Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Three Kingdoms game that's not by Koei!
*Hype train a-rollin' into the station*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/577230...t_Warlord/

So I found this gem while I was perusing the page for Three Kingdoms Maker (which I am wanting for...reasons), and I am actually pretty hype about it. By the screenshots (and someone in the discussion forums had a similar response), the game looks like Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, using similar gameplay from back when the series was good. While I like the battle system for RTK11 where things happen on the world map, the battles in this game take place on separate battle maps, allowing for more realistic field battles, or detailed city sieges with multiple layers of defenses.

The game's being developed by a Chinese indie team who are self-professed Three Kingdoms nerds, and it looks like they've put a lot of effort into making sure it's chock full of authentic historical detail. As a matter of fact, they're working on an English translation atm, whICH IS MORE EFFORT THAT KOEI CAN BE FUCKED TO GIve almost half their games, so good on them.

Game is coming out on 25 May, reportedly for $10, which is a damn good deal if it's anything similar to the RTK series. I might very well get it on launch day.
Oh, the game will have a modding utility.

You know what that means. Flipped Smile
Two daaaaays. Just the thought of this is going to sustain my sanity through this week of rain and slow work.
Neeeerrrrddddddddd.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
You literally have no leg to stand on in that debate. Smile
Today's the day!

[Image: ZocQ9oDl.png]
So, the game just dropped an update on Saturday that brought with it very basic English language integration. It's still missing a lot, but it's now at least playable by someone who doesn't know Chinese. I've been waiting for this day...sadly, I think I won't be starting on it for some time to come. But that's okay, it just means there will be more things in English when I finally get to playing it.
you're so cute Smile