Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New RP: Planning Thread
If we consider the order of preference, the winner was Medieval RP (character). MTRP Brigidna was the second most voted option. At a much more distant third, it was MTRP Europe. But let's see the numbers to have a clearer picture of the survey:
  • Medieval RP (character) was chosen as first option by 37.5%. MTRP Brigidna was chosen as first option by 25%. Other three options received 12% (that's, only chosen by one person).
  • Medieval RP (nations) was chosen as second option by 37.5%. Unless you are too picky, it is safe to say that a Medieval RP is the most preferred scenario, as 62% of the people who answered the survey chose a Medieval RP (either character or nations) as first or second option. The second place was again for MTRP Brigidna with 25%, the same as Space RP (although nobody chose Space RP as first option).
  • If we ignore silly Flo, another person voted for Medieval RP (character) as third option. MTRP Europe obtained two votes, giving it the third scenario overall. The rest chose scenarios which didn't receive votes as first or second scenarios.

In summary, Medieval RP (character) was the winner scenario, and at least 5 of 8 people were interested in some kind of Medieval RP. If the rest are willing to go on board with this option, that would be great (and easier). However, it is also true that some kind of MTRP received a fair support. I suppose trying a small MTRP at the same time is not impossible, but it would depend on you.

If we are going to Medieval RP (character), then we should decide if it is going to be: a) Historical Medieval RP; b) Medieval Sioran RP; or c) Fictional Medieval RP. I think that the third option (a new fictional medieval world) gives more freedom to RP, but that would depend on you.

After some feedback, I'll try to bring some ideas for the RP later in the week.
I voted for medieval twice cause I really wanted it, what can I say, lol.

I'm not partial to any of the three options. I agree that fictional would be easiest but Siora would more or less be fictional as well.

Real life would allow us to do more... idk researched stuff? but at the same time it might be fun to have totally open ended fictional place.

For setting, would we just select a region or instead just go with a single kingdom, or something like that? We have lots of options.
(04-11-2018, 04:55 PM)Flo Wrote: For setting, would we just select a region or instead just go with a single kingdom, or something like that? We have lots of options.

I thought about a mini-scenario with 2-3 city-states, but it depends what everyone wants to do.
For those interested in this RP, please fill the following template for your main character:

Code:
[table][tr][td]Character name:[/td][td]Name[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Age & gender:[/td][td]Age, gender[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Role:[/td][td]Noble / Freeman / Clergy / Soldier / Barbarian / Other[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]+ Info:[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Picture (optional)[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Not necessary the information to be definitive, but it may help to see what kind of RP scenario would suit better.
Building on Hadash's suggestion of going with a few city states, maybe a good ''theatre'' would be the Crusader Kingdoms in and around the 12th century (Kingdom of Jerusalem, County of Tripoli, County of Edessa and Principality of Antioch). Why? Well because the background is as Medieval as it gets, plenty of potential for conflict, room for a lot of different type characters etc. But Im also fine with an Italian setting, or even Lands of Rus' if we wanna go hardcore mode. Im up for everything.

Communism.
crusader states sounds very interesting actually
Just to pop in, Andlosheim is a totally open-ended fictional place. Just sayin’. We could certainly use more people making up things about the world and, we’ll, role playing. Big Grin

I might have more to say later.
Are we starting on making characters, or are we still determining a setting?
WHAT ARE WE DOING AND HOW CAN I BREAK IT?
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.