Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Hello all I'm Will
My nation state is Cakeshire, and though I've been doing tabletop roleplay for a few years now I've new to forum based roleplay. I'm not really sure what I should be opening with so feel free to ask any relevant questions.
Welcome to the community! I have a few questions:

What brought you to NationStates?
What kind of tabletop have you done (what systems)?
Have you ever heard of the F.A.T.A.L. system?

Also, if you have any questions regarding our community, feel free to contact me over the forums, Chatango, or Discord!
How have you been on NS for half a decade and not done forum RP? <.<

What kind of RP are you interested in?
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
(11-19-2017, 11:56 PM)Alvino Castillon Wrote: Welcome to the community! I have a few questions:

What brought you to NationStates?
What kind of tabletop have you done (what systems)?
Have you ever heard of the F.A.T.A.L. system?

Also, if you have any questions regarding our community, feel free to contact me over the forums, Chatango, or Discord!

1. My friends in collage had accounts in nation states and I just wanted to be in on the fun, I think mine is the only one still active now.
2. Ohhh boy this is a list: Star wars d20, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, call of cthulhu, Dark heresy, only war, fallout d20, exodus, a alpha centauri homebrew, mass effect, warhammer fantasy and more. I have the issue of always running the games I want to play in.
3. I can't say I have I'm afraid.

Will do if I have any questions.
(11-19-2017, 11:58 PM)Ayzek Wrote: How have you been on NS for half a decade and not done forum RP? <.<

What kind of RP are you interested in?

Hello Ayzek
I'm afraid so, I'm far more use to role playing in person and I suppose Science fiction is my favourite but I'm quite happy so long as there's sufficient plot and character to the story.
Alpha centauri? Like, the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? Or is there something else? <_<

There is a section of the board dedicated to "alternative RP", which is basically any RP aside from the P/MTRP that forms the core. While that "reasonably realistic" modern-tech role play is our main thing, people are always mumbling about wanting to play in speis, so that's something we could help each other in.

So you mostly showed up to give forum RP a try, or was there something more concrete pulling you in?
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
(11-20-2017, 02:28 AM)Ayzek Wrote: Alpha centauri? Like, the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? Or is there something else? <_<

There is a section of the board dedicated to "alternative RP", which is basically any RP aside from the P/MTRP that forms the core. While that "reasonably realistic" modern-tech role play is our main thing, people are always mumbling about wanting to play in speis, so that's something we could help each other in.

So you mostly showed up to give forum RP a try, or was there something more concrete pulling you in?

The Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, I'm not sure how well it would convert over, as the way I ran it I had my players role playing the existing in game leaders (With the exception of a few banned factions). Though I would consider running something in the "Speis", I am not currently confident to do so due to being unfamiliar with how the forum works and the people in it. There wasn't particularly concrete reason that drew my in here, I'm just dipping my toes in other types of RP and the automatic message on nation states caught my attention. I hope this answers your questions. One thing I was wondering was when it is suitable for me to suggest my nation an add it to the nation list, is it something I should do immediately, or something I should discuss with a member of the board first?
Haha. To be frank, role playing leaders is part of what we do.  Forum-based role play is, unsurprisingly, based on writing. It is possible to add dice and luck to it, but we haven't. Our system could arguably best be described as collaborative writing, with the different players/members (and you are now one!) working together to tell a particular story. Of course, there is competition as, in post/Modern Tech Role Play, each Player runs one or more Sovereign State. But we generally try to work together to tell a story that is "reasonably realistic" and can keep as many parties as possible content.

Our Post/Modern Tech Role Play is coordinated and moderated by the Role Play Directorate (just a fancy name), headed by the Director (me!). But the Directorate is pretty hands-off and encouraged players to come to terms without calling it. Of course, you can always ask the Directorate/Director to help you with just about anything. Some in-character/in-game actions/items are regulated and require explicit Directorate approval or consent to do. You can read a bit more on that in the Directorate's forum.

Our administration is very open to new members, so there is no waiting period for submitting a land claim. You can just go into the Land Claim Thread and use the form available in the Guide to stake a claim. Of course, you certainly can discuss your state with one of before you do so, if you wanna make a more informed decision.

We can do that in this thread, on the forum-embedded chat, or on the rp-help-desk on Discord. Whichever's most convenient for you.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire

Ishnalli Empire