Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Partition
IMPERIALISM

That's it. That's all there is to this thread. Nothing more. If you're intolerant of my imperialism, you should leave and protest in the embassy or something. Yeah.

~

So anyways, in my quest to stir up trouble find more land to pillage give some activity to Adwest, I have managed to obtain permission from the relevant people to start a war with Hylis. There will be no legit casus belli or false flag operation (but the others might want this changed), and it will purely be a war of aggression under the guise of regime change. Because Hylis is a communist hellhole, and the God-fearing nations of Kvaenna will have nothing to do with such an abominable ideology!

I have heard echos that certain other powers in the hood (cough Taeunas and Arrenland cough) are also interested in purging the people of Hylis from their suffering and they certainly are a welcome addition to the war band.

As to the namesake, Jam suggested tho' that we ought to first divide-and-conquer the patch of land right between our three countries. The area includes Cynas, Sindar-Astrasia, and Falsea (even tho' this land is rightfully Adwestene >Sad )

I'm posting this to serve as a venue for discussion and to throw out ideas. And also as to gain input from the authorities whether this would count as an expansion? (I guess it is???) but everything's still pretty general so yeah. I for one could just go for war without much gain hehe.
I think Taeunas has some kind of treaty with Cynas? I guess they can keep that part. Arrenland would want territory on the western coast, obviously, so either in Falsea, Sindar-Astrasia, or both. It would very probably count as an expansion.

I would like some clarification on Taeunas's relationship with Cynas and the other states, on Adwest's relationship with Westenne (I believe there was some RP going on there?), and on Taeunas's actual commitment to full-blown imperialism.
Invading Hylis doesn't count as an expansion. It would count as player-on-player RP. Invading the other countries would count as a campaign, and would require relevant forms submitted.
Role Play States

Holy Lanlanian Empire
Holy Emperor: Feryn I
Prime Minister: Klaus Lofgren
The Holy Lanlanian Empire is a multi-ethnic state based in western Brigidna with territories all across the globe. It is a relic of an older age, an absolute monarchy hidden under a functioning democracy. The empire has historically been the world's leading power, though has long been in decline and was recently overtaken by the Republic of Nyland. Nonetheless, the empire is not an opponent to take lightly.

Ishnalli Empire
Empress: Lanryu-il
Chancellor: IDEK
The greatest country in the world. It's YUUUUGGGEEEE.
Taeunas does indeed have an MDP with Cynas.
Republic of Taeunas Database
RTT News

Only the strongest will survive... lead me to heaven when I die...
I am the shadow on the wall... I'll be the one to save us all...

Constitutionalist

DeSchaine's Shipyard
Aeriland is liable to be buddy buddy with Arrenland on this issue, sekeing out direct territorial gains not exactly in its interest, as much as potential to exploit resources in some areas.....though some of them Hylian Islands do look nice Wink
Alright here's my idea: this will be some super Yalta Conference type shit here. The Big Four - Arrenland, Adwest, Taeunas, and Aeriland - secretly meet to hash out plans to divvy up Kvaenna. It has been too long, TOO LONG, that a divided and weak Kvaenna has allowed the Brigidnans to take the lead in the world. I'll be honest, I'm more concerned with mainland Kvaenna than I am with invading Hylis for some reason, but that's still on the table.

Arrenland and Adwest will invade Sindar-Astrasia and Falsea. Arrenland will occupy Sindar (I'm assuming that the part of Sindar-Astrasia that is near Sinbad) and western Falsea, while Adwest occupies Astrasia (presumably the area around Astratt) and eastern Falsea.

Afterwards, Arrenland and Adwest will publicly appear to be gearing up for an invasion of Cynas - troops massing near the border, aggressive rhetoric from leadership - leading Cynas to plea to Taeunas for aid. Taeunas, the good ally that they are, will flood Cynas with their troops and, it would appear, deterring an invasion.

BUT WAIT - the whole thing was a false flag operation! Taeunas uses the looming threat of Arrenlander and Adwestene invasion to do some nasty shit in Cynas, ending in Taeunasian control of the country. I'll leave the details of how much and what type of control up to Des.

Admittedly, in this first phase of our World Domination Plan ™ there isn't much for Aeriland to do, except perhaps to simply support Adwest and Arrenland. Although Aeriland's suspicions of Adwest may cause them to delay their involvement in the World Domination Plan until the so-called Hylis Phase.
As of 1584, Westenne is already under Adwestene occupation. Our hands are no longer tied in the area and we can subsequently move on to the next target of our war of conquest; Sindar-Astrasia.

I like Jam's framing of the situation, although I also have questions myself. What would push Arrenland into such a blatantly aggressive situation? Change of government or something? and aren't they allied with the Lanlanians?  Tongue

One thing though; Adwest intended to gain access to the mainland's southwestern coastline by conquering SA, so it would therefore request the entire country in exchange for Arrenland's annexation of the entirety of Falsea. Adwest's Queen's consort is also the brother of SA's Grand Duke, which is further reason for us to request the country so we can give it to him as a fief. If Arrenland ain't cool with this, we can probably negotiate further.

As for Aeriland...we're still treaty allies if I recall, and I remember they were also promised a port somewhere on the mainland. Though if conditions won't allow it, you'll get compensation in the Hylis Campaign if and when we decide we're up to it. Which we are. Right guys? *looks at Taeunas*
Arrenland has always been an imperialistic power, although a change in leadership would be prudent. A young or otherwise hands-off king with an aggressive, warlike chancellor. As for the Lanlanians, Arrenland has enjoyed a historical relationship with them. We even had a treaty of cooperation, though I think it's expired now. As long as the HLE doesn't actually get involved, which seems unlikely at this point, that shouldn't concern us.

As for territory, your suggestions might look a bit weird on the map but it's fine with me.
Okay, so I have instituted the government change in Arrenland. Eadmund Dunstan is the new chancellor. He's your typical populist with a warlike streak who is determined to make Arrenland a great power. The king is keeping his fingers out of politics completely (which also leaves me a convenient back door should this whole thing blow up massively in our faces).

Hm... perhaps we can come up with some kind of historical/familial connection between Falsea and Arrenland? Falsea is probably some kind of monarchy, right? I'm sure that at some point the two royal families intermarried. Maybe Arrenland used to control part of Falsea at some point in the past? Perhaps we simply invade Falsea after Adwest invades Sindar-Astrasia and say that we are "securing" Falsea from Adwestene aggression?

Assuming that we manage to complete the Mainland Phase without everything blowing up in our faces, we must move on to the Hylis Phase. This is where Fal, I think, should take the lead, considering it was Fal's idea. We need to come up with some kind of causus beli, even if it is flimsy. Also, this is where Aeriland will be properly compensated for their support.
@Fal I believe the Aeri-Adwest treaty maybe expired??? Idk, at the moment Aeriland is suspicious of Adwest but still wants to be on goodish terms; presently expanding ties with Arrenland is a priority.

Rather than /land/ on the western coast of Kvaenna, Aeriland wants tons of drilling and mining rights e_e *eyes his future proposal for expanded deep sea mining*

Though if the Hylis campaign goes through, thats way potential Aeri claims may occur.