Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gettin' Swole Thread
The place for anything about workout routines, fitness products, diet plans, bragging about your abs, whatever.

--

Mostly, I wanted recommendations for an updated running playlist because it has not been updated in more than a year, but if people had other fitness things to discuss, might as well plunk them here, too!

Looking for:

-- Mostly rock, pop and power metal; techno/dance and hip hop to a lesser extent, but anything with a sick beat, bruh.
-- BPM between 150 and 180-ish.  Or anything that sounds like it would be good for keeping a jogging-to-running pace.  (Will accept slower, chugging stuff for my lifting playlist!)
-- Lyrics about being the best or the strongest or something like that not a must, but a bonus. (It psychs me up.)
-- Male vocalists preferred.
-- It's an observation that punky-pop stuff from the 00s (Sum 41, Halestorm, etc.) tends to have the right beat and lyrical theme.  Hit me up.

Big no's for me:
-- Almost all black metal and screamo is a no-go.  Just... Eugh.  No thanks.
-- Anything with major beat changeups mid-song.  I'm not trying to trip and get launched off the back of the treadmill.
-- Acoustic stuff and live recordings, for the most part.

Some stuff from my current list (fewest to most BPM based on this thingo):

Resist and Bite - Sabaton

Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell - The Offspring

Einmal um die Welt - Cro

Meteoriitti - Pariisin Kevät

On Mercury - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Misery Business - Paramore

Tequila - Korpiklaani
i have a slow jogging pace in terms of steps per minute (is that a thing?) compared to many of my friendos, as I have longer strides, so I typically pick slower songs to jog to, since they match my pace better. I typically jog at 115-130 bpm lol

i can offer some when I think of them. i dont usually run with music
(08-06-2017, 09:26 PM)Flo Wrote: i have a slow jogging pace in terms of steps per minute (is that a thing?) compared to many of my friendos, as I have longer strides, so I typically pick slower songs to jog to, since they match my pace better. I typically jog at 115-130 bpm lol

Slower stuff is always good for cooldowns!

For walking I like things that give you that funky swagger, like Night by Night by Chromeo and Unstoppable by Mystery Skulls.
yeah, the sidewalks are super uneven where I live so when I run its really rough on my ankles, so I like jogging or walking usually.

I listen to sports podcasts usually lol
I've been listening via my 10 year old iPod Nano using some of those Apple earbuds that came with it, so I really can't hear most podcasts with the low, poor-quality sound from the speakers combined with the background noise of the gym. But I listen to podcasts pretty much all day at work, so gym is kind of music time.
I see, driving time (I have a 40-50 min commute one way) is my music time.
This is definitely not a thread bump.

I haven't worked out since the move away from SC. I'm not gaining weight, and I actually have gained some muscle in my shoulders and upper arms from lugging a nuclear densometer around all spring and my forearms are getting buff from testing concrete (I try to switch up the arms I use, otherwise my left might become noticeably smaller lol). But, I'd like to get to doing cardio, because I know the lack of the semi-regular exercise I was getting is actually having some detrimental effects.