the soyabarian commonwealth so hard they'd become a major faction. But Soyabar ofcourse would not get on stage in public, I would just give money,goods, guns, etc to the minor faction and maybe even go so far to send mercenaries or soyabarian soldiers acting like mercs

let me know what works best for you

Restorationists (and the Communist Party of Akitsu that would probably join them) probably wouldn't accept support from New Zealmark either........ the country just got out of a few wars and I would imagine is still in the recovery phase. Them offering support would raise some eyebrows. So the second one works better. Though your support for them is unlikely to remain a secret forever.

(12-27-2016, 04:12 PM)Ayzek Wrote: Pretty sure mercenaries are unlawful combatants under international law.

True, but that hasn't stopped "volunteer forces" (such as the Chinese People's Volunteer Army in the Korean War, or the Eagle Squadrons and Flying Tigers in WW2), or more recently and relevantly PMC's

Well, I could like annonymously donate also tanks and stuffs and I could do like send volenteers.
And maybe they're like soyabarian stalinists/moaists on a jihad or something that just happen to roll out of the military or something Smile
On a note, Sainam probably will be interfering directly in this whole issue (See you soon Ikar), so we'll probably be getting in contact with with the restorationists. Though in the beginning, the extent of Sainam interfering is the northern island closest to us....because noo....just no

The Arch-Kingdom of Oslanburg
Head of State: HM Arch-King Aerin III
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nis Overgaard

The Ceribian Federation
Head of State: President Okropir Bakradze
Head of Government: Prime Minister Daviti Dgebuadze

Singan will try to stay out, but if the Worker's Party begins to become a more major faction, it will join in with Sainam to strike them down. It might provide material support to the Restorationists like food stuff and things.

If foreign mercs (namely non-ostarans) are publicly outed during the war, Singan will be swift to condemn that and will be more likely to join in and stop it out.
(12-28-2016, 03:38 PM)Rommy Wrote: If foreign mercs (namely non-ostarans) are publicly outed during the war, Singan will be swift to condemn that and will be more likely to join in and stop it out.

then only new zealmarkian "volenteers" will join =)
The Restorationists can count on some financial aid from Kubaniza and Arrenland, though not much, considering that neither has any particular interests in that part of the world.
The Angirisian Empire will back the Restorationists, as they are viewed as the true government of Akitsu. Expect such backing to be economic and political, probably not much in the way of military aid, especially with Sainam and Kazemura fronting that bill.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Okay, so here's what I have so far:

1) Doctor leaks information about a secret biological weapons program the fascists are planning to elements of the military sympathetic to the gov't in exile.
2) This doctor then hijacks a plane to defect to another country (I dunno which, Nyland or Angiris maybe?) and reveals the biological weapons program to the world, along with the human experimentation that went into developing the biological weapons.
3) Elements in the military sympathetic to the government-in-exile rebel. But they are largely only able to secure control of the southernmost island.
4) Word of the rebellion spreads quickly through Akitian social media, seeing an opportunity the Workers' Party of Akitsu takes advantage of the chaos to take control of the northernmost parts of the country.
5) Fascists secure firm control over most of the main island, and begin pushing against the Workers' Party and Restorationists.
6) Many countries support the Restorationists, including a Sainamese invasion of the north.
7) Soyabar supports the Workers' Party, without this support the Workers' Party would've been crushed by Sainam but with it they'd probably at least put up a fight (they're still unlikely to succeed though).
8) Seeing foreign countries support the rebelling factions, so the fascists use their biological weapons against the rebelling factions. Many people die
9) ??????? <- I'm hoping the Restorationists will win, but I'll have to RP to see if it actually happens.

Side notes: I've spoken to Carp over Skype, and he's blatantly said that once biological weapons are used Carpathia will probably invade Akitsu in what he said will be the largest military operation he's done in RP in years. He's said he'd do this in support of the Restorationists. Not sure exactly how this will play out in RP though.

EDIT: Number 8 in the list once said the Workers' Party would use their biological weapons. That was incorrect, as the Workers' Party doesn't have biological weapons, only the fascists do.
(12-29-2016, 06:42 AM)Zabuza825 Wrote: Okay, so here's what I have so far:

1) Doctor leaks information about a secret biological weapons program the fascists are planning to elements of the military sympathetic to the gov't in exile.
2) This doctor then hijacks a plane to defect to another country (I dunno which, Nyland or Angiris maybe?) and reveals the biological weapons program to the world, along with the human experimentation that went into developing the biological weapons.
3) Elements in the military sympathetic to the government-in-exile rebel. But they are largely only able to secure control of the southernmost island.
4) Word of the rebellion spreads quickly through Akitian social media, seeing an opportunity the Workers' Party of Akitsu takes advantage of the chaos to take control of the northernmost parts of the country.
5) Fascists secure firm control over most of the main island, and begin pushing against the Workers' Party and Restorationists.
6) Many countries support the Restorationists, including a Sainamese invasion of the north.
7) Soyabar supports the Workers' Party, without this support the Workers' Party would've been crushed by Sainam but with it they'd probably at least put up a fight (they're still unlikely to succeed though).
8) Seeing foreign countries support the rebelling factions, the Workers' Party of Akitsu use their biological weapons against the rebelling factions. Many people die
9) ??????? <- I'm hoping the Restorationists will win, but I'll have to RP to see if it actually happens.

