Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTT- Raidió Teilifís Taeunas
RTT-

TAEUNAS CHANGES CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

In a surprise move today, the Seanad voted nearly unanimously to change the second amendment of the Constitution. This happened suddenly in response to several court cases and lawsuits by immigrants from other nations that have higher crime rates, as well as a highly vocal minority from the ultra liberal left. The text of the amendment was changed from
Quote:In order to provide for public protection, and a well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free Republic, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

to

Quote:In order to provide for public protection, and an armed civilian population being necessary to the security of a free Republic, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

While a seemingly minor change, the new wording affects most of the cases currently before the court, and according to experts in the legal field, will allow the judges in the cases to throw them out.

The Seanad today also passed legislation that has restricted the use of petroleum in plastics. In response to concern over the growing issue of plastic packaging, it was determined that use of bio degradable plastics is a better, cheaper and faster renewing resource. With the amount of corn produced in Taeunas, the legislation makes it illegal to produce and use petroleum based plastic packaging, and makes it mandatory to use Polylactic Acid based materials. The difference between them is very small, and PLA based materials can be formed, cut and processed on the same machines being used for Petrochemical ones. This will have a double effect on the economy. It reduces the consumption of oil for products not used for fuel, thereby reducing gas prices, and will spur a growth in the corn market, both in price and in amount being grown. Over time, this will balance out into slightly higher than current prices.
Republic of Taeunas Database
RTT News

Only the strongest will survive... lead me to heaven when I die...
I am the shadow on the wall... I'll be the one to save us all...

Constitutionalist

DeSchaine's Shipyard

Messages In This Thread
RTT- Raidió Teilifís Taeunas - by DeSchaine - 09-26-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: RTT- Raidió Teilifís Taeunas - by DeSchaine - 09-26-2016, 11:20 PM