Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4th Annual - Siora Awards 2018
. . : : The Siora Awards 2018 : : . .

Greetings, and welcome to the Fourth Annual Siora Awards! A new year means new beginnings and demands a new opening paragraph - something we haven't seen in three years. Eternity's birthday was this past October, and now with the end of the year here it's time to reflect upon the life and times we've spent together, and hopefully share (or remember) some memories we've had together as we move beyond into our fifth year.

With apologies to those who want further ado, let's get into the awarding of utter meaningless categories! There have been some changes this time around:
  • Removed the "Forum's Favorite Flag" category, since flags rarely change from year to year, and there isn't a central place to find them all, anyway.
  • Removed "Liberator" and "Shepherd of the Drama Llamas" categories, as they weren't very funny anymore, and not very respect.
  • Added "?" award
  • Renamed "Most Developed Character" and "Most Captivating Story" to "Favorite Character Award" & "Captivating Story Award," respectively.
  • Added "Lore Development Award"

Oh boy! How do I participate in this OfficialTM Activity?
All you have to do is copy everything within the spoilered code box below into a PM addressed directly to me, include your ONE vote for each category (which are explained below), and then submit the pm. After a Certain Amount Of TimeTM, all submitted "votes" will be tallied, and winners in each individual category declared - though we all know you'll win, you wonderful person you - to much celebration and fanfare.

Or just pop it in this thread, if you don't care if people know how you voted.

Everyone gets to vote for everything; there are no special people with special votes for certain categories. Furthermore, while it's fine to not vote for a category if you can't think of anything for it, only a maximum of one vote is allowed for each...though it would definitely be nice if you took some time (minutes, hours, days, weeks) to see if anything comes to mind.

Show ContentAwards Vote Submission Form:

Wait, what happened to the last one?
The 2015 Awards, and their results, can be found here.
The 2016 Awards, and their results, can be found here.
The 2017 Awards, and their results, can be found here.

Can I vote for myself?
Yes, but you'll make Jeremy a very sad kitter.

These OfficialTM Category names are weird, what do they mean?
Good question! Below are short explanations for each of the categories, so you know what you're voting for!

Member of the Year: The member who best represents what we want every member to be like, who best represents the best all-around person we like to have in our community. Completely arbitrary & subjective.

Contributor of the Year: Someone who contributed something of significant value to the community, generally someone who added/brought something that bettered the community as a whole.

Writer of the Year: The person who consistently writes the very wow stories, characters, etc. Maybe not the most quantity, but his/her consistent quality always impresses.

Newcomer of the Year: Like "Member of the Year," but specifically for people that joined the forum in 2018 only. Use that "Members" button at the top of the forum if you have to.

Most Active: Who on the forum is in the most dire need of sunlight and/or going to sleep.

Most Helpful: Someone whose always there to lend a non-judgmental, non-cynical hand with advice or guidance on any subject asked of them.

Most Creative: Who made the prettiest pretty? Pictures, videos...uh, sculptures? Artistic, creative-type stuff.

Best Sport: Typically someone fairly humble, the kind of person you always want to hang out or write with. Someone who's really quiet pleasant even in "defeat."

?: ?

Most Memorable Moment: Anything - could be a post, chat snippet, anything - that was "totally epic," something that stood out as something worth remembering.

The President Caesar Memorial Award: The forum's most notorious lurker, someone most likely to not see this post or know that they even won this award.

Card Czar: Who is king or queen of the spam. Someone who gets everyone together for a fun time...or at least tries so very hard, bless their heart.

Captivating Story Award: The story (mtrp, fantasy, free-form, anything), and writer, that captured your attention and that you follow religiously? Bonus points if you have no active part in it.

Favorite Character Award: Like above, which person's RP/story/writing character really sticks out to you as someone/something memorable? Doesn't matter if the character is recurring or a one-shot "disposable" thing.

Lore Development Award: Like above again; be it fantasy, Alt-Earth, Siora, Andlosheim or whatever, this is the person, topic, or event that really stood out to you for their development of settings and lore in RP.
As a note:

Nominations will be open until 31 January.
Also discovered that the forum won't save the eggplant unicode in my post. So, the "?" is supposed to be an eggplant emoji. Flipped Smile
I HAVE VOTED IN THIS, MY GOOD SUBJECTS. NOW YOU MUST TOO.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
I have completely thrown out his votes for being absolutely ridiculous and stupid. Flipped Smile
What he means is that my votes were very op and must be set aside so yours can influence things too.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Congratulations to php-kun for winning literally everything because no one else voted, not even me. \o/
. . : : The Siora Awards 2018 : : . .
Final Results

I didn't forget to post the Siora Award results, YOU forgot to post the Siora Awards results! Angry

No, seriously. Aside from Lines voting for PHP-kun in every category, I got no votes for anything. No one seemed to care. At first i was just going to skip this and stop doing it forever, but I like arbitrary awards, so we're doing it live. I get to choose everyone for everything.

Where is your God now?

Lore Development: STRATCOM
Boi writes some of the most unique stuff here. There are some other things that got developed, and not to say any other stuff was bad. I just remember his stuff more.

Favorite Character Award: STRATCOM, with "Bogand"
Aside from having one of the most unique nations, STRATCOM also writes some of the most compelling characters and stories, for what prompts he is given to work with.

Captivating Story Award: The commonwealth war I
Hey, I remember it. It went on a while. Lots happened. It may not have been the best writing, but that's what other categories are for. And I was in it, whoa!

Card Czar: Sal
Four years in a row, I can't bring myself to break with tradition until you lot dethrone her.

The President Caesar Memorial Award: Millerainia
I mean, there are a lot of names that could go here, perhaps.

Most Memorable Moment: Seperallis
for all those times he was like "hey guys, this is cool right?" and people went "yeah that's cool" and he was all "cool, then let's do this thing" and then no one did the thing! Haha! That was a riot!

?: Soyabar
?
We really need an eggplant emote.

Best Sport: Hadash
Bruh will do it all, when he has time.

Most Creative: Sal
Bring back Inktober! And...writing stuff? She's honestly a much better writer than I am.

Most Helpful: Hadash
After he makes fun of you, sure. Flipped Smile

Most Active: Nentsia
Go 2 Bed.

Now, for the very fancy, very prestigious, very arbitrary "of the Year" awards! Wow, so important!

Newcomer of the Year: ToddTheSquid
A promising lad who likes the futury stuff. A shame that life grabbed him away, would have loved to see much more from him.

Writer of the Year: Sal
Read what she writes. She may downplay her ability to come up with creative ideas, but when the pen meets the paper she is the most skilled wordsmith on the forum. Like, seriously.

Contributor of the Year: Hadash
Uuuuuuh, yeah. Bruh has about five thousand threads.

Member of the Year: Hadash
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But seriously, he's a good guy and he's active. What more, exactly, can we hope for?

Congratulations to all of our winners on their shiny new, meaningless, arbitrary awards handed out exclusively by mee, and we'll see you soon for the next Siora Awards that everyone will inevitably fail to respond to! \o/
THIS IS ILLEGAL. PHPKUN DEMANDS HIS AWARDS.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
I am all that is legal.