Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mordvania (OOC:Changes)
Mordvania is likely experiencing some changes on its politics and history - some parts of its history may be retconned.

Given that some nations in Marzanna are being removed, and that Central Brigidna (the area around Kaljurand and Mordvania) is rather empty, I discussed with Ayzek and Arkiania the possibility of partially retconning Mordvania and placing it where Calgarov is/was. As a consequence, if we don't want to alter the history of Kaljurand and the civil war, Kaljurand may need to be moved to the area nearby, maybe where Mordvania is currently (or at least somewhere nearby), if Hahk agrees.

Other nations such as Nerysia shouldn't be much affected. Nerysia would have still intervened in Kaljuran civil war, and the increased distance between Nerysia and Kaljurand could explain why Nerysia didn't decide to further intervene and defend Kaljuran government from Mordvania more than they did; and Nerysia is supposedly powerful enough to be able to afford helping Kaljurand as they did despite the distance.

If this proposal is agreeable for those involved (mostly Saratov, Hank, and Nentsia), other changes would involve:
  • Mordvania's history would have been much more integrated into Marzanna history, although still outside Severyane's direct sphere.
  • Mordvania's history would likely be partially retconned, with the current Republic of Mordvania would have likely be established one or two decades before (but pretty much its history since, let's say, 1572 to present would remain the same - except a few details).
  • Abdania, as such, wouldn't have existed as it is established so far. Instead of being a Mordvanian majority being ruled by an Abdanian minority in the past; Mordvania would have been likely be a no-Slav country ruled by a Geinic royal house (history of Abdania/Mordvania wouldn't be much affected, though, as I'm keeping all their kings).
  • As the geographic retconning, it is not likely that the Kingdom of Abdania and Mordvania would have been able to have colonies in the past. So all Abdanian colonies in Avidna, including Khibland, are likely removed or retconed.
  • Moving Kaljurand to east may make more sense historically, I guess, as it would be closer to related nations as Karjelinn and Harmajaa. I don't remember much about Kaljurand pre-modern history, but it shouldn't be much affected I hope.
  • Mordvanian intervention in Khibland, though, wouldn't have happened, as well as Nentsia recognition of Khibland's independence, for example. Abdanian migration to Western Brigidna, etc, wouldn't have happened, or would be reduced to the migration of the royal house and a related nobility.

Any feedback is welcome.
Kaljurand could be located where Gebeta was, though far bigger?
Well the current Mordvania has a nice, convenient mountain range along which to divide a prospective Kaljurand, for one thing.
(11-10-2018, 01:20 AM)Seperallis Wrote: Well the current Mordvania has a nice, convenient mountain range along which to divide a prospective Kaljurand, for one thing.

Yes, this seems very much good.

My only question is what happens to the land Kaljurand currently inhabits?
[Image: Wbs3DMM.png]
I give it to Nerysia.

As punishment for making me to do all these damn map updates.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.