Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eternal Ramblings
No ramble for the 30th of September.

I'm rather under the weather, and don't have the energy or the voice to do one. That's fine, it's fine. Instead, I uploaded the first game of Armello we played, way back in the beginning of April; we're all bad at it, and Lines of course had to d/c once, but we eventually finished.
http://board.eternityrpc.com/showthread....12#pid6412

Anyway, that's it.
ITS NOT OF COURSE YOU BIG BULLY. >Sad
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.

I forgot some stuff! But, I guess I can wait to mention it next episode; a lot has happened in the last week, especially over the weekend. It's so nice and refreshing to see so much renewed interest in, well, anything! I talk mostly about the various new threads and happenings on the forum, but I do go off on a tangent about myself for a bit, so that's always fun. Regardless, most of the larger changes are pretty obvious to anyone who visits the forum.

We had a busy weekend of...well, mostly resting after not really getting time to rest from the trip, and my long, long work weeks. Still, I did try to get this out on time, and decided to put this out late simply because there were too many things to talk about that I didn't want to miss...even though I ended up forgetting about half of them anyway. Oops!

That's okay, 30 minutes is much nicer than the 1 hour slogs, right?

Work stories! Wooo!

Game in the background is Cities: Skylines, as noted in the title; I forgot to mention it at the end of the video, mostly because just sooo many things went wrong in the recording. However, I think I'm getting better about recognizing and managing these little disasters, and every recording, I feel, is an improvement in some way over the last.

In any case, it's time for work stories with everyone's favorite Eternity gal, Sal! We delve deep into some requested stories, and the "traumas" of past jobs. It's a blast! We also return to form with a 1 hour (plus a bit) video; we could really have gone for longer with so, so many other stories, but I think that's enough for one show, don't you?

We also make up for some forgotten news form last week by, well, covering that forgotten news. Lots of changes to the forum! Woo!

I talk in this ramble about the recent changes to the Discord and Forum, and touch on some of the happenings of M.T. Role Play (including the new Democracy Survey!). I actually change up the format a bit in this one - mostly on accident - by rambling about completely unrelated things for almost half the time before getting around to the news. but hey, it wouldn't be a "ramble" otherwise, right?

Game in the background is Hearthstone this week, with music from Stardew Valley. I used to like Hearthstone quite a bit, though I lost a lot of interest when the new rules surrounding "ranked" mode came out that locked-out older card sets, and disappeared completely when gameplay became "Solitaire: Versus Mode." But that's fine; there are plenty other games for me to play nowadays. The video used was captured back in 2015, back when I still liked the game, and back when they had objectively the best brawl game mode.

Anyway, Enjoy! Or don't. If you want an audio-only file to keep with you for God knows what nefarious reasons, let me know and I'll try to put one up for download.

After a rough week both emotionally and in terms of how much work there is for me to do at...well...work, I wasn't really feeling up to doing a ramble. Honestly, I'm rather surprised at myself that I was able to record and edit as much as I did, given my target was about, oh, at most 10-ish minutes. Having doubled my target time, I think this is about as short as I think I can reasonably go without calling it a "mini-ramble."

That all aside, lots of events happening in Eternity this week that we touch upon: the Democracy Index continues, elections in Nyland end soon, Hadash is still looking for teams for his cycling thing, the forums continue to be updated...the list can go on. Activity has kicked back up in recent weeks and that's really a cool thing to see. Aso, if you notice any threads with broken/missing posts, give a shout-out to Ayzek in the "Did you lose a post" thread in the Twilight Castle, and he'll come fix them.

Game in the background comes from the Sims 3; it was part of a recording Sal and I did together of our little household, but I failed to turn on the microphone for the 3.5 hour session, so there was no conversation or audio. Oh well, at least it's still good for rambles!

It's the goodness of an Eternal Ramble, in one easy bite!

It's my anniversary weekend with Sal, and I didn't want to spend it doing 3-5 hours of recording and editing followed by half a day of rendering and uploading. I also didn't want to go without a ramble completely, though, so here's a mini one! Yay! If it's any consolation, Sal and I have been working on a really nice theme for a week or two from now that'll require a fair amount of work to put together, so that'll make up for the lack of content this week. We hope, anyway.

The game in the background of this video (such as it is) is Slime Rancher, aka the best game ever made. It started off slow and limited, but now I'm at the point where I got so much I can do that it's really got me hooked.

Anywho, we'll be back next with with your regular-sized chunk of rambling. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

All the news of a ramble, with minimal ramble!

I'm still mostly working on the "next" full ramble video, and definitely not getting distracted with hours upon hours of Slime Rancher. The idea I have for the next video - which will be Autumn themed - will take quite a fair bit more time to edit than I was willing to give it on short notice over this past weekend. Sound is recorded...video is recorded...all that is left is for the editing magic to happen.

Yeah, that'll take all week.

Anywho, the next full ramble will, without doubt or delay, make its appearance this coming weekend. For sure. Absolutely. No more delays, or ranching of slimes.

Autumnal Thankstober edition of Eternal Ramblings. It's Fall, y'all.

Sep & Sal talk about their favorite Fall things. Video clips of Fall frolickings play in the background. Lila makes a surprise visit. Not much more to it; It's Fall!

A ramble without any of the ramble. All commentary and music was removed, leaving just the ambient sounds of our video recordings for our Autumnal adventures.

It's Fall y'all.