Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1586 SIFA World Cup Predictions Bonanza
[Image: o-WORLD-CUP-TROPHY-FOOTBALL-FIFA-facebook.jpg]
Hey everyone, so the 1586 SIFA World Cup is this next year and as a sort of fun minigame I've decided to open up march madness style predictions sheets for you all to fill out. If you're not familiar with this, you're probably not from the US, but I will explain regardless. More or less, you get points for predicting match results correctly. The deeper into the tournament your prediction is, the more points you get. So predicting a group stage match right gives you 0.5 points, but predicting the final gets you 8 points!

I've made a spreadsheet for you all to use. The link is at the bottom of this page.

PLEASE do not copy over the sheet. I believe I've made it view only, but I'm warning just in case lol. What you need to do is copy the sheet to a new google sheet, or paste it in excel, I don't care. The formulas may not properly transfer, but whatevs it's not super complicated. Anyway, copy the sheet, make your predictions, then give the sheet back to me. I will make tabs for each persons predictions and keep a running total of points as the event progresses.

Also, yes, these are the groups for the World Cup. You're getting them a bit earlier than usual so theres plenty of time for predictions to come in o/ Also, another note... Blac and I won't be picking because... yeah... we know who wins. A final note, all picks will be private until I close the submissions, unless you post them somewhere everyone can see them.

So what do you get???

The winner (the one with the most points) gets the singular right to adjust any team(s) by a total of 5 cumulative skill points. That means you could raise or lower one team by five points, or you could raise one team 3, lower another 2, etc.

The second place winner (second most points) gets the opportunity to do the same except with 2 points, so not as significant.

If someone manages to predict the entire world cup, they get 10 points to play with. Good luck with that one though o/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Participants:

Hadash

We presently have our first submissions from the legendary Hadash! You still have a fair amount of time to predict, if you don't want the Spaniard to win by default.

I'll probably close predictions on September 1 and start posting the WC then, so hurry hurry o7

Also, when you go into the predictions sheet, just as for permission and add a new tab next to Hadash's tab. I'll grant permission relatively quickly as I get a notification on my phone when someone asks for permission, as it turns out.
we now have two sets of predictions, so at least there wont be a winner by default haha.

Try to get them in very soon, if you plan to
Nah, Hadash is still going to win. I made some pretty wild predictions. Smile
I can't figure out how to make the sheet.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

go onto the sheet and request the ability to edit.
I changed the settings so you should be able to just go on there and edit. Just copy the first page (the whole page), and then make a new tab with your name, and paste the page, then fill in.

If you have questions let me know
All finished up scoring the predictions. You can check the form itself to see how you did on specific picks, but the standings are below.

Hadash 31.5
Seperallis 26
Brum Brum 24.5
Nents 21
DC - Anakinexi 20
Arkiania 15.5

Hadash has won \o/ congratulations! I will post what he will do with his 5 points when he lets me know Smile