Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign: Expansion Chronicles of Eriuna and Dorinsaïsel
Reposting this for administrative purposes. While roleplaying, I DETERMINED to seize both islands and no one stopped me, so there.

(11-12-2017, 12:26 PM)Ayzek Wrote: Approved
Expanding Country: Holy Lanlanian Empire
EC.'s Government Type: Semi-absolute Monarchy

Campaign Setting: 279 BCE, 424 CE
Campaign Goal: Circled island: https://i.imgur.com/QbB6PIN.png
Informational Links: Factbook, History of Lanlania, History of South Brigidna.

When did you last have an Expansion? Never~
When was the Expanding Country's last military conflict? The High Kingdom of Lanlania invaded western Zanaro in 301 BCE, under High King Lyrn II.
Why do you seek to expand?
OOC: to cement elements of Lanlanian history through role play.
IC: the High Lanlanians kings are on a CRUSADE to liberate the Messanic holy land (Azreae) from the grips of the evil Mahkal Empire. Since 364 BCE, they have waged war on the southern peninsula, intent on crawling their way over. The conquest of Zanaro (will rework history after someone else claims that plot, to fit with their wants) is merely a stepping stone.

While historically the Lanlanians conquered southern/coastal Zanaro by 260 BCE and lose the mainland when it revolted in 424 CE, I'm only going to RP select events focusing on the island--because it's the only area I want to still control.

Campaign Plot
In 301 BCE, High King Lyrn II invaded and destroyed the Kingdom of Phortain, to avenge his great-grandfather, Lyrn I, who was killed in battle against the Phortainese. Now, in 279 BCE, he is continuing his campaign of conquest, intent on conquering the Zanarite by 260 BCE and leaving the High Kingdom poised to liberate Azreae from the Mahkal infidels. Though he will be killed in eastern Zanaro in 276 BCE, his brother, declared Dyrfyn I in the midst of battle, will complete the conquest of Zanaro by 260, and the Lanlanians will govern the area until the 420s.

That year, reeling from the Galasian League-Messanic War, the second loss of the Sentric Crown, and a revolt in Lanlanian Soyabar, the High Lanlanians were too weak to prevent much of the southern peninsula from also abandoning the empire.

The Lanlanians will either keep the island, or lose it and reconquer it a while later. I'll figure it during the RP.

Potential for Other Player Involvement
NONE. OTHER PLAYERS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Jk. Someone could RP the Zanarites, for starters.The first Carpathian Empire could play a role in the secessions of 424, if Carp wanted. They, Angiris or Mestra could cockblock the Lanlanians should they attempt to reconquer Zanaro. But I will defeat you all, for Rune has chosen ME to govern the island. C:

How your country may evolve from success
Control of this island is militarily convenient, and I will have my convenience. That said, the Lanlanian nation-state is changing quite a bit throughout the empire. The conquest of Zanaro set it up to become the largest empire is west Brigidna in history, while their defeats have really knock them back some pegs.

How your country may evolve from defeat
Zanaro is ultimately lost, and the Lanlanian nation-state has arguably been in decline since the ancient glory days of the High-Lanlanian led Messanic Empire.

Being me is the best.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.