Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you give for Christmas?
As the title says: what did you give for Christmas? Other holidays are welcome too, not just Christmas, as long as you gave something to someone. Reasons why are nice, but not needed.

Many years ago, I had a tradition of asking this question as a means of focusing on others at a time when many (especially kids) often think about what they were given. That’s about it.
A little late, but.  Links are included so you, too, can feel like you got a gift hand-picked by Sal!

I got my parents matching Mama Bear/Papa Bear hiking kits; both got a baseball cap, both got snack bars (dad got Epic brand meat bars and mom got This Bar Saves Lives), and both got different flavors of Nuun electrolyte drink tablets.) This was probably my favorite thing I gave this year.  My folks are retired and their goal is to hike the Appalachian Trail, so this stuff should give them a boost for their practice hikes.

I got my childhood bestie a little polymer clay snake that has a Santa hat and candy cane stripes from ClayKiosk. She has a pet ball python named Prismo so this was a gift for both of them. She also got this Snow White poison apple mug. She said she was going to drink the blood of her enemies from it.

I got Oer a lot of bee stuff (honey with comb, these honey bee playing cards, etc.) because that boy loves fuzzy bees.  I also got him an MP3 player and cassette-to-MP3 converter thing to bring his car into the modern era (also because his CD changer only holds 6 discs, and he has more music than that).

This Christmas I donated money to the Mid Ohio Food Bank, Alley Cat Rescue (a local trap-spay/neuter-release program), and our local NPR station, and I guess that's the part that really matters.

Yay giving!