Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANNOUNCEMENT: BOARD/CHAT RULES
Attention citizens of Eternity.

The staff have noticed the recent... unpleasantness on the chat. We as a community have grown more combative over the last year. I'm not going to go into specifics like reasons but we as a staff have decided it's time to make more specific board and particularly chat rules for conduct and communication. This is not meant to single anyone out, but ensure that there are guidelines in place to ensure this community is friendly and enjoyable for everyone, regardless of any differences.

Be advised that we are not planning to go too overboard, ramming rules down everyone's throats to make communication or civil discussion/arguments impossible, but we do feel something should be done to counteract some of the aggression we've been seeing recently (from staff members as well, we're not perfect.) Also, our present guidelines are pretty vague and haphazardly enforced (our problem as well).

Furthermore, we are looking to establish proper guidelines for formal complaints/grievances to ensure that, should anyone step over the line, we can redirect them in a healthy and responsible way. 

This is not intended to single anyone out, by any means. Most online communities have proper rules and procedures for infractions and it's about time we do the same, especially since we're on a recruitment drive.

~~~

If you, as a member of the community, have any ideas or comments you would like the staff to consider, please post them here. I cannot promise you your ideas will end up a part of the procedures/rules, but I can promise you they will be considered. If you have any questions, feel free to ask either here or via PM, if you would prefer it to be private.
I believe that this is a proper step for us to move forward on, especially as we look to expand our community via recruitment and greater involvement in NS. I would appreciate it if as these rules are established that the Discord staff be kept in the loop so we can update our server's rules appropriately.
You'll certainly see them when they get posted. It'll be a full announcement.

Is discord an "official eternity thing" yet? official medium? communication channel? idk what to call it.

If it's not official, you guys can have whatever rules you really want, I would think. When they roll out you could just copy the chatango ones or whatever you want really.