Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPNS
Mandavine Public News System
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
16 Nueva 1594
New Encrpyted Mobile and Chat developed
Today the company Mouse Communications Inc. announced their new Secrom phone and chat service brand for mobile phones and chat apps. The line is expected to eventually move into developing computers, tablets and its own OS design to optimise privacy for the user. Mouse inc over private connection said "I feel its time we said No to government tyranny and spying on our everyday lives and communication as we go digital. We need new solutions using new encryption technology to ensure you get privacy in this modern age, and we are committed to doing this at as low a cost as possible to the consumer."

The company announced the chat app would use end to end encryption with chats only being available on the devices messages are sent to and from. All data would be destroyed after use including IP adress that the communications come from and all devices would have no addresses linked to them with any phones ordered on the store not linked to an address after use with neither payment methods or any identifiable information kept. Account information and phone id information would be stored in a locked server with total enryption. Furthermore the company would not keep any record of passkeys for phones or break into to phones even at the request of security services .The company is committed to the idea of total privacy. The app and phone is expected to be popular among those who fear government overreach and expected to be available for $300. The phone is to encrypt and destroy all browsing data as well with the phone set to automatically use virtual private network routing to hide activity on the device. The company is expected to develop a private vpn. The company has announced it will develop further encryption and privacy technology at secret locations in order to reduce the risk of successful hacking and spying.The company has committed to never handing over users data in any circumstances.It is expected to add a pc and tablet line within two years.
[Image: jason_isaacs_e.jpg?w=892&h=598&crop=1]

Alice Eliott:Mr. Abbott, it has come to our attention that the leader of Together has dropped out the race and has agreed to a joint ticket with yourself, how exactly did this agreement come around? 

JA:We have an extremely right wing government in Harlton who has teamed up with the Far Right National Front. He has literally teamed up with Fascism and is helping their agenda. This is creating dangerous times and I discussed with Madame Féret. We felt what was most needed now is a show of unity among moderates and the centre. We need to do all we can to bring moderate politics back to the Mandavines. The far left and far rights progress needs to be stopped.

AE:Cecilia Feret's Together Party will effectively be given the keys to one of the most powerful government portfolios if you win the election. Considering the party is minor, do you think it is fair that Madam Feret will be granted the Vice President position? 

JA:I do the truth Is Together are not a minor party. They are a major third party with 2,411,228  votes. Republicans teamed up with the National Front who themselves only had 4 million and who knows maybe Together will do better this time as historically they have gotten over 5 million votes in the past.

AE:We shall see. The truth remains that the National Front did not receive the vice president position as part of its coalition with the Republicans. Some are claiming a less senior position might be more appropriate? Do you rule out a coalition with the Republicans if it came to it in order to prevent the National Front entering the coalition? 

JA:Well the times are different.If it perhaps is needed I would not rule out working with Republicans out but it would have very strict conditions and one red line is a universal healthcare type system like in most civilised countries worldwide. I think its a disgrace we think so lowly of the poor some republicans argue they should just die or go bankrupt if they get cancer for example. A societies values shows in how it treats its poor and hardworking and Republicans have been weighed, measured and found wanting.

AE:It has been claimed that regarding the conflict between the Eretzorans and the Belay people, you hold a certain bias. Your family is heavily involved in fundraising for Eretzoran causes, including for the Eretzoran armed forces, and members of your family have advocated on behalf of Eretzora here in the Mandavines, donating millions to pro-Eretzora organisations. How do you respond to the accusation that you'd be biased in favour of Eretzora?  

JA:I have yes been involved in advocating for Eretzora its true but I also support Belay rights. The truth is there have been crazy parties on both sides at times but we have had an opportunity since 1589 for work towards a lasting peace based on co-operation, regional union and deep trade links in order to make future wars economically unrealistic but has Harlton took the opportunity, no he hasn't. He and the Republicans are squandering this chance while moderates on both sides are in power. One of my big foreign policy agendas will be getting Belay, the Vostics and the Eretzorans into a union of some sort to secure lasting peace. I believe we need all sides to prosper to prevent future conflict which hurts all. I also believe we need better conditions in the Yarv for the Belay but the Eretzoran Alsterenists do have a place in the region. Is it ideal they were placed there in history? No it isn't, but we need to find a solution that works going forward and I would attempt this working with the Goldecian Prime Minister.

