Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign: Expansion Akitsu Expansion into Belau
Expanding Country: Akitsu
EC.'s Government Type: Constitutional monarchy (newly-established one, at the onset of this campaign)

Campaign Setting: 1415-ish
Campaign Goal: The islands below.
[Image: mUDlDx.png]

When did you last have an Expansion? I don't think Akitsu's ever really had one?
When was the Expanding Country's last military conflict? OOC'ly, likely the military intervention in Singan. IC'ly at the time this campaign takes place, likely the Kingdom of Akitsu's expansion but had no real bearing on the country that eventually unified Akitsu.
Why do you seek to expand? IC'ly, it would be a mix of Akitian nationalism and business interests in the islands. OOC'ly, I've been eyeing those islands for a while.

Campaign Plot
The islands of Belau are a recently-unified kingdom that has been modernizing itself in an attempt to stave off modernization. As part of it, it opened itself up to foreign investment. Rich businessman from the Empire of Akitsu began investing in the plantation industry in the islands. Eventually the plantations became very large exporters of sugar and other crops to Akitsu, with the businesses importing laborers from Akitsu proper to help the plantations grow when local labor proved insufficient. The business owners, however, are unhappy with the arrangement as they would still have to pay tariffs when the goods are imported to Akitsu. As a result, they start pushing for independence.

The hope is that they would eventually take over the government of Belau by claiming Akitian assets are threatened by the local government to gain the support of the Akitian military and seek annexation with Akitsu afterwards, but the RP will start before this happens while the plantation owners are still plotting.

Potential for Other Player Involvement:
I'm not sure off the top of my head as I'm not familiar with the diplomatic situation surrounding these islands at the time of this happening. However, I can see other nations being at least somewhat concerned as the islands could be used as a refueling and resupply station for ships seeking to start crossing the Aesean ocean.

I am sure that diplomatically there would be many opportunities for other player involvement, if any country really cares about those islands.

How your country may evolve from success:
It could embolden the Akitian government in a drive for colonization, in an attempt to be seen as equals by Brigidnan and Kvaennan nations.

How your country may evolve from defeat:
It would push the Akitian government to modernize further to ensure Akitian independence.
approved, make an OOC topic and then youre good to get started.

I believe some brigidnans are in the region. I know florinthus and lanlania are/were