Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom and Democracy Survey OOC
The "1594 Freedom and Democracy Study" can be found here!

Hello, and welcome back to the coveted and much-loved survey that's fun for all the family, the Freedom & Democracy Survey!

Quote:This is something of a placeholder until I can get around to formatting data and such. I'll eventually make this a pretty post with all kinds of wonderful BBCode and pretty pictures, I'm sure, but you're stuck with this for now:

This is the OFFICIAL database for Siora's Democracy Index, as administered by the "Freedom and Democracy Study" of Nyland's Rue Research Group, a not-for-profit academic study formed by Nylander social, economic and political researchers in 1522. Originally meant to only analyze Nyland's deficiencies and how it could improve, the study eventually expanded to include any and all nations the researchers could reasonably include. PLEASE note that there is no universal definition of "democracy," and while the researchers attempted to be as unbiased as possible, this survey is conducted by Nylanders, and as such the questions and answers will obviously be bent towards their definition of the term.

Quote:Please only submit data for nations that are yours; any "trolling" will be disregarded. Furthermore, please answer truthfully and to the best of your ability; I understand if people interpret questions differently, but it's obvious when someone deliberately tries to nudge up their nation's score (and I can change the responses anyway). I mean, some on. It's just for fun.
The 1580 Freedom & Democracy Survey is now live!

>> Click here to add your nation to the survey! <<

*insert cheering and applause*

The survey will be open until some time in 1580, and is dated for that year. If there are problems, misunderstandings, or you simply have any questions or concerns, please feel free to pop them in this thread so I can both answer them and keep a record of them for posterity...for reasons.

Like fixing stuff.

And not forgetting to fix stuff.
Just popping a general note here: if nothing changed in your nation and you don't want to risk significant variations because the last survey was a year ago and you don't remember shit, don't respond; I'll pull your data from the last survey, so it's no big deal.

Also, note to self: re-read and re-word some questions to be less wordy and confusing.
Public notice, the survey is still open, and will continue to be so for a fair bit.

If you have not done so, you're still free to add your nation(s) and NPCs to the list, and I will still accept them. HOWEVER, please note that the survey is dated "1580," and as such should be answered as if the current year is 1580.

Results will be tabulated and published within the week, but analysis and maps shall not happen until I return home.
The 1594 Freedom & Democracy Survey is now live!

>> Click here to add your nation to the survey! <<

*insert cheering and applause*

The survey is now open for 1594, and is dated for this year. I'm going to keep this one up until 1600, which is when I plan to re-evaluate, and should get me back onto the ten year schedule I had intended before a lot of nothing happened. Oops. Anyway, if there are problems, misunderstandings, or you simply have any questions or concerns, please feel free to pop them in this thread so I can both answer them and keep a record of them for posterity...for reasons.

Like fixing stuff.

And not forgetting to fix stuff.

I know there was stuff to fix, but I forgot what, and since no one told me HERE I have no record of what it was. Oh well, guess it'll remain un-fixed for another couple years.
"Do ethnic, religious and other minorities have a reasonable degree of autonomy and voice in the political process?"

THIS QUESTION CONFUSES MY SIMPLE MIND. DO I ANSWER "YES" IF THEY HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF PRIVILEGES AS OTHER GROUPS? OR DO THEY NEED SPECIAL PRIVILEGES?
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
(10-19-2018, 02:05 AM)Ayzek Wrote: "Do ethnic, religious and other minorities have a reasonable degree of autonomy and voice in the political process?"

THIS QUESTION CONFUSES MY SIMPLE MIND. DO I ANSWER "YES" IF THEY HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF PRIVILEGES AS OTHER GROUPS? OR DO THEY NEED SPECIAL PRIVILEGES?

The first one, "yes" if your minorities are not oppressed and participate in the political process.