Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(New) Galasian Civil War
The Galasian Civil War started in late 1579 and still going on. You can find the IC thread here. Although maybe not many people is interested in this RP, this thread is to serve to answer (and discuss) this conflict.

I wrote this wiki page about it, which I believe would reply any doubt about the conflict: http://wiki.eternityrpc.com/wiki/Galasian_Civil_War

As I know you love maps, for some reasons, I give you one of course:

[Image: newgalasia0.jpg]

(no, it is not a time to praise my artistic abilities, my friends)

The map is supposed to be the present situation, but it may change soon. A brief explanation of the factions represented:
  • RED | The Alsace government, ruled by the Council of National Unity which is formed by military leaders who were behind the 1580 coup d'etat which deposed the former monarchist government (that is not what they claim, of course, but it is to you to believe them or not). As you can see, they control Drazen (the western region) but barely any areas in Eastmarch (the eastern region). It is important to say, however, that they control most of the Air Force and the Navy.
  • Soft red | They are mostly allies of the Alsace government, but the territory is not directly controlled by government forces. It is limited to a few areas nearby the western Angirisian border, but it may expand in the future.
  • BLUE | These are local monarchist forces which not accepted the Alvan 1580 coup d'etat. They are not to be understood as an united force, and they would be more dependant to foreign support than other factions. Officially, their aim is to reestablish the monarchist constitutional order, although most of the royal family have been either killed, disappeared, or arrested. Their leader is the former governor of Eastmarch, and they may setting a government-in-exile soon, if anyone is interested.
  • Soft Orange | Areas controlled by minority militias, such as the Arberians or Messanic armed groups. They are likely to have more pragmatist aims than other forces in the conflict. Both "soft orange" and "soft red" are to be underestood as disputed areas.
  • YELLOW | Separatists, which proclaimed the Rojadavi Republic. They aim is the independence, and their are formed by a coalition of ethnic nationalist and (more or less) Akhadic religious conservatives. The "soft yellow" colour means disputed areas but which large presence of separatist forces.
  • GREEN | The last group are radical Akhadist armed groups. They aim to establish a theocratic state in Eastern Galasia. They are not to be understood as an unified, both militarily and ideologically, force. Some of them are more radical ideologically and formed by foreign fighters, while others are more tribal based.

This RP is open, and if anyone decides to intervene or be involved in the conflict, it will have an influence in the outcome. If nobody intervenes, it will simply continue its course, soon or later.
Zargistan will most likely support the Rojadavi Republic, unless the Alsace government can offer a better alternative.
The Angirisian Empire is not going to be able to ignore this for long, considering this is right on our southern border. I can imagine a major refugee crisis emanating from this, flooding Aranoch, Ohiae and Virginium by the droves. But I don't know what faction Angiris would support.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

Arkiania would support the monarchists, but considering their position and the fact that its literally on the border of Angiris, it would do nothing.
I will fully support the communists
What level of interaction was between the former monarchy and Mestra? I know we had at one point held a state visit (though it was short lived), and it would have been likely that the Imperial family would have supported the monarchy in New Galasia. I would still support such measures of course, with the Imperium potentially aiding the monarchy forces. I do notice you said some of the royal family has gone missing or something like that. I would be very willing to host members of the royal family in Mestra. Could RP their attempts to get Imperial support.
How could anyone support the monarchists with the area they are in, I dont think either Angiris, Ustyara, or other forces would let military planes through the get there.
(12-29-2016, 06:21 PM)Soyabarian Empire Wrote: I will fully support the communists

As who? Because quite frankly you are in no position to do much of anything.

(12-30-2016, 02:06 AM)Arkiania Wrote: How could anyone support the monarchists with the area they are in, I dont think either Angiris, Ustyara, or other forces would let military planes through the get there.

Ustyara is rather... moribund and disorganized... so I don't think you've got much to worry about.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

(12-30-2016, 02:06 AM)Arkiania Wrote: How could anyone support the monarchists with the area they are in, I dont think either Angiris, Ustyara, or other forces would let military planes through the get there.

There are other ways of supporting them without the need for military intervention. It may be possible for supply planes to pass through, especially through Angiris. It would be up to Anakinexi if he would allow say Mestran humanitarian aid through. Again it would be up to him to allow any Mestran war planes. Although any intervention by the Imperium to support a side would be coordinated with their northern ally, even if Angiris chooses to not get involved.

In all reality I would likely defer Mestran intervention to what Angiris is doing, with likely aid being sent to support Angiris' operations. Although I am more than willing to harbor the remaining Galasian royalty and nobility within the Imperium itself.
Of course A'sir is aiding the Rojadavi Republic/Akhadic separatists. I mean, that goes without saying. Flipped Smile

Bt you asked about Kohout; officially he'll keep following the precedent set by Morgen which was...honestly, I don't even know Morgen's position. Ideally, he'd like to cripple the Alsace imposters, but Nyland will defer to the locals in determining how to proceed, which basically means following Angiris' lead and offering what support is asked of us.