Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign: Expansion New Zealmark for expansion
Google translated version, with some changes
The history of New Zealmark
The beginning until colonization

The history of New Zealmark goes back to before the current era, there is still uncertainty about the origins of the people who inhabited the country. One thing is certain and that is that they are related to their eastern neighbors the svarnan.

On a cultural level, the Zealmarkians are similar to a mix of Ishnallan and Svarnan, their habits, culinary and other traditions are usually a mix of the two aforementioned countries, but there are many regional differences between north, east, south and west. There is a clear split that one can almost draw with a straight diagonal line between the north east of the country and the southwest. On the modern maps that portray the culture, this line is corrected and no longer as linear.

For centuries, New Zealmark was ruled by different types of tribes who more or less spoke the same language and had more or less the same culture. Not really Svarnan but also not really Ishnallan. Throughout history, the country was repeatedly threatened with invasion or the neighboring countries of this beautiful tropical country tried to capture the land through diplomacy that failed, and in some circumstances turned to violence.

When in the year of the Lord 700 the pale faces arrived they were not received in a friendly manner like their neighbors but the soybeans came with goods and knowledge that the Zealmarkians needed to be able to maintain their independence, and thus went on an increasingly large scale trade. with the Soybeans

Three centuries later, however, so many of the pale faces on the coast had moved into their trading posts that more and more tribes had voluntarily joined between the years 700 and 1000 of the current era.

Some tribes were lured by the money, others were conquered by other tribes by fellow countrymen, with weapons from Soyabar, superior to the arsenal that the tribes had at the time.
Soyabar Had to keep the situation under control to maintain regional stability. It offered many other tribes in the area to join who had not done it voluntarily or because of the war. The last major tribes joined, and Soyabar made a diplomatic treaty that promised the still independent tribes that they could never be forced by Soyabar to join their Colony.

Soyabar never violated the treaty during the colonization period and always respected the borders, with the result that there are ethnic enclaves in the current tribal area that are Soyababarian. These ethnic enclaves have so far been under the authority of the tribes. Who still use the form of government of the ancient antiquity of loosely connected tribes that have relatively little to do with each other politically.
So a few things.

1) There are no primitive antiquity era tribes in the modern era that aren't controlled by some other government. There can be tribes, but they aren't just out in no mans land. Someone has claimed that territory and owns it in 1600, whether primitive tribes live there or not. It is likely there were other colonial powers besides just Soyabar here. Maybe something like Valland or Castleon or even Lanlania had influence further to the west of what is now New Zealmark, with other post colonial states now being there.

2) 700 is FAR too early for Soyabar to begin colonial activities so far away. 1300 is a much better rough starting date.

I'm thinking Soyabar colonial process started around 1300 and "finished" somewhere in the 1500s or so, with whatever treaties you signed with these remaining tribes. 

If you write out the historical narrative of this process, describing various points along the way. New Zealmark can and will be expanded, the extent of which will depend on the quality and quantity of the narrative written. I'll roleplay this with you, as some Castleon and Valland colonial operations in the area as well. Maybe those operations end up controlled by New Zealmark through negotiation, war, or something, idk. Maybe they end up as other post-colonial states that New Zealmark could try to confederate with in the modern period maybe???

I will post an image in discord showing where these Castleon/Vallish colonization efforts will be. 

If you accept these things, I declare this request

Approved
Well, I agree with you on grand lines.
We have to discus the post colonial states tough, we don't exactly see eye to eye on that. What I was thinking more of confederations of native tribes like the native americans where before the major expansion westward and ended up like they are now, not really USa but not really independent nations either
It doesnt really matter whether the neighbors to the west are a modern indigenous state with a government, military, etc. or if it is some post-colonial state like New Zealmark. The point is that there isnt going to be some sort of wasteland outside of New Zealmark with no modern government controlling it. This isnt antarctica or anything. Even the most remote and primitive tribes in the Amazon are still in -- Brazil. Even in Afghanistan, which you have referenced, there is still a modern government, roads, cars, etc.

I really dont understand what you mean by this

"not really USa but not really independent nations either"

There are independent nation states bordering New Zealmark to the west, even if they arent on the map and officially OOCly claimed yet.
Okay, but you don't want to see conference thing?
Then I could see you play these confederadions, in the next post I will put a map of how I see it
I based the size mostly in terms of enticity, at the coast theres soybeans living etc

Angel Angel Angel

[Image: RsYebWq]
Sorry for the delay, RL work stuff haha. Here's the timeline I was thinking about for the colonial efforts in this subcontinent (we should really give it a name).

-1250s-1290s: The region is "discovered" and mapped by West Brigidnan explorers. 

-1290s-1310s: Initial colonial ventures by various trade companies, sovereign states, etc. make landfall in the region (we really need to find a good name). Many of these fail, or are consumed by larger ventures over the next few decades, for various reasons.

-1310s-1350s: Four main colonial entities survive from 7 initial landfalls. Lanlanian, (two landfalls), Castleon (one landfall), Florinthian (two landfalls) and Soyabarian (two landfalls). T(map is in discord somewhere). These groups use different methods, policies, etc. but all manage to last. I'll leave how the others do colonies to them, but Florinthian trade companies will be co-operating with Arkianians (to the north) and will create a sort of dual-colony with them. I'll talk with Arkman on what our colonial policies will be like. I'm pretty excited about this concept. The Castleons will be pretty brutal to the natives, and will focus on resource extraction primarily, along with plantations and slave labor. 

-1350s-1450s: Colonies continue to develop, but there is unrest among the natives perhaps? Also, are there wars among the colonizing states? There could be some sort of changing of hands in that case.

-1450s-15??s: at some point, these states become independent of their colonial masters. The exact process of this is TBD, and could be different for each one. We will be left with several post-colonial states, with diverse influences, both brigidnan, arkianian, and native. There could be multiple states for each colonial zone. These states can now play with each other, cooperatively or aggressively. I'm not sure how New Zealmark became independent IC, but it could be more recently.

WHAT THIS ACCOMPLISHES:

-it establishes lore for the region that doesnt have a ton
-it creates players in this region for New Zealmark, Ishnalla, Svarna, Arkiania, etc. to play with/against
-It increases New Zealmarks size - we could have NZ simply get bigger, or we could have a second Soyabar ex colony to the west of New Zealmark, bigger than your initial claim, that you could seek to unify with in the modern period. That second idea could be pretty interesting and goes along with your initial request a bit. But yeah MOAR LAND
That looks good to me, do we do the company thing seperatly like the dutch east indies company and the engish one?

And New Zealmark became a puppetstate of Ishanalla in the late 1500's after the soya svarna war, and the soyabarian commonwealth-religious revoltwar
the companies could be separate yeah. and this is all well before the late 1500s so thats fine. if New Zealmark remained a colony of Soyabar that late its alright. It isnt a colony anymore, I believe?
In the late 1500 it transitioned from a colony to a commonwealth member, and after than a puppetstate