Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The coronation of Alec Baldwin Styrland
Handwerpenstad, a few weeks after the military coup

It was time to coronate the new emperor of the reformed soyabarian empire. Alec Baldwin Styrland, A relative on the lanlanian side of the soyabarian crown family. Send from the beast itself to take up the throne. Not knowing what would happen to him on his coronation day.

your majesty Said the master of ceremonies are you ready to be tied up for the parade?

What parade master? he said confusingly

Your majesty, it is costum for the soyabarian emperors to parade trough handwerpenstad on foot said the master of ceremonies, he hesitated for a moment they should have told you before you accepted the throne, but one cannot wave the costum and be crowned emperor, the whole thing is supposed to stave off bad luck

WHAT WILL THEY DO TO ME? snapped alec

With an emotional look on his faceyour majesty sir, I have to tie you down like a common criminal, and you have to parade trough the city and let yourselve be pelled with a constant barrage of tomatoes by the common populus before taking your oath and recieve the crown

But why? is this country really this uncivilized like they told me? Said alec with a concerned look on this face

No your majesty, were not a nation of brutes but this tradition goes back to the first emperors of old, when soyabar kicked out all the lanlania's and it has become law ever since. one of the only laws that still binds you said the master carefully

Alec sighed in disgust and simply said
whatever then

They continued to bind him in chains in preparation for the parade

Ooc: you may send a delegation, you may chose to let your delegation partake in the tomatina like event from a stage or just them go to the senate building where he will be crowned
The Goldecian delegation arrived. The delegation conisisted of King Edmund the III , Prime Minister Marianne Stewart Adler, Foreign Minister Felix Underhill. Also with the group were
his wife Samantha Cantacuzino-Meneris-Meriden-Zabala-Chatto and two daughters Aquilina Cantacuzino-Meneris--Meriden-Zabala-Chatto and Beatrix Cantacuzino-Meneris--Meriden-Zabala-Chatto. Adeodatus had been kept home to keep the succession line safe. The group would represent Goldecia .

Edmund and hi Daughters found the traditions odd though they didn't judge. After all Goldecia also had some very odd traditions by international standards.The Tomatina was after all no more odd than the giving an offering to the ghosts of Stone Palace to stop family members from dying of the curse. A tradition that continued to this day. They were enjoying the hospitality , kindness and warmth of Soyabar.

The governments of Mandavine Union and Strathae royals had also sent their heads of state and families to attend the ceremony. Though Svarna Sury decided to send the ambassador.
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
Handling of the guests

From the moment the respective delegations, they never got a moment they weren't served with the finest soyabarian refreshments and cuisine soyabar had to offer. Serving the royals first somewhat sooner than later, as this was a good moment for soyabar to make a good impression on its honoured guests Eventually when the entire fanfare was ready to go to the road al the delegations were led to the requested locations those who wanted to partake in the tomatina were led to the international guests tribune where they had a good view, good shots and low chance of getting hit by a stray tomato.

The Fanfare/tomatina

The fanfare started with a couple of floats, depicting the cartoon versions of the previous emperor and the future emperor on floats making fun of them. A typical Soyabarian emperor could expect to be made fun of twice, alive or dead. At your crowning and the crowning of your follow up. And only humiliated once deeply in this event. It all started all the way back with the first emperor but thats more myth than fact.

But now it was time and the floats Came and went on the entire route diplomats, translators, did their best to translate everything that was in soyabarian humour or language to our guest. Then it came time for the IIL to parade by, saluting the guest as they passed by.

Then 2 guys with a banner passed stating Throw at the guy whos coming after the horses passed

(point of view from the stand)

The sound of horses came near, people cheering as the tomatoes flew all around, some to early but most on spot. the people where full on allowed to keep on throwing it at eachother an hour after the "captive" passed.
It would be foolish of the police to break it up sooner. But the horses came closer and closer to the stands

Playing their tune again and again. The diplomats cheered a little as the horses passed. Gave a tomato to each delegate and started to give a good example by throwing a couple of them themselves. right on the head and on his shirt. Making sure some of the stains on the clothes never would get out of it
After the parade

Right after the parade, Alec Baldwin got a decent wash and was dressed into his coronation robes.

In the senate

The announcer announced that he was coming so everyone had the time to stand,
Alec Baldwin walked into the room, layed his right hand upon the Soyabarian constitution his left hand in the air. He then said the following

Ik Schwore die Soyabarische Grondwet und de wetten den Soyabarischen volkes na te leven, Het grondgebeit en de soyabarischen onafhankelijkheid ongeschunden in bewarung zu lassen.
(I swear, to uphold the soyabarian constitustion and the laws of the soyabarian people and to keep the soyabarian soil and independance intact and unharmed)

The commander of the ILL then stepped forward presenting alec with a golden Sword. After alec baldwin accepted the staff he spoke

Ik Schwore den SoyaBarischen legers met verstand en integriteit zu leiden
(I Swear to lead the soyabarian army with wisdom and integrety)

A child then stepped forward presenting Alec Baldwin with a golden scale When Alec Baldwin spoke

Ik Schwore den Soyabarischen volkes te leiden mit rechtvaardigheid und verstand
(I swear to lead the soyabarian people with justice and wisdom)

Then the prime minister stepped up with the soyabarian crown, stepping up upon a soapbox The prime minister states the following

By the powers invested in me, I hereby crown you Emperor Baldwin the first of his name, emperor of soyabar, the srateg and the munchies.

Then the prime minister put the crown on Baldwin's head and Baldwin was now officially is the emperor and a thunderous applaus followed
After the coronotion

After the coronation, Baldwin now crowned emperor stepped on the balcony under a thundering applause. He saw a sight a soyabarian emperor ever forgets in his life. Before the building stood not only a crown of sheering unlookers but also the IIL, the Immortal Imperial legion. Their commander already in front of them in salute

The commander yelled  Take the oath in front of the people and your neww emperor Baldwin I In unisin the IIL raised their right hand their left hand remaining on their weapon. Started yelling their Oath with such a force, the emperor got chils and was blown back abit

Ich sweer bei got dezen heiligen eed
Dat ich De keizer van het soyabarischen volkes Baldwin den eersten
zal gehoorzamen als opperbevelhebber vant legioen
en bereid zal sein alst tappere soldat
mein leben fur dezen eed geven zal.

The emperor took the microphone infront of him.and spoke, I accept your oath, and I willl hold you to it in times of need

thus ending the official ceremony of crowning
(I swear by god, this holy oath,
that I shal obey the the emperor of the soyabarian people baldwin the first
as supreme commander of the legion
and that I will glady give my life for this oath
as a brave soldier)