Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Warm Summer Stroll
Mami Sekai

So after screaming for a solid few minutes I started to flip through my dossier to see when the Hell his name came up. I'm admittedly still ready to scream, this time without the pillow. In fact, the only things holding me back are concerns that they'll hear me down the hallway and that I'll shatter my throat in the process. So instead, I'll take my frustration out on the dossier, which just so conveniently does not list the fucking Emperor as our guest!

"That. Bitch." I slam the dossier close and take a deep breath. She thinks this is funny!? What the Hell kind of game is she playing? I was speaking to the Emperor of the Mestran Imperium this whole time in such an informal fashion, and I didn't recognize until he said his first name. I made a mockery of myself and this damn dossier wouldn't have helped anyways! I stand and take another deep breath. Grabbing my phone, I begin to text Mirai for a straight answer, when I get a text from her.

"Make nice. Yell at me later. He's actually pretty nice... ^_^"

I click my tongue and mutter, typing a reply back. If she thinks she's gonna pull this crap, she has another thing coming. I don't care if she's the Empress or even Muze herself; no one blindsides me like that! I know what she's trying to do and I will not let this happen.

"I know what you're doing. Stop it."

Before I send it though, two voices at the back of my head stops me, sending a chill up my spine. The first is that obnoxious voice that reminds me about my duty as a Princess of Kazemura. The expansion of the royal family, the marriages to nobility, all that shit... the same voice I try to break away from just won't leave me alone! The one that always get told by everyone. The media, the National Council, my own damn family. I have to marry nobility or royalty to preserve the family line and the Imperial name and all that other stupid stuff.

But that's not the chilling factor today. No, it's the second voice, the one that calls out to my passions. The desire to travel the world, to document it all in photographs, is calling to me to take a moment to think about this. This is a person who appreciates that work. Clearly he has an eye for it, right? And he seemed genuinely interested in seeing the full panorama that I put up. This is someone who might actually be supportive of my work.

I can't ignore my duty. But I refuse to ignore what inspires me as well. If those two things could be reconciled... then, maybe. And even if not, making friends with foreign leaders is part of my job. Fine then Mami. I'll give this a go. With my mind made up- at least, for now- I delete the text I was about to send and send one word.

"Fine," I repeat aloud, sending it to her. I grab my equipment and make my way down the hall, shifting my tone and expressions to give off a more positive impression. Smiling, I make my way down the stairs and towards the main hallway, where Mirai, Hiraku, and the damned Emperor of the Mestran Imperium were waiting for me.

"Sorry for the wait. Shall we depart?" I ask them. Mirai nods and we start to step through the front doors, me with my camera equipment and Edward with a rather large wooden box. I look at him and give him a questioning look. He looks at me and explains.

"While you enjoy taking photographs, I enjoy painting. I hope I might be permitted to paint some of the scenery while we are at the shrine." Oh. Shit. Well, this just got quite a bit more interesting.

"It's no problem at all," Mirai answers, giving him a smile. "Mami-san and I enjoy paintings, so all we ask is that when you do finish it we get to see it!" She flashes a grin and I nod in agreement, still wondering why she was pushing full throttle on all of this. What is she planning exactly?

"Yeah," I respond, giving a small smile. "I must admit I'm not good at painting; honestly that's why I took up photography instead. Oh, but I definitely enjoy other people's work!"

Messages In This Thread
A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-08-2017, 02:54 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-08-2017, 04:15 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-11-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 06:46 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 07:38 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-15-2017, 02:00 AM