Side notes: I've spoken to Carp over Skype, and he's blatantly said that once biological weapons are used Carpathia will probably invade Akitsu in what he said will be the largest military operation he's done in RP in years. He's said he'd do this in support of the Restorationists. Not sure exactly how this will play out in RP though.

To this I say, Severyane would most like condemn Carpathia, and try and push the international community towards unified action against the intervention. Severyane can't abide by Carpathian interventionism where Carpathia does not belong.
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
Exclamation 
(12-29-2016, 06:42 AM)Zabuza825 Wrote: Side notes: I've spoken to Carp over Skype, and he's blatantly said that once biological weapons are used Carpathia will probably invade Akitsu in what he said will be the largest military operation he's done in RP in years. He's said he'd do this in support of the Restorationists. Not sure exactly how this will play out in RP though.

Okay. I have a huge issue with this.

I really strongly oppose this. Carpathia can not go around playing the big hero logistically and diplomatically.

Logistically speaking, Carpathia is really really far away. Like, does not have any bases nearby and really has no pot to piss in being so far away. Organizing an invasion on the magnitude that is being suggested is not only batshit insane (as once again, no bases nearby) it is downright suicidal. The time it will take for this amphibious invasion to get there will have a serious detrimental effect on morale and battle readiness. And yes, I said amphibious. Because the fascists have a damned military, remember? So it'll be really difficult for an invasion to succeed under such circumstances.

But okay, let's just assume that logistically speaking, Carpathia somehow against all odds succeeds in what is essentially a suicide mission for the bulk of Carpathia's military force. It'd be all great and sunshine and rainbows, right?

Diplomatically, no. Kazemura would literally murder Carpathia, assuming Sainam and the rest of Ostara doesn't do so first. I am 100% certain that in addition, Carpathia would cement the mindset that it is a warmonger on a global scale that would happily invade any nation under the justifications of human rights violations. Oh and by the way, that justification falls flat if the Royal Family of Akitsu doesn't say "Yeah sure, go ahead" which is what Carpathia needs to do before anything else. Basically, if you want to claim the good guy role, speak to the Royal Family before you go invading (according to Zab). If not, then Carpathia can't claim that hero role and should be treated as a hostile force.

As a note, if that invasion does happen and the Royal Family of Akitsu didn't give their blessing, Kazemura will treat Carpathian forces as enemy combatants. Plain and simple.
(12-29-2016, 08:29 AM)Alvino Castillon Wrote: Okay. I have a huge issue with this.

I really strongly oppose this. Carpathia can not go around playing the big hero logistically and diplomatically.

Logistically speaking, Carpathia is really really far away. Like, does not have any bases nearby and really has no pot to piss in being so far away. Organizing an invasion on the magnitude that is being suggested is not only batshit insane (as once again, no bases nearby) it is downright suicidal. The time it will take for this amphibious invasion to get there will have a serious detrimental effect on morale and battle readiness. And yes, I said amphibious. Because the fascists have a damned military, remember? So it'll be really difficult for an invasion to succeed under such circumstances.

But okay, let's just assume that logistically speaking, Carpathia somehow against all odds succeeds in what is essentially a suicide mission for the bulk of Carpathia's military force. It'd be all great and sunshine and rainbows, right?

Diplomatically, no. Kazemura would literally murder Carpathia, assuming Sainam and the rest of Ostara doesn't do so first. I am 100% certain that in addition, Carpathia would cement the mindset that it is a warmonger on a global scale that would happily invade any nation under the justifications of human rights violations. Oh and by the way, that justification falls flat if the Royal Family of Akitsu doesn't say "Yeah sure, go ahead" which is what Carpathia needs to do before anything else. Basically, if you want to claim the good guy role, speak to the Royal Family before you go invading (according to Zab). If not, then Carpathia can't claim that hero role and should be treated as a hostile force.

As a note, if that invasion does happen and the Royal Family of Akitsu didn't give their blessing, Kazemura will treat Carpathian forces as enemy combatants. Plain and simple.

Well, first of all from what I understand Carpathia's justification is NOT human rights violations and while that IS a factor in it, it's not the main reason. Their main justification would be this treaty (link) that Carpathia signed. This treaty doesn't mandate the use of force before biological weapons are used in an armed conflict, but it does mandate military action against those that use biological weapons are used (see Subsection IV/III)

Secondly, his plan isn't to immediately go for an amphibious invasion. It's first to use cruise missiles to bomb the living shit out of the fascists (which will result in an ungodly amount of civilian casualties if he's not careful) and then do an invasion, which doesn't help much logistically but it would weaken the hell out of the fascist military.

As for the Royal Family giving the go-ahead to Carpathia, that'll be unlikely to happen without serious concessions from the Carpathian side (for example, military intervention is fine but no invasion amphibious or otherwise) considering that Kazemura and Sainam (and, depending on what happens, possibly Singan) will also already be involved.