Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Warm Summer Stroll
From the look upon his face I know he understands what makes this place so special. The way the shrine nestles into the mountainside. The trees parting just so perfectly to reveal the blue expanse of the sea. The silence, broken only by the chirping of the birds from the distance and the crashing of the waves along the cliff side down below.

The Shrine of the Dragon’s Tooth always did have that wow factor that left even the most artistically disinclined awe-struck. Thankfully, the Mestran Emperor has an appreciative eye for beauty. As he takes in the sights and utters his compliments, I can’t help but smile to him. Before I can tease him however, Mirai heads over to the shrine’s outer steps and beckons me to follow to begin the ceremony.

I’m embarrassed to admit, this is both my favorite and least favorite part of this day. The ritual requires prayers to start which is easy enough. But the Harvest Prayers also require a ceremonial dance to appease not only Muze but the Fates as well. This is best done with two members of the Imperial Family and... well, you can guess.

I love to dance. I love to sing. I HATE doing both in front of others, ESPECIALLY foreign Emperors who may be silently watching my rather clumsy movements. And while my sister claims that no, I’m not clumsy and I move with such grace and splendor that it rivals Mother, I strongly disagree. I move about as gracefully as a whale in tea shop.

Regardless, I oblige my sister’s rather outlandish request and perform the ceremonial dance, song and prayer and all. Oh and yes, beautiful religious attire transformations as well; can’t forget about the ceremonial garbs.

So we dance. And we sing. And we feel the Fates course through our souls, tying us to all the people of Heiwana, even the world. And we pray. We pray forgiveness for our clumsy start to the new reign. We pray for blessing upon the upcoming harvest for not just the people of Kazemura but for all people of Heiwana and even the world. We pray for no child to go unfed, to ensure that the Fates flow through them all back to Muze’s warm embrace.

And I have to say... even though I don’t believe in all the old ways, even though I disdain some of the traditions... when I dance in ceremonies like this, I truly feel oneness within and without my soul. Yes, even if I can’t dance for shit, I still feel the energy vibrate all around me. I still feel connected by the threads of Fate with all living things in the world. And yes, I feel as though these prayers have a ripple effect throughout the Fates that will ensure a wonderful harvest for all.

Eventually, the ritual ends and we say our final prayers. Mirai then takes some time to roam the Shrine with Hiraku. Meanwhile, I take time to photograph many of its nooks and crannies, finding perfect moments to capture its everlasting beauty while Edward continues to work on what will hopefully be his next masterpiece. Some time later, I return to the Shrine’s outer steps and meet up with Hiraku and Mirai. We then swiftly make our way over to Edward and his finished piece. As we approach the piece, I slowly come to a halt as I take it in full. Front and center, taking pictures of the cliff side, is me. I can’t help but drink in every minute detail he painted of me.

I can’t help it. I’m sincerely touched that I can be one of his inspirations for such a beautiful work and impressed at the painstaking detail he put into it. But...

“I know it’s supposed to be me, but she’s far too beautiful. Definitely an A for effort though.” My mouth splits into a cheeky grin as both Hiraku and Mirai look at me, thoroughly amused by my antics. I turn to Edward and add, “That being said, I’m honored that you’d paint me like this.”

Messages In This Thread
A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-08-2017, 02:54 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-08-2017, 04:15 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-11-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 06:46 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 07:38 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-15-2017, 02:00 AM