AE:Forgive me for saying so, but many will be sceptical regardless of your words. Your family has not only donated money to charities based in Eretzora dealing with humanitarian causes, but has directly funded military charities and also projects in the occupied Belay territories. Surely you must understand why others would find it hard to believe that someone who is so involved with one side could not possibly act as a honest broker of peace? 

JA:You can donate to causes in the Yarv but still support Belay rights. You can support charities for the military but still be critical of mistakes which I'm sure my sister will vouch I certainly have been. I have also put money into projects promoting peace and organising joint sports leagues between Belay and Alsterenists.It seems these activities were left off your list. Is it perhaps because I am Alsterenist that people are asking so much of these questions?

AE:Of course not Mr. Abbott, these questions - those regarding foreign policy - will by presented to the other candidates too. Other than the Eretzoran-Belay conflict, what are the other key areas you'd like to focus on in the world arena if you win? 

JA:I would like to focus on expanding the range of our free trade agreements. We need to get more countries on the tariff free Schedule 1. I aim to get and agreement with the KEC which I believe is a fantastic organisation. I would seek to work on developing a KEC like agreement within Skathia. We need to expand international trade co-operation and also co-operation on global issues like environmental protection and climate change. I also believe we should be a human rights leader. We need specifically to protect against the threats to human rights presented by nations like Carpathia and Adwest.

AE:Would I be correct in assuming you'd limit relations with such nations if you won then?

JA:Yes that is the case. I would make extensive use of Schedule 10 for such nations around the world if they decide human rights are not important to them. Its important to support social justice abroad as well as at home. I feel there is great opportunity to do this with our partnership with Together.

AE:It is fairly public that you support a single payer health care system. Tell us more about your ideal system?

JA: Well I'd assemble a panel of experts to decide on the best system but it would need to meet the following criteria:
1:Free at the point of use
2:Efficient for the tax payer
3:Combined buying power for drugs to reduce prices paid for drugs
4:Include cover for things like Abortion and womens needs within reason.

AE:I like my guns, Mr. Abbott. I go hunting every weekend with my husband, two children and my great grandmother. Would you protect our right to bear arms? 

JA:Yes absolutely within reason. You should have the right to hunting guns but honestly do you need say a semi-auto machine gun to hunt a deer for example. Too many are dying of gun violence from such weapons. Kids are being killed in schools, we need to say enough is enough and control the most dangerous of guns, machine guns are for the army to shoot terrorists not for ordinary citizens. We need to look at how we control guns and look at things like the gun show loopholes, licencing is needed

AE:We quite enjoy using our semi-automatics. My great-grandmother is quite keen to buy the newest model. 

JA:You have to question though, is it worth school shootings being in the headlines every week. I have 3 sons the youngest of which is 12. Why should his life be at risk by a plethora of these weapons being out there with few controls. Surely lives of kids like my son are more important. As I say hunt away with your one shot rifles but some control to the chaos is needed.

AE:Mr. Abbott, how do you feel about the prospect of same-sex marriage being legalised in our country? 

JA:I very much welcome the prospect and look forward to witnessing a same sex marriage in the ICS church I attend. We have a wonderful gay couple in our church and they deserve the same rights as every other heterosexual couple in this nation. Quite frankly it ain't the states business to say people can't get married because they are same gender or sex.

AE:Interesting. Considering your relation to the Alsterenist community, what will you do personally to combat the anti-Akhadist sentiment in this country? 

JA:What has my Alsterenist heritage got to do with Anti-akhadic sentiment. I personally combat hate of moderates of any group every day. I donate to anti-fascist groups prominently and campaign against fascist parties. I will not stop criticising the extremists of any stripes. Quite frankly some on the left and in the press maybe should be asking what they are doing to tackle hate against Alsterenists or how they perhaps are personally contributing! Maybe you should ask a certain Masood what he plans to do to tackle anti-alsterenist sentiment and to tackle extremism of his friends like the Igoroveich family and his now thankfully dead hero Ramzan.

AE:Now that you have mentioned Masood, I would like to bring your attention to comments that were reported in the media last week. Your sister Rachel reportedly called Masood a 'foreigner who is not fit for the office of president'. Do you agree with your sister's sentiments? 

