Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new earth project, need early commentary!
So I started on this new story to try out sci fi this is my opening for the story!

Quote:We were awakened by the android from our so called “thousand year slumber” me and my crew were subjected to when we left earth. Our pods opened steam rising up from them like we used to see in the movies made two hundred years ago that inspired us to undertake these travels in the first place.

I, the captain of the ship had to inspect the ship personally and was greatly aided by this by the android that woke us up earlier and was not surprised by the fact that everything was still in pristine condition as the day we went to sleep in our pods. Without human skin fragments to make dust it was an easy job for the robotic vacuum cleaners to keep the ship clean. I noticed that the ship wasn't properly cleaned with water and soap by the humanly shaped android we call Bob instead of something like Xb-9522 the bureaucrats would have want us to call him which was one of his tasks. After the whole ship was inspected, the gardens for our organic food was still operational and had given us enough food to sustain ourselves for at least 5 years , I told Bob I wanted to go to my office and see the mission data reports the ship computers automatically lade and send back to our ancestral home of earth, in the hopes that global warming hadn't yet destroyed the planet and our colony and newer home of Mars and the moon of Jupiter called Europa. So the home fronts could track our progress and receive notice of our success or failure.

Personally,when we entered my office I was surprised when I entered my office, to find my old coffee cup, now overtaken by mold, still standing on my desk. Turning to the Bob asked him why it was still there. I got the simple reply that if I wanted him to wash the cup we, the humans, should not have turned off the water system before heading to bed. It could not get any water, while the water he could get was confined in the water processing room that was linked up with our pods to provide us some sustenance while in this coma like state.

We, as in humanity, can build a space ship that can travel countless light years on its own on autopilot, cannot yet build an android that has basic problem solving skills, I thought while I face palmed away explaining where he could have found water to clean everything. Of course I put him to that task as well aided by the robot vacuum cleaners so we would have a clean ship to land with in our project planet.

We had found this planet while looking trough a microscope on Europa, suitable for human life our scientist predicted. So within the year the first colonist were send ahead as a spearhead to open the way for the rest of humanity to move with us. All are proud to serve humanity on this mission, even Bob for most of the time.

What do you think about this?
I like the idea of a semi-incompetent A.I.

If you’re going to publish this anywhere, I’d definitely get a beta reader. There are several grammatical and spelling errors that make it difficult to read in some places.