Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akitian Civil War
Whelp, I'm tired of RP'ing a fascist dictatorship and refuse to do a retcon so here we are. The only way other than a retcon that I can think of in terms of restoring democracy is a civil war, since the fascists have thoroughly embedded themselves in the country.

The civil war will probably start around mid-to-late 1581.

There'd be three main factions in this civil war - two major and one minor.

The two major factions are who you'd expect - Restorationists and Fascists.

Restorationists would want to go back to Akitsu as it was before the coup. Simple enough.

Fascists would want to keep the fascist dictatorship, also simple enough.

Military loyalties would probably be sharply divided here. The fascists would have an edge in terms of ground forces and land controlled, since they'd control the largest island. But the Restorationists would probably have the support of a large part of the navy. The fascists would also have the advantage of biological weapons, and unlike the fascists of Kolhar these people won't shy away from using WMD's.... so yeah.

The last faction, which at least at the start of the war would be minor, would be the Workers' Party of Akitsu. These are communists, of the Stalinist/Maoist variety. At first they'd be minor, probably securing control over a fair amount of land but nothing too major (probably mostly in the northern, less developed regions of Akitsu). Without foreign support, these people would quickly be driven underground. Basically, as soon as word spreads of the first insurrections in the southern part of the countries, these people would spring into action, taking control of wherever they can. They wouldn't get much, but they'd have a place they can start from.

Here's what the map of control would look like at the outbreak of the civil war:

imgur link - for those of you who prefer a smaller image.
Show ContentWARNING: HUGE IMAGE:

Key:
██ - Solid control by Workers' Party, a few places (mainly major cities) would still be under the control of the fascists, but without reinforcements they'd fall to the Workers' Party after about a month or two. That said, the Workers' Party won't be able to maintain control of these areas without serious foreign support.
██ - Major fighting between fascists and Workers' Party.
██ - Solid fascist control. This includes most of the most populous regions of Akitsu, as well as the economic center of Akitsu.
██ - Major fighting between restorationists and fascists.
██ - Solid restorationist control.

So, this is going to probably be a long, drawn out war. Would any foreign powers get involved?
Despite differences, Severyane might provide low-key financial support to the Restorationists. It prefers them to the Fascists, and with the ideological shift in Severyane we've taken a much more "pro-democracy" when possible stance. I don't envision a scenario when Severyane would go boots on the ground in your nation at all, but aside from aiding the Restorationists financially it might offer humanitarian aid to both the Restorationists and the Workers' Party.

That being said I've meant to release a strongly worded statement from my government opposing the military mobilization of the Fasccist government... I'll do that soon.
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
okay so Smile 2 ways of soyabar messing around alongside is like I see it,
  • You said the restorationists and the common communist in a pm that they wouldn't accept help from soyabar, but perhaps they would from New Zealmark now that it is independant but as ofcourse mentioned in the ooc topic for the soyabarian commonwealth is that it is just a farce to keep new zealmark under soyabarian control. But officially New Zealmark is fully independant
  • secondly, if the above doesn't work for you I could fully support the minor faction with the soyabarian commonwealth so hard they'd become a major faction. But Soyabar ofcourse would not get on stage in public, I would just give money,goods, guns, etc to the minor faction and maybe even go so far to send mercenaries or soyabarian soldiers acting like mercs

let me know what works best for you
Pretty sure mercenaries are unlawful combatants under international law.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
o really?
(12-27-2016, 03:54 PM)Soyabarian Empire Wrote: okay so Smile 2 ways of soyabar messing around alongside is like I see it,
  • You said the restorationists and the common communist in a pm that they wouldn't accept help from soyabar, but perhaps they would from New Zealmark now that it is independant but as ofcourse mentioned in the ooc topic for the soyabarian commonwealth is that it is just a farce to keep new zealmark under soyabarian control. But officially New Zealmark is fully independant
  • secondly, if the above doesn't work for you I could fully support the minor faction with the soyabarian commonwealth so hard they'd become a major faction. But Soyabar ofcourse would not get on stage in public, I would just give money,goods, guns, etc to the minor faction and maybe even go so far to send mercenaries or soyabarian soldiers acting like mercs

let me know what works best for you

Restorationists (and the Communist Party of Akitsu that would probably join them) probably wouldn't accept support from New Zealmark either........ the country just got out of a few wars and I would imagine is still in the recovery phase. Them offering support would raise some eyebrows. So the second one works better. Though your support for them is unlikely to remain a secret forever.

(12-27-2016, 04:12 PM)Ayzek Wrote: Pretty sure mercenaries are unlawful combatants under international law.

True, but that hasn't stopped "volunteer forces" (such as the Chinese People's Volunteer Army in the Korean War, or the Eagle Squadrons and Flying Tigers in WW2), or more recently and relevantly PMC's
(12-27-2016, 10:21 PM)Zabuza825 Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 04:12 PM)Ayzek Wrote: Pretty sure mercenaries are unlawful combatants under international law.

True, but that hasn't stopped "volunteer forces" (such as the Chinese People's Volunteer Army in the Korean War, or the Eagle Squadrons and Flying Tigers in WW2), or more recently and relevantly PMC's
I was primarily teasing Soya/encouraging him to use alternative means. But, yes. I'm not surprised that the guy with a zillion-man army got away with calling its military volunteers as an excuse to not officially enter a war it was involved in. Or that real volunteers got away with volunteering before merecenaries were...called not cool by international law. Though, I don't think real volunteers are violating international law if they're signing up for a combatant's military.

PMCs are recognized as mercs by the UN and are consequently unlawful combatants. The US says "naahhh" for the first bit, but does recognize them as unlawful combatants (in situations...).

But, more relevant: soya shouldn't send "mercenaries". He should send volunteers. Though even then, considering the commies aren't a sovereign state and consequently have no military for his nationals to join, he's probably still violating international law.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
(12-28-2016, 03:59 AM)Ayzek Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 10:21 PM)Zabuza825 Wrote:

I was primarily teasing Soya/encouraging him to use alternative means. But, yes. I'm not surprised that the guy with a zillion-man army got away with calling its military volunteers as an excuse to not officially enter a war it was involved in. Or that real volunteers got away with volunteering before merecenaries were...called not cool by international law. Though, I don't think real volunteers are violating international law if they're signing up for a combatant's military.

PMCs are recognized as mercs by the UN and are consequently unlawful combatants. The US says "naahhh" for the first bit, but does recognize them as unlawful combatants (in situations...).

But, more relevant: soya shouldn't send "mercenaries". He should send volunteers. Though even then, considering the commies aren't a sovereign state and consequently have no military for his nationals to join, he's probably still violating international law.

I'm merely pointing out that international law hasn't stopped countries from violating international law. Unless the world is willing to collectively shit on Soya for doing this, there's not much any one individual country can do.
I would shit on soya for this, actually. I don't know how yet, but his "o really" offended me and my beliefs. Maybe sanctions. #Trololololololol
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
Kay so some notes on my end:

Kazemura is supporting the restorationists with monies and guns.
Kazemura would rather not provide manpower/literally intervene in the war and quite frankly we should not all be sending our military power into the country directly.
If anyone sends an actual military force, Kazemura will enter the civil war with its military force in support of the Restorationists.