Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where in the World is Alvino Castillon!?
Note: As a quick note this isn't a "I'm leaving" post or anything of the sort. More explaining where I'm at.

So, I was largely aloof for a while. And you may or may not be wondering about that. Well, if you weren't that's okay. You can just shuffle along to do your stuff. If you were wondering, I'll explain.

As many of you know I was a Teacher's Assistant for most of the summer. Of course, summer ended and by August the Teachers Assistant program did as well. I then went on vacation to Alaska for about 10 days as I mentioned. It was a very lovely trip and it's going to play a role momentarily. But first...

Around that time the pool which I was working at was starting to undergo annual maintenance. Draining the pool, ensuring the tiles are scrubbed, all that stuff. I came back and was starting to get my schedule in order for lifeguarding so that I could start job hunting but still make enough money to pay student loans. I also got roped into a project to start up a YouTube channel; that didn't last long due to a number of aspects I'd rather not go into and that project settled on fairly good terms. No friends lost either which is good.

So, the pool. Yeah that project became indefinite. There's issues with it so it closed, causing some chaos for the place I work at. We transferred things to the other pool and I still had work for the time being.

That as of yesterday has come to a grinding halt however. Yesterday that second pool was suddenly closed (also indefinitely) because of issues with it. So as of right now, I have no job to speak of. I have a job, but there are no hours because there is no pool. So at the moment I have no income.

That being said I'm not in a crisis mode right now. I have money stocked away for the next few months and worst case, at least one of the pools should be open by the time it dries up. Either that or my job search will finally pay off and I will have a new job. Or I'll pass one of the civil service exams I've applied for with flying colors and get a job in civil service (which would be even better frankly).

Additionally, in the background I've been slowly plugging away at the photos I took on the trip to Alaska. They are beginning to get attention and that is starting to open up a few potential doors for me. I won't say anything right now because I don't want to jinx it but it's good, possibly really good. Meanwhile, I've decided I may start participating in art shows/art fairs as the photos I've worked on are great according to the people that have seen them. That should provide a small income.

This is all on top of other personal things by the way. Old enemies circled around for another shot at me and failed, crises with friends that had to be defused (some by my own hand, others by the hands of enemies), and scores that had to be settled once and for all.

In short, I apologize for my absence. There's been a lot going on as I transition from a school life to an adultier adult life in full and now that I've started to enjoy photography again things are changing still. I'm still trying to find myself and where I fit in in the world. Moving forward however I will be more active in the community than I was; that includes the recruitment aspect since I promised to tackle that head on. However, I won't be fully back into RPing yet until I get things settled. I will be active on Discord and Chatango though, especially since much of my time will be looking for a new job and finally leaving my old line of work behind.

So yeah. I'm not dead nor did I pack up and leave without telling anyone. Just, have been distracted with all the other things in the world. Just wanted to let y'all know.
Glad to here you're not dead bro!

The Arch-Kingdom of Oslanburg
Head of State: HM Arch-King Aerin III
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nis Overgaard

The Ceribian Federation
Head of State: President Okropir Bakradze
Head of Government: Prime Minister Daviti Dgebuadze

Neat! Sounds like you had a really eventful time, and it's good that you have a plan. It's really great that you've been able to get recognition for your portraits. We're glad to have you back. o/

Where did you go in Alaska? from when you checked in during it, it sounded like you were doing a cruise in the southeast. The exact name of those escapes me.