Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-conflict Update Hoinom/Tieguo Expansion
State: Hoinom
Population: 65,989,162
GDP: $870,970,490,880 (GDPpc $13,198.69)

Length of war: 1589-1599

On a scale of 1-10, how intense was the conflict?
A nationwide scale would be probably around 6, I'd say. But important regional differences: It could be a 8 in some regions, but 2 or lower in another (see below).

How much of your state did the country affect?
Based on the 1587 census, for easier area-focused estimations, you may consider the following information:
-Proper war affected areas with a combined population of 35,212,177 in 1587 (that's, about 55% of total the population)
-Provinces that experienced some fighting but not real war fighting during most of the years would add around 10,963,721 in 1587 (around 17% of the total population)
-The rest of the country only experienced some minor fighting and state repression in general, areas around 17,477,581 in 1587 (up to 28% of the total population).

Tieguo airstrikes probably only affected 16 of 33 provinces, which combined population would be 51% of the total population.

How many civilian and military deaths do you estimate?
I'm not very good at numbers, but I assume you can calculate a realistic number considering the information above.

Tieguo's imposed no-fly zone covered provinces with an original population of nearby 22,000,000. I imagine it would be more like "Libya-like" than "Syria-like" airstrikes, so speaking. Occasional airstrikes by Tieguonese Air Force also happened in an area that provinces that had a 10,520,216 population in 1587, but there would be more limited airstrikes against more clear military targets, so the casualties would be considerably lower than in the original no-fly zone.

Other no purely numbers you may consider or add to the final estimation:
-Pre-war famine and related deaths would be no more than 10,000-15,000.
-Early state repression would be probably below 1,000, up to 3,000 if you count early insurgency as well.
-1589 coup d'etat probably caused no more than around 500 casualties, but following repression may increase to 2,000-5,000 casualties.
-Extrajudicial killings in the northern provinces, by several factions, may be up to 10,000.
-Anti-elite repression in revolutionary provinces could have caused 20,000 deaths.

It is also noted that 2/3 of the provinces that were mostly affected by the war, did not experience much fighting since 1595, as there was several ceasefire agreements since then.
In the same way, the rest of the country (the other 45%), would have not experienced no real fighting since 1592

How many civilians do you estimate were internationally displaced?
I wrote that in 1591, there were 580,000 Hoinomese refugees in neighboring countries, and another 1 million internally displaced. An real fighting has been minor and mostly focused in a few provinces since 1595, I imagine that not much that the double of that original number (although probably a large number of refugees have been able to return the country since them).

As the expansion is finished, Tieguo can be turned into a NPC again.

And now that I mention, I also finished Keszaria last RP, so Keszaria can be turned into a NPC too.