Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTT- Raidió Teilifís Taeunas
RTT-

Move over diamonds, girls are getting a new best friend. The Materials Sciences department at NAIS has come up with a new, harder, brighter version of crystallized carbon. AMP-C, short for Amorphous Carbon, is created by zapping a type of loose carbon with a laser that lasts for less than the blink of an eye- 200 nanoseconds. This is enough to heat the material to 3,700*C, nearly double what it took to create natural diamonds. And it has some properties that make it different from diamonds. Beyond being harder and brighter, it's ferromagnetic. That means it can be magnetized. Scientists say the material is so new, that much more study is needed to figure out all of its properties and determine it's seemingly wide range of uses.
Republic of Taeunas Database
RTT News

Only the strongest will survive... lead me to heaven when I die...
I am the shadow on the wall... I'll be the one to save us all...

Constitutionalist

DeSchaine's Shipyard

Messages In This Thread
RTT- Raidió Teilifís Taeunas - by DeSchaine - 09-26-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: RTT- Raidió Teilifís Taeunas - by DeSchaine - 09-26-2016, 11:33 PM