JA:I care not for his foreign heritage but I do question his suitability purely on the basis of his former friendship with Ramzan. Can we really trust a man who idolized such an evil dictator. Can we really trust him with our army, with gay rights and to defend our borders and citizens from extremists. He does not exactly have the best track record.

AE:I asked if you shared your sister's sentiments regarding Masood. 

JA:And I answered saying I care not about his heritage or perhaps your hearing aid needs fixing!

AE:Figures on the left have been accused of harbouring anti-alsterenist sentiments for merely being critical of the actions of the Eretzoran government, resulting in a climate in which people are often afraid to voice their legitimate concerns out of fear of being accused of bigotry. Will you stand in condemnation of this?  

JA:Actually they have not. They have been accused of Anti-Alsterenist sentiments for criticising the legitimacy of an Alsterenist state in a land they were transplanted to by force. That is anti-alsterenist , you can safely criticise governments and political figures within reason as I did with Rachel Singer. Do you seriously expect us to stand silent while people are calling for Eretzora to be wiped off the map just because of the people who inhabit it. I think you'll find some on the far left are using criticism of the state of Eretzora as a cover for hating Alsterenists and in many ways as bad as the NF or MU they themselves supposedly oppose in the name of anti-fascism. The "anti-fascists" it seems are the tails of the fascist coin to the MU's heads.Last week my kid was bullied because he was Alsterenist, yet no one speaks about that do they. My 12 year old son gets bullied every day often due to his Alsterenist roots as well as him being Autistic. Yet the far left fail to focus on these injustices.

AE:Some on the left have been critical of your selection to lead a left-wing party considering your immense wealth. What do you say to these critics? 

JA: Does my wealth have anything to do with my policy. I consistently support tax rises which would actually impact how much I pay in taxes to the tune of many millions. I have funded a centre-left party for many years and support policies which help the working class. Furthermore my business actually gives part ownership to the workers. I think I have shown my credentials. It seems my opponents on the far left and far right have not legitimate attacks on my policy so have to attack me on my ethnic background and wealth I have earnt. I look at the polls every day, I talk to workers in my business, I talk to the working class at rallies and you know what the far left failed them, the republicans have failed them but they believe in me because they know my policies are the best for them . Its these people I am interested not those who quite frankly are full of racism, homophobia and misogyny.I want to talk about policy and relevant issues that the ordinary citizen faces.

AE:Mr. Abbott, your economic policies have been criticised by the right. Many believe the country cannot possibly afford the reforms you wish to introduce. 

JA:This would be the same right that can afford to give tax cut after tax cut to the super rich who don't need it. Its funny how when one suggests things like healthcare for the poor, help with the cost of education for the poor so they can access learning and become better for the economy as well as advance themselves we suddenly have no money. The money is there. We need balanced reforms like mine, fair taxes on the wealthy through elimination of loop holes and working towards a global tax avoidance treaty in order to combat tax avoidance. These are not unaffordable. I set out a clear plan of how to pay for it and who would pay. Quite frankly I have little concern for the super rich like myself who quite frankly can afford to pay a little more if its needed to help those in genuine need. Also this would help the economy which would actually increase the wealth of the super rich like me since a lot of super rich save the majority of their extra income meaning it leaves the economy,  the middle class and working class spend most of their money so if we give them access to education and healthcare and a much needed and overdue minimum wage increase. The economy will grow faster than under republicans plans to lower taxes on the rich. Economic agencies, organisations and experts worldwide say my plan is better for the Mandavines.

AE:Thank you, Mr. Abbott, for this interview. Good luck at the election!

JA:Thank you for having me, I hope you have a good day Ms. Elliot
[Image: C90pXWFVoAEMjM5.jpg]

Jerome Thomson:Thank you Mr Harlton for agreeing to this interview. I very much hope we can get to the issues today and get a good perspective on your views for the voters.

Anthony Harlton:Thank you for having me. I would remind you that the appropriate title you should use when addressing me is Mr. President.

JT:So Mr President you have had 5 years in office since your controversial deal with the NF. What would you say you have achieved in office?

AH:First of all, I would like to state that as a party, we were forced into a deal with the NF due to the result of the election at the time. We were forced with the decision of going into a coalition with the NF or forcing the country back to the polls. We ultimately decided that it was in the country's interests to not have another vote. Our coalition government has introduced tax reforms that have benefited our country's most vulnerable and also the middle class. The working man now, thanks to our government, keeps more of his own money, able to spend it on whatever he wishes. Immigration, which has been a concern of the vast majority of Mandavine citizens for a while, has been curbed under our administration. Numbers entering the country have dropped to the tends of thousands and we have introduced much stricter criteria for those wishing to make this country their home. 

