Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolhar
So as I get back into the swing of things after my hiatus of god-only-knows-how-long, I need to catch up but I have had an idea for an RP.

Basically, now would be around the time that fascist Kolhar starts to have economic issues. My current idea is to have peaceful protest start when food prices start getting a bit too high for the poor, and have those protests grow in strength in spite of attempts to stop the protests by the fascists. I'm hoping that eventually the fascists will be forced to peacefully cede power to protesters and allow for free and fair elections (originally not planned to be free). The fascists (wanting to avoid the same mistakes that led to Arz Brianan's demise) would reserve a majority of seats for their own candidates with the only way to not allow them in to be to cross their name off the ballot to vote against them, fascists would assume that the single-option vote would give them a resounding victory but so many people would vote against fascist candidates that the opposition gains power, leading to a dissolution of the fascist government and reunification of Kolhar.

But that said, I'd imagine this would gain the attention of many local powers, so I want to see how other local powers would react when the first protests in fascist Kolhar start gaining more traction.
While Severyane is not a local power, we are just across the sea. Severyane wouldn't get involved with any sort of direct actions. We'd likely be very supportive of the protesters and their right to self-determination. Something Severyane learned in sort of the same way is that when things start to go like this, you kind of have to give in to the pressure. Aside from that, we'd maybe send in intelligence assets to do spy things and gauge just how friendly these protesters opposition government would be to Severyane before they oust the fascists. After that, we'd engage in direct diplomatic talks.

That's all I have to say on the matter as I do not want to be intrusive, but if you want I'd get more, or even less, involved in support of the Kolhari peoples. Negotiators, mediators and the like.
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
It's funny that Sev mentions it, but Kolhar really is not far away from WBU now that I check on the map.

WBU will definitely be paying attention to this, at least.
shoot, why not have WBU help assist protests or rebels? Is that what youre looking for?
(06-02-2019, 01:58 PM)Flo Wrote: shoot, why not have WBU help assist protests or rebels? Is that what youre looking for?

I wasn't really "looking for" anything but if you want to do that you can!

I just wanted to be aware of the OOC situation before doing anything. Last time Kolhar had a government change it was by civil war and it very nearly exploded into a regional conflict at a few points. Wanted to be aware of any risks before going through with it, since I am not sure if there's anyone outside of Adwest with a vested interest in keeping the fascists in power.
adwest is very sleepy
There would be very little need for non regional intervention, as Goldecia can certainly handle any issues, and if things get too out of hand, Taeunas wont be adverse to wipe out the fascists.
Republic of Taeunas Database
RTT News

Only the strongest will survive... lead me to heaven when I die...
I am the shadow on the wall... I'll be the one to save us all...

Constitutionalist

DeSchaine's Shipyard
It's no trouble, we dont mind the distance o/

and if the region could handle this on its own, Goldecia included, fascist kolhar would have never happened in the first place? lol
Discretion is the better part of valor.
(06-02-2019, 10:16 PM)DeSchaine Wrote: There would be very little need for non regional intervention, as Goldecia can certainly handle any issues, and if things get too out of hand, Taeunas wont be adverse to wipe out the fascists.

Maybe, if it came to that, Taeunas would be willing for some more cooperation with Severyane? We could send over a carrier group.

That being said, I don't think it would come to any sort of conflict.
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]