Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Support Center
If you are having some sort of issue, or would like to have a feature added or removed from the mobile version, plox mention it here.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
A lot of the clutter should now be removed if the window is too small (under 1024px, I believe); this should apply to phones (though, it also applies to PCs with too small a monitor/window). Lemme know how you guys (who access via mobile) feel about it, so we can make changes as needed.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
The mobile theme is pretty easy to use I think (using it now). I think making the colors more... eternity-esque would help. Is there a way we could implement two mobile skins, one light and one dark?

Also, an page to view all active topics, or most recently posted, would be nice as well, because there isnt an easy way to see that on mobile right now.

Just spitballing, really
Okay, so, major problem with the mobile version.

I switched to the mobile theme on my iPhone, and then I was on the mobile theme for BOTH MOBILE AND DESKTOP.

I had to switch back to the regular theme in the UCP, but that reverted the mobile theme on my iPhone to the default mobile screen.

If it's impossible to have it be the mobile themes only when on mobile, and standard themes only when on desktop/laptops, then that defeats the purpose of having a separate mobile theme. Also, having to switch themes in the UCP after it goes to the mobile version is kind of annoying.

It works fine when I'm not logged in, but for some reason when I'm logged in the damn thing won't let my use the mobile theme. I have no idea what's going on, it could be a problem with my account but reviewing my settings doesn't reveal anything being wrong (I have the "use mobile when I access from mobile device" enabled) so I have zero clue what's going on.

EDIT: Okay, so on mobile the information thing is missing, so SOMETHING is happening differently on mobile, I just have no idea wtf is going on.
Sal is reporting no issues on mobile anymore/at the moment/for now. Will update if an issue is found.
I could definitely look into editing the color scheme. It's not awfully difficult, albeit time-consuming. I'll also add the Today's Topics/Threads/W/E thing to it. Two mobile themes may be difficult to implement. The mobile plugin activates the mobile theme automatically when you access from a phone; it grabs the theme I tell it to grab in an ACP setting.

@Zab. Mobile theme is supposed to activate by itself.../every/ time you visit from a mobile device, perhaps after a particular amount of time, even if you switch to full version. If you switch manually, it does have the issue where you can't "switch to full version" or whatever. (Maybe cause the "full version", eg.: the theme your account is set to, it's trying to switch to IS the mobile version.) Is the mobile theme not the one you see when you load the site on a mobile device?

On a perhaps related note, it looks like the GoMobile plugin, the theme, or "switching to full version" may be responsible for our image, video, and sourceeditor settings being butched. It's difficult to say which 'cause I haven't quite lost them again. Regardless, be sure to report it here if it happens again. You can fix your settings from the Edit Options menu:

@Oer: thanks for the update.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire
Okay, so the issues I had with the mobile theme not working properly somehow magically fixed themselve..... I swear I did literally nothing since I last posted, I have no idea how they fixed themselves.

Only other criticism of the mobile theme I would have is that links to the Twitter Feed and Chat would be nice, but other than that I have no real problems with it. Flo says a better theme which is nice, but at the same time I don't feel like it's that big of an issue.
Images embedded into posts using [img] are displaying really stretched on mobile. I think this was already mentioned, but if not, there you go.

It's almost like the width is being resized but the height is the original.
Okay, major issue: lists don't display in mobile view.
The pm system on mobile is borked. You can only PM someone by selecting "pm" from the bottom of their post; the space where there -should- be an option to add recipients is blank, and doesn't react for you to type in recipients when the blank is selected (though it does react, flashing blue, but does nothing beyond that). Furthermore, all options below the body of the PM (adding your signature, enabling/disabling tracking, etc) do not have associated check boxes to select; they too react with a blue flash, but have no visible indication that selecting them does anything.

Furthermore, and on a related note, polls in threads ~usually ~ do the same thing (i.e. No check boxes, selecting options doing nothing...). Usually.

If it matters, I'm on iPhone (5) SE