JT:Would you say immigration policy has perhaps ended up pushing more to the far right and your general direction of government has pushed far right since your coalition? And what is your response to critics who say by going into coalition you have boosted the far right and increased legitimacy of racism and homophobia?

AH:I would say that the recklessness of consecutive PD governments with regards to immigration pushed ordinary people to the far-right and with the reforms we introduced peoples' concerns have finally been listened to. That is the fact here. Thanks to our policies, I actually think the far-right will become less significant. If you listen to people, people will have no reason to dabble with the far-right.

JT:You said its down to 10's of thousands but the statistics actually show its in the100's of thousands. We also have employers complaining how hard it is to fill positions where there is a shortage of Mandavinians creating less jobs and economic growth overall. How do you respond to this?

AH:Our economy has always grown faster under the republicans than under the PD. That is a fact. Read the statistics, they are out there, so I don't think there is any legitimacy to these "concerns". In the last year alone, our country took in under 100,000 immigrants. The reforms have taken time to introduce. It is as simple as that. This year, we expect the number to be under 100,000 as well.

JT:That doesn't address the concerns that employers are struggling to find enough qualified Mandevinians to fill the jobs that immigrants used to help fill. What is your response to that?

AH:As I said, I don't believe there is any legitimacy to these supposed concerns.

JT:Okay , we can acknowledge the economy  has grown under the Republicans albeit slower than the government before you, yet according to James , Together and the PD the working class have failed to benefit and this is reducing growth that could have been achieved. Poverty despite growth has increased 19% in 5 years with poverty among minorities having increased at double the rate. What do you say to those who your party has impoverished with the reduction in public services to pay for your tax cuts for the rich?

AH:We do not have a bottomless bucket. There is a limit to the amount of money we can spend, particularly since we are trying to reduce our national debt. The cuts are hard, and they were hard decisions to make, but they were vital and sadly inevitable. As I mentioned before, the tax cuts introduced helped the working man as well as the middle class. Yes, corporate taxes were lowered too, in order to make the Mandavine Union an attractive place for international companies to settle. This ultimately has created jobs. Jobs that have helped ordinary Mandavines. 

JT:Yet poverty has grown over 19%. Furthermore James has called for a single payer system in order to reduce the bankruptcy rate to medical treatment from those who surpass insurance maximums or can't afford insurance? Why has your government let this situation continue to get worse year on year and what plans do you have if any to deal with it?

AH:We increased funding to existing programmes that cater for those who have no insurance. My government will continue to look at funding of these programmes and increase the budgets when necessary. I do not believe in a single payer system and in fact believe it would be harmful. Our current system needs reform perhaps, but the answer is not a single payer system.  

JT:Homophobic laws have appeared and passed in more state parliaments usually due to Republican and National Front Coalitions with LGBT rights regressing and nationwide homophobic attacks increasing? Do you today on behalf of your party condemn all homophobia and vow never to work with homophobic parties in the future and fix all the damage your government has caused on this front?

AH:I condemn all hate and bigotry. However, I do not believe at all that the laws passed constitute as homophobic. State assemblies have introduced laws stating that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. It's as simple as that. I too believe that is the case, as does the vast majority of people in the Mandavine Union. are we a nation of homophobes? Not at all. We are a very welcoming place, it just so happens we are a predominantly Messianic nation and this definition of marriage is thus part of our belief system.

JT:So you don't believe two men or two women are equal to two straight people? I would also suggest to you that you are wrong that your views are the majority view with polls showing between 55-62% currently supporting gay marriage.

AH:According to your polls, but most polls do not support your findings. The vast majority of polls find that support for same-sex marriage is well below 50% here. Do I believe these people are equal? Yes, I do. They have the same rights as everyone else. 

JT:So they have the right to a marriage then? So is your stance two of the same sex in a couple don't deserve the same marriage rights as two of the opposite sex?

AH:Marriage, as I said, is the union of one man and one woman. You cannot redefine words. It is quite simple really.

