(05-23-2017, 05:21 PM)Arkiania Wrote: Directorate Use Only
Expanding Country:Arkiania
EC.'s Government Type: Absolute Monarchy

Campaign Setting: 1587
Campaign Goal:Achia
Informational Links: Factbook

When did you last have an Expansion? N/A
When was the Expanding Country's last military conflict? N/A
Why do you seek to expand?To use the territory as a staging point to invade Octitania if Wizardness never comes back. Other than that, resources and bigger nation I guess. Dirty Imperialism.

Campaign Plot
Achia was the largest duchy on the Krinisian Isle, and was the rival of many of the duchies in the south before they united forming Arkiania. During the high middle ages, Achia was invaded by Arkiania and successfully taken. After this Arkiania experienced unprecedented growth and prosperity. However civil unrest in Achia was high and there were fequent revolts. Then under the weak rule of High King Alexian Aurelius, the Achians revolted again in 1392, this time with a strong military force. The Arkianian's were defeated and were forced to give Achia its independence. This rivalry continues to present day as Achia is a valuable central position on the Isle and one that Arkiania would exploit for its natural resources. It is also a staging point for an expected future conflict with Octitania. Arkainia hopes to use world tensions and false flag as a smokescreen to occupy the island and strengthen its hold before an intervention. The war is also supported by much of the higher class of Arkiania which are mostly business men interested in the mining opportunities, especially for gold which is highly valuable because of its use in trade, and products. There is also the agenda of the monarchs that want to reform the Arthian Imperium, a predecessor state to Octitania, Arkiania, and Achia.

Potential for Other Player Involvement
People who usually like t ruin the dreams of aspiring empires.

I am going to need to rewrite the plot. I will get to this later. Still car lagged.
Y'know if you try make up an excuse to invade Achia (like set Achia up to attack civilians the South Empire), I think people will not be as threatened as if you just invade in a opportunistic way. Nobody may believe it, but it will at least keep the anti-war people in your land in check.

It is certainly possible invading Achia in my opinion. But using your army and charging inward is a dumb idea. I would use your navy to capture their capital. Most land that would be usable for commercial purposes would be on the coast. Throttling their administration and their commercial capabilities should be enough for a surrender.

But at least inland, I would not confront their armies. The chances are if they have secured their independence this long, they will have fortification in the mountains. 2 of their major cities I think are up in the highlands on plateaus I imagine.

Their armies are likely to be operating their along with any industries that deals with raw materials.

Octitania will likely do nothing about it, but they certainly won't approve of the invasion. If an ultraconservative mood came from the constitutional convention, they are likely to withdraw from the alliance and could be a precursor to a war between the two nations in the late 1500's and early 1600's

But I do not know how the convention will go and I would like to get it done soon so I know how the Empire is organized or if it will even be an Empire.

With that said, the invasion of Achia should for an interesting RP. And I curious to see the battle plans in the future.
Charging Inward might be a decent enough idea if done right, if Ark just takes the coasts then well...commerce won't matter as the inland groups take to guerilla warfare to keep Ark's tooks relatively stuck at the borders and coasts....chargeeeee into the mountains my boy.....that is what I say o/ or just bomb the shit out the entire country then carefully step over the remains....

EDIT:
Singan won't likely comment as long as Ark is being well.....non-chemically-genocidally-evilly-bad during the war....if foreign powers start getting involved...Singan might look towards its direction once again and reevaluate the situation.
Taking a second look at the map. Yeah, the geography will be an issue, but I could maintain control over the majority of the country if I attack the coast and the east, but I'd considering Arkiania has similar geography one could assume the Arkiania's forces would be familiar in fighting in the type of climate and terrain.
Angiris is not in any position to really do anything about Arkiania's plans with Achia. though I can't imagine it'd be too happy about it.
AERANDARIEL
THE GENTLEMAN VILLAIN

The Angirisian Empire/Dominion (2014- 2020)
The Solhaven Confederacy (2017-2020)
The Romulan Republic (2019-2020)

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." - John Quincy Adams

In chat Rommy gave the idea that I can attack the mountains first and I can force them to the shores which would then prevent me from getting into a prolonged war in the mountains.
I never really thought about what was in Arkainia. Is it really worth invading this small Duchy just for... imperialism? Regardless, persuading them in the mountains straight away seems like a solid strategy, but I think it will not be cheap to invade Arkainia both fiscally and manpower wise. Just do not turn the invasion into a Winter War.

I took a look at what could be happening in Octitania. It really depends on what the Consititution looks like (which I do not know yet). But if a republican model is in place in Octitania, then they will be difficult to cooperate with, they might impose sanctions.

Because of the civil war, Arkainian-Octitanian relations are fragile when most of the administration can benefit from a republic. So tread carefully how you approach this to Octitania. Because you might have to in the future. That is all I can say right now because I do not know about the Constitution yet.
So you wouldn't defend your little neighbor if it asked for help, Wizard-tan? :C
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
As per the Directorate, I will taking over as OpFor in this little brouhaha.
Republic of Taeunas Database
RTT News

Only the strongest will survive... lead me to heaven when I die...
I am the shadow on the wall... I'll be the one to save us all...

Constitutionalist

DeSchaine's Shipyard
(06-10-2017, 02:45 AM)His Wizardness Wrote: I never really thought about what was in Arkainia. Is it really worth invading this small Duchy just for... imperialism? Regardless, persuading them in the mountains straight away seems like a solid strategy, but I think it will not be cheap to invade Arkainia both fiscally and manpower wise. Just do not turn the invasion into a Winter War.

I took a look at what could be happening in Octitania. It really depends on what the Consititution looks like (which I do not know yet). But if a republican model is in place in Octitania, then they will be difficult to cooperate with, they might impose sanctions.

Because of the civil war, Arkainian-Octitanian relations are fragile when most of the administration can benefit from a republic. So tread carefully how you approach this to Octitania. Because you might have to in the future. That is all I can say right now because I do not know about the Constitution yet.

Achia likely has similar resources to the rest of the continent and important such as gold which is very valuable and used in a lot of things such as electronics. Not only that I think we could discuss a historical reason as to why Arkiania would want to invade Achia. After all much our history is largely undiscussed.