Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Warm Summer Stroll
Time: 9:00 AM

"Your Majesty, wake up!" I blink a few times as someone shakes me awake. I spin around in my chair and stare at the guard who pushed me towards bed earlier. She's wearing an annoyed look on her face. I scowl, then wince as pain starts running through me. Ugh. My neck feels stiff. Crud, the entirety of my back feels stiff... shit, did I fall asleep at the computer again!?

"What time is it?" I mutter, trying to crack my neck a bit. Unladylike but I don't really care right now about appearances.

"9:00 AM," The guard responds, looking irritably at me as I crack my neck. "Our guest is in bound already. You have to prepare yourself!" I wave her back with my eyes closed and crack my back, letting out a groan in the process. Of all the times to have fallen asleep at the computer, it of course had to be a day when we had foreign visitors! Oh whatever, my sister will take care of them and I'll be down late with some excuse. I open my eyes and sigh, placing my hands to my hips.

"Her Imperial Grace does not really require my presence to entertain our guests for she is the embodiment of our... great... nation?" Annoyance turns to confusion as the guard looks away uncomfortably. Confusion gives way to realization as it dawns on me that my sister may be busy with something else.

Realization turns to disgust as I realize what she is most likely busy with.

"Her... Imperial Grace... asked to uh, not be disturbed... as she is... currently in a very important... meeting." I can see the mortification spread across her face as it grows redder. I respond with a few twitches, praying to Muze that her divinity will cleanse my mind of such impurities. Seriously, ew. I never wanted to imagine that.

"And who else knows about this... meeting?" I hiss, my eyes narrowing. She looks at me and gulps.

"Just, us Your Majesty-"

"Keep it that way," I interrupt, shuddering at the thoughts. "And never ever bring this up again. Ever." She nods and I groan. "So I need to entertain the guest then?"

"It appears so. I apologize Your Maje-"

"Save it and get out," I command as I walk straight to the dresser to get my clothes for the day. "I'll be ready by the time they get here. Just, do not let anyone else into the damn house!"

It's honestly a good thing I've gotten good at getting up and getting ready so quickly because otherwise I would not have been ready in time. It also is good this isn't an official state visit as I really didn't want to get all formal and shit, especially with this weather.

I make my way down the stairs, checking my watch. 9:31. As if on cue, I hear the car pull up to the house. I swing around at the bottom of the stairs and head into the kitchen to grab the tea to greet our guest. As I grab the tea with the serving dishes, I hear the doors slide open as one our guest is ushered into the home. I hear some chatter and some steps being taken, likely into the waiting room with the fireplace. I take a deep breath and slowly make my way to the waiting room to meet our guest, not sure what to expect.

As I slowly approach the room, I notice as a fairly tall man, approximately my age, seems to be reviewing something near the mantle of the fireplace. I look a bit closer and realize that it just so happens to be one of the pictures I took of the ocean earlier this summer. It was a smaller version of the panorama I had installed as part of an exhibit in downtown Tokasa about a month ago. I can't help but sigh whimsically as I think of that exhibition... unfortunately my sister couldn't go. Security concerns. Go figure. Still, something to talk about I suppose with this person.

"I see you've taken a liking to the picture on the mantle," I say with a smile, more or less announcing my presence. I place the tea set down on the table in the center of the room and clasp my arms in front of me. "It's actually a part of a larger panorama set that is on display in Tokasa presently. I assure you it's far more magnificent than this, but I still enjoy that section you see here as much as the rest of it."

Messages In This Thread
A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-08-2017, 02:54 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-08-2017, 04:15 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-11-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 05:25 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 06:46 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 06:56 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-13-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Mestra - 11-13-2017, 07:38 AM
RE: A Warm Summer Stroll - by Alvino Castillon - 11-15-2017, 02:00 AM