Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE GREATEST DEP-RESSION.
Quote:I'll let Oer share the rest of whatever he was thinking of. I don't want to give away juicy secrets, but I can elaborate on whatever he's fine with divulging.
I wasn’t fine with divulging anything, actually, because the last 2-4 years have seen an explosive growth of pre-planning and meta writing. So fuck, the most info anyone gets on this is that it won’t doom all humanity.

Anyway, let’s do all three at once.

No, I’m not being facetious. You see I’m not some green behind the ear first-time writer who’s not role played before - literally no one here is, and if I was you bet your butt I’d be interested in this kind of crisis upon which to cut my chops.

Frankly the “uwu rp is too hard, your suggestions are too hard uwuwu” isn’t just bupkis by the “concession” to do the most intensive and damaging of the debates options (aka the super volcano), it’s frankly quite an insult to the ability of literally everyone here. Some people prefer some scenarios over others, and that’s fiiine, and there’s nothing saying that we can’t do literally all of them either at once or at different points in time.

But let’s not pretend one choice or another is to protect our precious sensibilities from being too overwhelmed by a mild amount of creativity. Let’s not pretend we need wade in the kiddie pool for our own safety just because a couple of us haven’t swam in the ocean for the last couple years.

ffs
Don't think it was a supervolcanic eruption that people were thinking. In a supervolcano eruption at full economic depression would be the least of your problems. But I do think Krakatoa and an economic problem relating to harvest failures shooting up food prices could be good. The result of that could be revolutions , governments collapsing, extremists getting elected etc. Maybe a rise in nationalism and communism possibly even Nazism. Ethnic tensions could rise and class warfare could be a problem. There is alot one could do.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
I’d suggest that we start a worldwide recession, allowing the pandemic to go more unnoticed seeing as we’d all be a bit distracted. I am tired of us all saying “we’ll do it later” when it comes to an economic downturn system.
I'll just say the pandemic thing is stupid. I'm alright with the recession, but every single time something always comes to that leads to things I want to do being canceled and I am always the one who has to conform. It happens to me way too often and on that regard I am at the point that if the pandemic thing happens. I will be done with RPing here.
Literally no one is saying we’ll do it later. We’re doing it now. All options will cause the requisite dep-cession. Just so people know.

I forgot to mention above, we’ll be throwing random events at the world from here onward. Whether it’s a major hurricane here, a major earthquake there or something much less generic, we’ll start throwing a couple mostly random roadblocks at the world at active nations, or sometimes npcs in active regions. The purpose is to create more impetus for actions/reactions among nations; we generally assume such problems happen, but whether it’s a blindness or lack of time or whatever, such things never come up in either news or rp. Now it will.

This “change” will come starting some time in 1596
(11-20-2018, 04:00 PM)Arkiania Wrote: I'll just say the pandemic thing is stupid. I'm alright with the recession, but every single time something always comes to that leads to things I want to do being canceled and I am always the one who has to conform. It happens to me way too often and on that regard I am at the point that if the pandemic thing happens. I will be done with RPing here.

Okay but why though?

No one said your RP had to be canceled. I presume you’re talking about the expansion? If so, just do it. Kazemura will be at total war around the time so I don’t get why it would stop you.

Just because there’s a pandemic doesn’t mean everyone dies or that everything stops. Businesses still function. People still go to work. Nations are still warring. Things still happen because the entire world isn’t dying to this pandemic and the entire nation’s millions of people are not likely to all be devoted to solving the pandemic.
I don't see the developed arguments/outlines for the financial crisis scenario nor the supervolcano scenario I'd requested. So PANDEMIC wins by default.

It'll start in 1596 and will kill people and disturb economies from everyone being bedridden or whatever the fuck. IDK, refer to Sep. SEPERALLIS AND SAL WILL LEAD YOU.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
Maybe investors started heavily overvaluing stocks and because of the overwhelming amount of expected profit of these companies. People stop buying things and things start crashing really bad.
I'm assuming populations will still grow although at a slower pace during a pandemic. The flu pandemic only really slowed growth. And our medicine has advanced quite a bit since the plague.Maybe we could establish where supervolcanos or big krakatoa level volcanoes lie for a future recession or world event.But the basic synopsis is this a big krakatoa type eruption blows , ash gets spread all around the world, temperature drops sharply causing a collapse in agricultural production sending food prices rocketing like 100-200% minimum temporarily as harvests fail. Over the years it returns to normal but the climate effects still last over 20 years.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
It would be interesting to see what possible locations exist for super volcanoes, given our terrain.