Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q&A Strathae
Our culture is very important to Strathae as you know. How will you ensure that the culture isn't invaded via globalisation? Gavin Mag Raith

Blair Gobnet McLucais:I think we have the most beautiful culture on Siora and indeed our rich clan cultures have created that unique Strathaen way of life. I don't know of another nation with over 104 different cultures each unique to their group that works so well in harmony to create a core set of values. We need first and foremost to keep clans as powerful as possible. No matter how big the non-clan population the clan population must dominate. I will try to keep the clan and strathaen population above 90% and possibly even 95%. This I believe to be important for all the nation as a nation that loses its identity loses its soul. I will protect our diversity by devolving more power to clan councils but most importantly I will set out protections for national values of gay rights, gender equality and trans rights making these compulsorary and banning anyone speaking out against these while living in Strathae from the country forever. I will also focus on finding ways to reduce the Akhadist population to zero, the ideal number of Akhadists , I think its time we accepted that Akhadism is the new laurentian.

Éimhear Dearbháil Scott:Honestly I am as passionate about our culture as you sir. But to defend a culture does not take law, it does not take authoritarianism. It takes teaching Strathaen Values in schools, it takes encouraging communities to integrate with our environmental values and social equality for all. It takes promoting the values through adverts in media and takes actually allowing reasoned debate, free speech while also condemning those who decide to bring intolerance. Now we could either do this or we could legislate , we could fight all Akhadists for the views of the minority , we could fight all minorities instead of fitting their culture into the matrix of many clan cultures that exists. Yes celebrate our clan cultures but also allow immigrants to add their cultural elements. We'll be all the richer for it and who knows maybe new traditions equally Strathaen will be born.

Sadhbh Aisling Seòras:I very much believe its a time we may have to accept change. This doesn't mean we scrap clan culture but maybe we ought to be more tolerant of foreign cultures and even potentially celebrating diversity a little more. After all we have 104+ cultures already. Whats the harm in more as long as they fit our values. However we must do this on case by case basis teaching Strathaen values, discouraging foreign langauges in the community and ultimately not allowing homophobia and sexism to take root. We must still stop the spread of cultures that promote homophobia, sexism, allow for abuse of the environment and spread violent extremism by law. In short people like extremist Akhadists or the most bigoted Sentrecists must continue to be deported.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!

Messages In This Thread
Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-12-2016, 02:34 AM
RE: Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-12-2016, 02:37 AM
RE: Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-13-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-13-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-14-2016, 12:06 AM
RE: Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-14-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: Q&A Strathae - by BrumBrum - 11-14-2016, 01:02 AM