Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolution
A gusty Tuesday afternoon, in the year 1595 brought with it a strong 35 MPH wind off the cape of Trivenze. One scholar would later say, "It was like the soul of the King went with it". King Frederico, had passed away at the age of 49 due to heart disease and a few other ailing effects. Smoking heavily is said to be the cause. The palace remained hushed on the subject, only stating that a vague press conference was planned that evening.

News around the region was buzzing later that eve. It was rumored that the Marblestone Palace would make an announcement over the royal marriage of Crown Prince Vittorio-Emanuele to Eugénie Joséphine Valois of Eskkya. It couldn't have been farther from the truth, and when the truth would surface the nation would be rocked harder since the first civil war (1321).

A old and shriveled press coordinator, by the name Enrico Cabralas stepped out to the podium and spoke in a nervous tone infront of the podium.

"Thank you for attending. In a moment the Crown Prince will enter and make a statement. We will not be recieving questions at this--"

A voice called out to the coordinator, "It is hardly necessary,"

Noneother than the crown prince himself entered the camera-shot and the coordinator stepped aside. What followed the prince were two generals and chancellor Trompi.

"Thank you all for being here, and gratzie to the people of Lomarre for watching and listening." He paused to wipe his eye, whether it be a tear or dust. Vittorio's face seems slightly red and flushed but otherwise remained emotionless, "It pains me to be here to make this announcement, but as of today, the father, King, and guide of the Lomarrens passed away."

A few in the crowd, those who couldn't believe the news, gasped; yet most in the room were silent. Vittorio continued on, "Twentyone years ago he was crowned after the death of his brother, in a terror attack that re-defined this nation's spirit. We took a step forward to reach out to our neighbors for help against the rising threat of fascists. We made alliances, and united royalty, especially from my mothers homeland of Goldecia. We formed trade and defensive partnerships with our long-time allies, the Holy Lanlanian Empire and the Republic of Eskkya. We built a wall and defensive barrier that spanned the border against the Carpathians. We began to mark a new era for our nation."

He would pause again to look off to the back of the room where his mother and courted was. He looked down and continued to speak what was left, "Per tradition a week of mourning shall begin and at weeks end, I will be crowned King Vittorio-Emanuele I of Lomarre. I pray my father will guide me as a guardian-angel, for I forsee challanges unlike any of us have seen yet."

As he stepped away from the podium with a slight bow of his head, the bells above the palace began a cadence of rings, to signal the reign of Frederico II had passed. The media began to ask questions as the King walked away, hurrying off to other matters.

Little beknownst to the small kingdom that the challenges Vittorio mentioned would erupt nearly a day later. Gone are the days of pretenders to the throne when a king dies. Now, factions of many kinds come out from the lowest corners of the world to break Lomarre's spirit.