Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GREATEST DEP-RESSION.
(12-12-2018, 04:30 PM)Seperallis Wrote:
Quote:Ultimately, forcing a global recession on anyone through means by which an individual may not want to participate in or is crafting enough to get around seems like a terrible idea and is a demonstration of enforced roleplay on people, which should not really be done.

Welcome to nation roleplay. Or roleplay in general, whose entire premise is forced reaction to previously unforeseen circumstances...otherwise it’s just normal fiction.

I have mentioned something about this previously, but since you and I’m sure several others don’t want to skim through 4 pages, here is a quote from me, discussing plans of more minor events:

Quote:I forgot to mention above, we’ll be throwing random events at the world from here onward. Whether it’s a major hurricane here, a major earthquake there or something much less generic, we’ll start throwing a couple mostly random roadblocks at the world at active nations, or sometimes npcs in active regions. The purpose is to create more impetus for actions/reactions among nations; we generally assume such problems happen, but whether it’s a blindness or lack of time or whatever, such things never come up in either news or rp. Now it will.

This “change” will come starting some time in 1596

First, I was more referring to a super volcano type of event which would cause many problems that some people may not like, as that could geographically mess with their nation in sort of mean ways, but that's its own problem that seems to be unlikely to happen. It might be the same if someone was like your nation is hit by a big ass meteor and half your country is gone, seems a bit excessive (not that I think this would be forced upon people, you're all much nicer chaps than that). I am not at all opposed to major and minor events, that does add some excitement to the world.

While I understand that we can't be super realistic, and the planet's geography is a bit different, I was only giving examples for a pandemic that were based on what I understand of real world diseases as a foundation to understand how to actually RP a pandemic. If your pandemic is so unrealistic that it doesn't follow some basis on real life, then it is difficult to think of ways to respond to it. Again, I would assume such things would have some basis in reality otherwise I don't know where we would be. As such, a pandemic could work if done in crafty unique ways of course, and I have great faith that it will be crafty, unique, and interesting.
Did anything ever come of this?
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]