Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inventor's Fair
The grave bell resounds across the peak of Craeh Snil, echoes bouncing off the peaks as the sun rises over a new day. The attendant entered the chambers of Dr. Sulaif Darako to find him deceased, having passed peacefully in his sleep. The day is silent as the bell rings, no shop or business opens as the people gather in the streets to pay their respects to the technocrat.

The sound of the grand bell tolls, travelling across the range to be heard in all the settlements. The release ceremony is held at the Grand Mausoleum; grand white pillars of granite lined with white and black marble stand vigil on either side of the entrance halls as the deceased enter in procession, Dr. Sulaif the first to enter in the day and the first to be entombed in stone, his deeds carved into his obelisk as a benefactor of Nindaro, his advancements and achievements that he dedicated to his fellow man.

The death of Dr. Sulaif signified an end to an era and the beginning of a new one. Despite their loss and grief, in every person's heart stirred the excitement of what awaited with the next event to chose the new Technocrat. The event that could make or destroy a person's career, the event that pitted mind against mind to bring forth the greatest ideas and advancements. The Inventor's Fair.

OOC: Introduce your character and some backstory before their invention, the fair isnt in full swing yet so make some build up to it! Lines has full right to deny tech, if he denies it you can still make the invention, it'll just be a failure.
I'm too old for this shit - 12 year old kid
GTech(Graphene Technology):
Graphene processor , battery
Solazyme:
Algae fuel demonstration and production demonstration
Vote in Voice of Goldecia. You decide!
Ashef Ilis wakes up with his face on his desk. Groaning, he sits up straight and wipes the drool off his chin, having fallen asleep in the middle of his work. He looks down at the scattered sketches and plans for his invention, several scribbles and scratched out ideas over ideas on theories, his last idea, a pneumatic hyperloop, was amazing in theory, but was a disaster waiting to happen.

"Damn." He swears, scattering his failed ideas all over the floor of his simple room. White walls with a single window in the middle of the east facing wall with synthetic fabric curtains covering them. It was a hot day so the window was open, working with his air conditioner as well.

"This won't do." He whimpers, looking at all the ideas that were probably already done. "I have to come up with something, even if I don't get first prize maybe I can get a company sponsorship. Think Ashef, think!" He racks his brain, "Efficiency. I should consider working on making life more efficient, that's the best way to improve lives. What if I... what if... what...." He trails off, looking hopelessly at his surroundings. "I need some fresh air." He gets up and heads for his door.

The sun hits Craeh Snil harshly, even with the light refracting structure of the city, it's oddly warm. Ashef decides to swing by a cafe where a friend of his likes to rest, and just as predicted, Damon Tae is there drinking coffee.

"Isn't it a little hot for coffee?" Ashef asks as he sits down, ordering an iced tea off a tablet.

"Not as hot as your fried brain I bet, you look like shit." Damon replies. "No luck with an invention?"

"No, it's all things that are sound as an idea until you actually test the theory. How's managing the reactor's resources?"

"A pain in the ass, today we swapped out 5% of the cores, and we realized that our graphite cores are taking up too much space, we can't bury them without them causing too much damage. we need to look into a safer use for them."

"Conversion?"

"Convert them into what, radioactive gold? people will get sick, and the gold will decay, and alchemy isn't real."

"What about diamonds? they're compact and can be stored easily."

"True, but we don't have a compressor, on hand.... don't you have access to one?"

"My dad does, but synthetic diamonds aren't valuable anymore. I don't know if he still uses it."

"Perfect! Why don't we try it then, I can get a contained graphite core to you and we can run it through the machine."

"Are you going to supply the protection equipment? I still need to contact my dad about this."

"Do I look stupid? Of course I will, I'll have a geiger counter too just to make you feel safe."

"Sounds good., you want to go for a movie? Speedy and Angry 17 is out."

OOC: I plan on inventing diamond batteries.
(Diamond Battery)
Linky: https://futurism.com/diamond-batteries-m...-of-years/
I'm too old for this shit - 12 year old kid