JT:Okay then since we've established that then. According to James you squandered a good opportunity to achieve long term piece in the Belayzemlya and Eretzoran region by failing to secure proper long term trade deals as well as deals in other areas of co-operation while moderates were in charge. What do you say to allegations your siding with the Eretzoran right-wing has put back long term peace by many years?

AH:Under my administration, cooperation between the two states has increased. We encouraged both sides to meet regularly, which they have done. We cannot, however, force our ally Eretzora into some sort of deal that it does not wish to pursue. At the end of the day, Eretzora is an independent nation. It alone will choose its policies. We side with neither the right wing nor the left wing in Eretzora, so the accusation is baseless. Quite simply, the Republicans support the right of the Eretzoran nation to defend itself when attacked. The Republicans have a proud record on our commitment to Eretzora and the Alsterenist people.

JT:But you have great influence over them , yet you failed to secure concrete treaties? Will you be remembered as the president who extended the conflict there by a decade?

AH:Trust must be earned. Eretzoran political leaders are reluctant to enter formal treaties at the present time.  

JT:You are currently polling at less than 40% against James 50% + . Is this a sign you are out of touch with the common man and too in bed with the rich elite?

AH:No

JT:Are you confident that you will win given the current political situation with Together and PD?

AH:Yes, very much so. 

JT:So you are given a free night to do anything , where would you be found?

AH:Right now I would like to enjoy a family BBQ.

JT:So where do you see the country in 6 years if you win? 

AH:Succeeding, just as it has done under my premiership.

JT:How many corporations have brought your campaign and presidency this time around should you win. How do you respond to critics that say you are brought by billionaires and corporations to pass laws that would hurt the working class?

AH:It is not relevant. Why don't you ask the billionaire who is running?

JT:Why don't you answer the question. Which corporations have donated to you and are likely to have influence over you?

AH:The information can be found on our party website. I see you have a lapttop, why don't you look it up.

JT:James has promised to protect the environment over the next 6 years if he wins and alleged you have failed to protect the environment. How do you respond to his claim your government has been a "disaster" for the environment and will you limit use of fossil fuels to stop global warming?

AH:My government will continue any course of action that benefits us economically. The economic future of this country ultimately comes before anything else. I will not pass laws that hurt our economy and thus the working man. 

JT:So you put short term profits in the way of human wellbeing and the environment?

AH:Human wellbeing relies on people having jobs. 

JT:Can you promise if elected you will not team up with the NF again?

AH:We will form a government that meets the needs of the people of this great nation.

JT:If you should lose this election will you promise not to constantly block P.D and Together bills and paralyse the legislative process?

AH:We will always stand up for what we believe is right and vote accordingly.

JT:Thank you for your time Mr President , we have very much enjoyed speaking with you today.

AH:Likewise. 
Wednesday 25 Treizen 1599 CE
Abbott Resorts announce new Abbott Skycruise division

Abbott Resorts has today announced it has ordered Sky Hauler Series SH10 air ships to begin a new air cruise service. This follows the announcement of the Royal Gaels Airship Company that announced last week that it was purchasing 4 of the SH10 in order to begain air cruises over North Strathae. The Abbott Resorts subsidary will be named Abbott Skycruise Company. The company announced 17 would be ordered with 5 for Kvaenna , 5 for Brigidna and 7 for the Mandavine Union and Nyland areas. The Blimps would be made as luxury air-cruise ships with cabins ranging from 2 person double bed cabins to a full suite complete with butler. The airships would feature a small theatre for the the 200 guests, a luxury restaurant, a bar ,pool , casino, viewing platform, a buffet and luxury fitness centre with gym equipment and spa rooms.The ships rooms will hold 200 guests in the 80 rooms.

The company said in a statement "We along with Hughes Aeronautics aim to bring a truly unique experience and set up the first major Aerial cruise line. The cruises will not be about speed but about enjoying the view and visiting multiple cities on the way with an average cruise having a stop at least every 2 days with tours from the landing sites to local attractions. All cruises will include entertainment as well as 3 course meals and of course the buffet food. The cruises will maintain a high standard of service and luxury in keeping with the Abbott Brand."

The company expects cruises to last around 14-31 days and to cost from $4,900 per person to $55,000 a person. The company expects demand to be high and supply to be limited and said that cruises would focus on scenic routes with exciting city destinations. Most itineraries would feature a mix of cities and rural areas.