Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Curious Case of a Great War
I'd have to review some of my older notes as to where my nations would be at in the timeline should a Great War be introduced into history. There's certainly points for a global inflection point such as a world war that would change the very fabrics of society.

I'm still working on schoolwork so I can't contribute a lot to the discussion at the moment. But I certainly think the idea is worth exploring at the very least. That being said I don't know if an international forum would result from this war given the rather limited diplomacy most nations undertake nowadays. Even the great powers of our world aren't on the level of 20th century superpowers just yet; the nations of the world tend to stick to diplomacy closer to home, though a few nations making some overtures to protect their own personal interests abroad.

For a global forum to happen, we would need to see regional powers or great powers aiming to greater heights. Someone would have to emerge to seek a global order that would fall apart without them. Generally speaking, Lanlania may be the closest to this, but their reach/policies mainly are about preserving their own interests rather than global hegemony/the dominance of a singular ideology.* I only bring this up because a League of Nations could form post-Great War but either would be defunct by this point or be incredibly absent in world affairs.

*Note: Global hegemony could translate into power structures being established that their soft power holds greater weight than most other nations.

Messages In This Thread
The Curious Case of a Great War - by Lomarre - 04-19-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Flo - 04-19-2019, 11:56 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Lomarre - 04-19-2019, 11:59 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Flo - 04-20-2019, 01:31 AM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Alvino Castillon - 04-20-2019, 04:20 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Flo - 04-20-2019, 08:37 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by BrumBrum - 04-20-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Arkiania - 04-21-2019, 01:15 AM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Lomarre - 04-22-2019, 10:01 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by BrumBrum - 04-24-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Lomarre - 04-24-2019, 10:05 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Rommy - 04-24-2019, 10:39 PM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Adwest - 07-10-2019, 06:46 AM
RE: The Curious Case of a Great War - by Rommy - 07-10-2019, 07:09 AM