Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Masked Ball - Not a "historical" RP
(10-03-2018, 11:15 AM)Nentsia Wrote: *snip*

Oh yeah, I’ve seen Secret Hitler played (never did myself), and actually had an idea where take that entire game and plop it into a politics rp mini-game, because I’m very creative and original. One project at a time though, maybe. Flipped Smile

Or maybe we can have that too. \o/

Anyway, I like the ideas and scenarios, and I wouldn’t mind doing this several times with different settings and people. In this case, I want to keep things pretty simple though, and even if not everyone is a killer, I like the simple idea of everyone participating in this “game” to figure out who the other ball-goers are. Of course, we could always do this Doctor Lucky style, where everyone simply has a secret silly reason to want to kill our poor unfortunate king, and the first person to do so “wins.”

Essentially it’s a game of deduction.

Here’s how I envisioned running the rp:
  • Players will create a secret bio for their character, including secret real name and party-going alias, basic likes and dislikes, basic personality, and their chosen disguise. Any killers invent a motivation to kill the king.
  • except for any killers, players can’t outright lie bout themselves; that would be very unsporting of you honest high-society types, after all.
  • Each room the party moves through will be a “phase” (or chapter). Players interact in these phases.
  • I will play npcs, who will, being high-society types, spread gossip and rumors about the player guests. These rumors will be your hints, and all rumors will be at least based in truth even though some will be more reliable than others. As the night progresses, rumors will become more prolific and less reliable, presumably because of the wine. FYI, these rumors only include info gleaned from my box gossip, not amything gleaned from your conversations. Wink
  • The first post will have the list of aliases, and a guestbook of the characters’ real names. All rumors throughout the night will be posted beneath their relevant persona; additionally, at the start of each phase/room, I will recap all rumors and gossip from the previous phase/room.
  • The RP ends with the death of the king, or the completion of the last phase (which ends the ball).
  • The “winner” is the one to correctly guess the king first. The king is a “winner” if he/she survives the night. Another “winner” is the one to correctly guess the most secret identities. The only real “losers” might be the king (for dying) or the killer (for killing the wrong person).

That’s it, pretty simple on your parts, I think: talk, interact, and explore until you know who the king is! Maybe try not to get too drunk?

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Masked Ball - a “historical” RP - by Seperallis - 10-03-2018, 03:51 PM