Expanding Country: New Zealmark
EC.'s Government Type: Monarchy

Campaign Setting: 1600
Campaign Goal: [Image: unknown.png]
The goal is to annex the land right there
Informational Links:none atm
When did you last have an Expansion? Not at all
When was the Expanding Country's last military conflict? From 20 years ago
Why do you seek to expand? control More of the rivers as naval transport is getting even more important for New zealmark and its goverment want it because its getting paranoid

Campaign Plot
the people to the left might swear loyalty to New Zealmark because their still pretty close and enthnic soyabarian people might still live there asswell (its on the coast) and more to the southern regions I did there might be some force required to add it to new zealmark

Potential for Other Player Involvement
Ishnalla might help

How your country may evolve from success
It will by having more coastal land to build coastal harbors on, which will lead to more imports and exports for the entire region

How your country may evolve from defeat
Given the instabilty of the region in the past, it might collaps on itself
Campaign Plot (updated)
the people to the left might swear loyalty to New Zealmark because their still pretty close and enthnic soyabarian people might still live there asswell (its on the coast) and more to the southern regions I did there might be some force required to add it to new zealmark.

To put it in other terms, New Zealmark will invite the confederates of tribes (both plural) to a conference and invite them to Join the empire of New Zealmark, without giving away it's join or else. There are going to be some confederation to the south that will need to refuse, the 2 to the east, the one with mostly remaining soyabarian settlers mixed in with local tribes will be easier to swear fealty. The south eastern part will be in doubt and be invaded if necesary how the conference goes.
So what I'm reading is this: Ethnic soyabarians are settling lands outside of the lawful borders of New Zealmark. New Zealmark wants to integrate those territories now that a fair number of ethnic Soyabarians are in them?

I have a few questions:

-How long have ethnic soyabarians been settling?

-Has their settling been intentional, or are people just migrating? Either or, why are they settling in other places outside of New Zealmark?

-How did enough settlers get into the western territory to give it a strong likelihood of joining outright? wouldnt that require a lot of settlers?

-Who currently owns the land, and why didnt they try to stop the soyabarians from coming over?

~~~

If you ask me, the far more compelling story here is about ethnic soyabarians settling in lands outside of New Zealmark. Thats far more interesting than the conference and subsequent invasion you mentioned (though that can totally still happen afterwards). You can write about them moving, settling, potential conflicts with the current lawful owners, etc.

It is more interesting, dont you think?
The thing is, what I have in mind is that they're already have been since when new zealmark was colonized. but I could see the conflict arising from there

but I'll answer the questions.
How long have ethnic soyabarians been settling?

Soyabar has been settling roughly between 800-1000 and colonized New Zealmark. But trough consessions to the natives, part of the ethnic soys fell out of the border

-Has their settling been intentional, or are people just migrating? Either or, why are they settling in other places outside of New Zealmark?

Intentional, and they where moving about, refer to question one for last part of that question

-How did enough settlers get into the western territory to give it a strong likelihood of joining outright? wouldnt that require a lot of settlers?

Their families have been living there for hundreds of years, and people reproduce like rabbits so yeah

-Who currently owns the land, and why didnt they try to stop the soyabarians from coming over?

Warlords and local tribes own the land. Part of the western part, mostly along the coast could be seen as soyabar 2.0 and seen as New zealmark was a colony of soyabar it seems logical
From my perspective, enough soybeans being there for it to be "Soyabar 2.0" surely requires some level of historical roleplay. You say it seems logical, but that's a pretty big advantage gameplay wise, right?

Are these warlords some sort of official government or are you trying to claim them as being essentially no mans land? If so, why is this region effectively un-governed while other, nearby regions, have governments, economies, etc. What set these people back so far?
With soyabar 2.0 I don't mean exactly soyabar overseas, but rather alot of soybeans bred there lived there and set up independent communities over time. because of colonialism Greater zealmark got divided into what was there , the warlords and tribes Just like you got in afghanistan (New zealmark is roughly based on pakistan) So they're in the modern era, it is just that these people have no existing federal goverment of some sort.

This settling took place long ago mind you, New zealmark could take over the entire region of Zealmark and just be Known as zealmark after than but that would require it be even larger than that is proposed.
Afghanistan has a government though, doesnt it?

I guess I'm just a bit confused as to how, in 1600 (something like 2050 IRL time i guess), there would be a territory with no government.

What is the history here in this region, re: Zealmark, new zealmark, warlords, etc.?
Afganistans goverment barely has control over its people outside of major cities. it is basicall what happened in New Zealmark new zealmark could be controlled while the outer stretches couldn't that is why I'm asking for a territorial expansion.

The history of new zealmark can be compared to how the british conqured india.
But still, a government, right?

Explain for someone ignorant of how the british conquered india. How did Soyabar conquer new zealmark? How did soyabarians get all over the place? Like, a timeline or narrative.
Bsically the british bought out india via the east trading company, soyabar basicaly did the same in the years stated before, but with less violence, that why s wa able to hold on for so long but didn't get it all