Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On balancing and reviving activity
To be completely honest, I haven't been too crazy about the whole MTRP thing either, not in the traditional sense. I've been mostly using the game world as a backdrop for various little vignettes that I've had a fancy for. Sometimes I string them along into a half-coherent series related to some event, like I did with the Vienland war, or galeae after the war, or what I did with tambossa, etc.

Truth is, I don't really care all that much for map painting and stuff like that. I just want to write about things that interest me and I find places where I can do that within the game world. That's how I've been keeping interested in things, myself.

I'm cool with more fantasy stuff though. I'd be more than happy to run something like that sometime.
Hmm.... I'd really be down with a Sci-Fi nation RP, I do love Sci-Fi so much, it'd have to have some rules but I'd love that.
Is He Active Now? Only Time Will Tell...
Staff Support says I should reply, so here is my reply: I totally agree that the best way to to stimulate activity is to be active (someone said something like this, right? I don't remember. I read your posts as they were posted). I disagree that spawning a baddie superNPC would do more good than harm. One OP country is bad enough, two would reduce everyone to second-fiddles. But that's kind of beside the point.

Yes, y'all just should start doing more things, however light, and in whatever forum.

Expansions are a thing again, and so are less greedy interactions with NPCs. This RP doesn't even need to take place in the modern day--the Directorate is considering and liable to approve things set in historical periods. There's Andlosheim, a work-in-progress fantasy-land with magic governed by reasonable rules and open enough to accept a wide array of ideas. We also have a forum dedicated to general alternative role plays--you can RP literally anything* so long as people are interested, and some of us are interested in non-MT RP.

We have a forum dedicated to non-RP written works, a forum where you can share your video game exploits, a forum where you can open a discussion on whatever serious topic comes to mind, a forum where you can talk about anything that doesn't fit into the other ones, and even one solely to jokes and such.

The only thing holding us back is ourselves (and our RL situations, of course). Which, honestly, is the hardest obstacle to overcome. We don't have as much time as we used to, or as great an interest in the same things we used to, or even the simple will to do things as much as we did before, but if we want to keep playing together, we'll do it despite all that. We just need to do so.

While talking about it is a great place to start, now we actually need to do. Flipped Smile

And on that note, I suppose I should lead by example.

*SFW.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.