Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inktober 2018
It’s that time again: the air is cooling. The pumpkins are spiced. The skeletons are ready to rise. And the side of my dominant hand is covered in marker smudges.

It’s Inktober!

...What’s Inktober?

Inktober is a month dedicated to using traditional media to make art in a digital age. Specifically, inks of all kinds - India ink, marker, acrylics, gel pen, and so on.

There’s an official prompt each day, and this year, the prompts are:

[Image: YxPRYEq.jpg]

I’ve actually attempted Inktober for the past three years, but I’ve ended up changing jobs and moving and having other life stuff get in the way for the past three years. But no more excuses! (Hopefully!) I’m going to try and do something for each day this year.

My goals with this are: (1) To commit to making time to practice with different tools and (2) to learn something with every drawing.

So yep, that’s Inktober. I’d love to see what everyone creates, because I know there are definitely some artists among us. Even if it doesn’t fit the themes, if you make some traditional art during the month of October, feel free to share it so we can all ooooh and ahhhh over it!
Sal’s Tools

- Prismacolor Premier Black Fine Liners (.08 - .005 mm)
- Sharpie Pen Black (1 mm)
- Sakura Black Archival Ink Marker Pen (1 mm)
- Pilot G-2 .07 mm pens (assorted neon colors)
- Crayola Super Tips (50 count assorted colors)
- Ohuhu Watercolor Brush Pens (assorted colors + water brush)
- Daler-Rowney Acrylic Artists’ Ink (white) + refillable pen
- A handful of various alcohol-based dual tip markers, mostly in neutral tones
- Whatever we keep in the junk drawer that can be considered ink.

Sal’s Week 1 Finished Prompts (Collapsed for your scrolling convenience!)

Show ContentSpoiler:
On track for Week 2! So far, I’ve made it way further into an Inktober than I’ve ever managed before. Not halfway there yet, but this is still something.

Sal’s Completed Week 2 Prompts (Still collapsed for your viewing pleasure!)

Show ContentSpoiler:

[url=http://i.imgur.com/LQjwJxD.jpg][u]10.12 & 10.14 -
WEEK 3 DID NOT GET OFF TO A GOOD START but I may go back and redo some of my lazier ones.

Show ContentSpoiler:
Well since this is long behind me and I won't feel like I'm interrupting, these are all fantastic and you should do it again. And more. MORE.