Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participation Awards
Yes. To combat the decline of actual playing together that is completely not His fault, His Most Esteemed High Imperial Celestial Apostolic Majesty, King Alldays, Chief Administrator has determined that distributing participation awards is a good idea. Because we're all lame millennial that need that stuff. There could be a few different participation rewards:
  • You'll get a pretty ribbon when you participate in so many role plays started by another player.
  • Campaign Masters/Thread Starters will also get pretty ribbons the more threads they start.
  • The Campaign/Thread Master/Starters will have the option to award an MVP with an extra fancy ribbon at the end of the campaign/thread.
  • The Directorate may also (read: don't count on it) issue an MVP award in particularly exciting role plays.
  • Should the Directorate issue a reputation point for participating in someone else's expansion/NPC campaign/role play? (I'm thinking yeah.)
  • An ribbon for having a developed wiki article for your nation?
  • Ribbons for other kindsa articles? (History...uuhh....)

Of course, it should go unsaid that some of this would only apply to...developed content and that shitposting would be punished. I'm hoping this stuff would encourage you nerds to play more together. Or maybe actually play, rather than just plan things. <_<

But secretly this is so I can say "I tried, you can't complain" should you guys object to my taking over half the map alone cause no one would RP with me. Sad

Any suggestions or objections?

Related but not explicitly a participation award:
  • A player may get a fief per post (regardless of forum...except spam. because fuck spam).
  • A player may get x number of fiefs per MVP award.
  • Fiefs may be traded for a choice of video game from Administration's (read: me) collect of unclaimed video games (I currently have 18 pages on unclaimed keys on humble bundle).
  • Should a player get fiefs per campaign/thread they start or participate in? (This may devalue the fief.)
  • Should we enable pay-to-win and let you trade fiefs for pixels on the map? (You gets 10 fiefs per dollar you donate.)
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
I've made a few graphics for the RP Participation Awards. The pins/ribbons:
Level 1 role player. Has participated in 6 RP threads.
Level 2 pole player. Has participated in 12 RP threads.
Level 3 role player. Has participated in 20 RP threads.
Level 4 role player. Has participated in 40 RP threads.
Level 5 role player. Has participated in 50 RP threads.
Level 6 role player. Has participated in 60 RP threads.
Level 7 role player. Has participated in 70 RP threads.

Additionally, there are badges:
[Image: newbie.png] Issued at 6 RP threads.
[Image: experienced.png] Issued at 12 RP threads.
[Image: veteran.png] Issued at 20 RP threads.

The pins will work like the current ribbons, where you can select it from your user settings. The badges will work like the staff badges, where they're displayed on your profile. There may be a l33t reward for reaching level 7*. Which should only take you half a decade. Flipped Smile

This stuff will be tracked in a thread in some forum (where you guys link to your threads), cause I sure as hell aren't gonna be proactive about this.

Thread Master's choice for Most Valuable Player.
Director's choice for Most Valuable Player.

[Image: mvp.png] Directorate's Choice for MVP badge.

We still need pretties for thread masters, tho.

* This is not a guarantee that there will be a l33t reward.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Anyone else think those benchmarks might be too high? <.<
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
(11-22-2018, 01:04 AM)Ayzek Wrote: Anyone else think those benchmarks might be too high? <.<

Quite possibly, yes.
I don't. Maybe they should be exponential, as well, instead of linear. Flipped Smile

Anyway, if you want the giving of awards or other things (fiefs?) to be "fair" then we might be able to do like some other places and have polls/surveys in completed RPs, where people who both were and were not in the rp can vote upon and critique the threads, the characters, the players, etc etc etc. Constructively, of course.
That's an interesting idea, but I feel it might be overkill. We'd then be drowing in polls and surveys and discussions. Like, worse than now. It's why I only suggested an mvp selected by the thread/campaign master. Admittedly, a post rp review session could do good, but I'm skeptical we could really keep it up.

Low key, i threw in the director's choice for mvp for cases where the readers think more than one person shined extra spiffy. You guys would basically shove it in my face and I'd just say okay.

I also mulled over actual participation ribbons. Like, a little pretty you get to add to your sig for simply participating. Akin to those ribbons that military personnel get. But. I dunno. Such ribbons may not match the atmosphere.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
Quote:A player may get a fief per post (regardless of forum...except spam. because fuck spam).
There's a 0.001 fief per character on posts, right? Maybe? I think I've gotten multiples from a post before, but I can't prove it.

So much for MVP awards, I don't think I've seen anyone do that to the few finished campaigns that didn't just peter out. Flipped Smile

Quote:Should a player get fiefs per campaign/thread they start or participate in?
I say yes, and for getting replies to it. If you are able to start a hit thread and keep it going, especially to conclusion, then I think a little reward for it is fine. If devaluation is the problem, then the solution is to make any action you don't do yourself worth less: 1 for a started thread, 0.2 or something for replies to your thread.

I'm assuming you can set the amount to less than 1.

Quote:Should we enable pay-to-win and let you trade fiefs for pixels on the map? (You gets 10 fiefs per dollar you donate.)
I mean, not for pixels, but me and my wallet say yes to free games fiefs. Check
Speaking of which, I've been tracking my donation amount, but I ain't gotten no fiefs boi Tongue

I don't care much about siggy ribbons? I know they're all the rage still in NS, if we want to still hang around that old bag of bones. We already have the Siora Awards ribbons, if you don't want a new thing...and in fact, I believe participation mostly is, in at least one category.

That aside, not a fan of the blue dragon balls, but the ones with dice are nice. I'd lower the "rookie" requirement and raise the "veteran" requirement, perhaps rolling several "ribbons" into these badges. For example: start 4 rp threads, join 6 rp threads, and make 20 rp posts for the "rookie" badge; start 30 rp threads, participate in 50 rp threads, and make 1000 rp posts for "veteran." Or thereabouts.
It's .000625 per post, with a 1600 (about 400 words) minimum. You get an additional 1 per post, plus 4 for a new thread. Actually, I knew I posted the rules somewhere. Here: link.

I'll review the paypal account soon. I haven't actually kept up with that. Flipped Smile

I think I will enable fiefs-per-reply, but it'd only take effect starting whenever I change it. Recalculating all the fiefs would be too much of a hassle. Flipped Smile

I might merge the dragon balls with the forum's level stars feature. And the badges with the auto-promotion system; maybe base it on threads and posts like you've suggested. That'd allow us to have em presented in the poster's details, rather than their sig. None of this is actually meant for your sig. <.<
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire