Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Station 13
A while back a pal of mine I play Star Citizen (pretty cool game, btw) with convinced me to download the BYOND launcher and play a game called "Space Station 13" with him. I wasn't really too excited by the prospect of playing this "pixel art space station simulator" as he described it to me. Everything changed when the fire nation attacked during the first few hours of game play. I was tasked with being the station's Chief Medical Officer, and as luck would have it, I had a decently sized staff under my command: two nurses, a chemist, a virologist, and myself. At first, it was rather slow. I sat at my desk sipping Space Coffee and petting my cat. About twenty minutes into the round, my first patient came in. His arm had been mangled when a clown shut an airlock on it. My nurses and I would need to rush if we were to save the arm. We wheeled him into the operating theater, the chemist hot on our tails with anesthetic. Once he was strapped in I began correcting the damage done. It was, to my surprise, challenging. The medical system was so in-depth that I could, if I had wanted to, remove every single one of his internal organs right down to each eye or the appendix. Throughout the rest of the round I had removed bullets from a fallen security officer, cloned the Captain who had accidentally spaced himself, and even replaced someone's legs with robotic prosthetic.

Now that I've regaled you with the experience of my first time playing, I would like to gauge interest in this. Not only would we be able to play this game as a group (and quite likely do very well at keeping a station running!) but this game also allows us a wonderful RP environment. There are several servers up for RP, but if we get enough people onboard I'd be willing to host one for us to use when we all play.

Here's the download link to the BYOND launcher (which is all you need to play!): http://www.byond.com/download/
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
Right now my main rig is on the backburner due to a faulty PSU that is as of right now very untrustworthy (imagine the Hadash of PSUs) due to old age.....so Ill be interested provided this laptop can handle it lol.

EDIT: If we do this I vote Hahk is Chief Security Officer
Jesus Christ, BYOND is something that I haven't seen anyone mention in a loooooooooooooooooooong time. I think the last time I heard of it I was in middle school. Brings back memories.
I might be interested in this. Sounds fun actually. Dont make me the doctor though... because this.

" I could, if I had wanted to, remove every single one of his internal organs right down to each eye or the appendix."

Is faaaar too tempting. What if I just removed everyones eyes and turned the station into some sick game show where you all try to survive without eyes, legs, hands, etc. Winner gets all their parts back (mostly)
Naaa FloBro for ship counselor
Shut UP Wesley.
I might be interested
Come on Oertha? You would be the perfect Picard......
I know I asked this, but then I had to leave and missed the instructions...

How do I get this?
See the top post Flo.