Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GREATEST DEP-RESSION.
Okay so how does this outbreak occur? Or more specifically how are we RPing it? Will it be a central thread or spread out in our RP?
Maybe it could start in the ishnalla, Svarna border regions? Could maybe start on the farms then someone goes to a big city then it starts spreading from there by flights.So Ishnalla and Svarna are the initially hit nations.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
It should start deep in Svarnastan. Or near Kortoa.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
The most logical place is svarna and ishnalla border because of agriculture(hence easy to jump to humans) , poverty, likely bad hygiene due to lack of access to things like baths and showers or possibly even clean water etc and having it hit two nations at the start makes containment very hard.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
Don't listen to that man, he's crazy. Besides, Ishnalla is a model welfare state with the BEST of hygiene. Nobody has better hygiene than Ishnalla, believe me.

Also, I hear Svarnans have sexual intercourse with cows, so yeah. Svarna.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
It'll happen when it starts. More specifically, there will become mention of it some way, some where; most likely in a news post, because a twit would be silly.
I wanted to chime in about this possible outbreak. It is most likely that this sort of disease would like only be an epidemic not a full blown pandemic. That being said, only the poorest of countries with the least access to good sources of food, water, and overall hygiene would be the most likely to be hit, and have the disease spread. Secondly, a disease of this nature would likely start in these countries or countries with high humid conditions such as tropical locations or jungles. Such a disease would likely not hit the more developed continents, as by the time the disease was discovered major nations would have likely already started working on a cure, or put into place mass regulations on controlling entry and such. Thus, nations such as those in Brigandia and other similiarly develped nations like Nyland, Mestra, Angiris, Goldecia and the like should be fine.

In RL, a terrible disease such as ebola is deadly in non-developed, or under developed nations that have low access to clean water and good hygiene practices and supplies. That said, ebola isn't that deadly upon arrival in say the United States, where we can more effectively treat the disease. The couple of cases that happened in the US a few years back were okay as we could treat the symptons with the patient in isolation, also given how the disease spreads.
For this type of thing to negatively affect the global economy, it would need to be something like the Flu, similar to the Spanish Flu of 1918. However, again given modern times and technology, it is unlikely this would spread rampant through developed nations to cause a global meltdown. As such, I don't think it wise or useful to remotely try something of this nature.

That would leave you all with some large natural disaster, a Super Volcano would indeed be terrible, but unlikely to affect the entire world, so its placement would indeed matter. Not all crops would be affected by a slightly colder climate, and an ash cloud may not fall everywhere depending on how air currents move, etc. Again, this would have to happen in a logical place. Another, option would be a massive global war. Although, having everyone participate would be challenging.

Ultimately, forcing a global recession on anyone through means by which an individual may not want to participate in or is crafting enough to get around seems like a terrible idea and is a demonstration of enforced roleplay on people, which should not really be done.
With that said, I could understand the need to spice up the forums a bit.

So my recommendation would be to do one of two things, either have our own version of the Stock Market crash of the 1920s which lead to the Great Depression or the 2008 Housing Market Crash which caused the Great Recession. Either of these would have a negative impact on the global economy, especially if starts in say Nyland or the HLE, as these are the two largest economies, (not sure if this was already suggested, I just don't want to read through 4 pages of posts). Of course, we can all blame these two nations, j/k. Technically, any of the top 10 nations could cause an issue, or a combination of the top 10. This would meerly mean an overall decrease in growth, etc without the need for drastic rp actions.
(12-12-2018, 03:00 AM)Seperallis Wrote: It'll happen when it starts. More specifically, there will become mention of it some way, some where; most likely in a news post, because a twit would be silly.

I understand that. I’m more interested in how it’ll unfold/be RPed out since this is supposed to have an effect on my expansion and serves as a distraction/catalyst for the war.

It sounds like it won’t be a central thread but rather spread out in different areas. Am I incorrect in that assumption?
Did I not make it clear? I was supposed to make it clear, and I feel I didn’t come back and make it clear, so I apologize for not making it clear. Allow me to make it clear:

Quote:A correction is happening. We have had four real life years, 30 in-universe years of constant and strong unchecked growth, both economic and with populations (though there seems to be much less concern for the latter). Because if this, there is a correction coming. this correction will be fair and uniform, affecting all persons equally and keeping the prevailing balance of power.

The only question that was ever raised, was whether or not to acknowledge the correction in RP via some crisis. Regardless of which crisis is used or whether or not we even have one, there will be a correction, and this correction will not change.

Now, as to the actual vehicle of said crisis, debating whether this or that is or is not likely is pointless: every argument assumes qualities of the crisis that have not been determined, and counters these invented qualities with examples from a real world that is vastly different from Siora in geography, events, systems and economies. Real examples can work as inspiration, but barely work as a guide and can’t logically be translated over.

Strict adherence to Logic is boring, anyway.

In any case, a crisis is coming. A pandemic is likely to be one of the causes of the crisis, and said crisis is likely to have other causes and factors, as the world’s situation may dictate, and that’s as much info as anyone is getting until we actually start to kick this off.
Quote:Ultimately, forcing a global recession on anyone through means by which an individual may not want to participate in or is crafting enough to get around seems like a terrible idea and is a demonstration of enforced roleplay on people, which should not really be done.

Welcome to nation roleplay. Or roleplay in general, whose entire premise is forced reaction to previously unforeseen circumstances...otherwise it’s just normal fiction.

I have mentioned something about this previously, but since you and I’m sure several others don’t want to skim through 4 pages, here is a quote from me, discussing plans of more minor events:

Quote:I forgot to mention above, we’ll be throwing random events at the world from here onward. Whether it’s a major hurricane here, a major earthquake there or something much less generic, we’ll start throwing a couple mostly random roadblocks at the world at active nations, or sometimes npcs in active regions. The purpose is to create more impetus for actions/reactions among nations; we generally assume such problems happen, but whether it’s a blindness or lack of time or whatever, such things never come up in either news or rp. Now it will.

This “change” will come starting some time in 1596